My minecraft account was hacked, can I get it back using my in game java account name?

Discus and support My minecraft account was hacked, can I get it back using my in game java account name? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Recently my Microsoft account was hacked and somehow deleted. This means I am no longer able to log into my Minecraft account. Can I still get it back... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ethan Carreon1, Mar 23, 2023.

1. My minecraft account was hacked, can I get it back using my in game java account name?

Recently my Microsoft account was hacked and somehow deleted. This means I am no longer able to log into my Minecraft account. Can I still get it back using the game java account name I remember? I also have proof of a transaction ID, and what I migrated the email account to.

When I open my minecraft launcher, and try to log in using the microsoft login, it will automatically tell me to sign in to a microsoft account email that I don't recognize. I have tried using that email on the account recovery form, but it obviously didn't work because my details will not match the hackers.

:)

Ethan Carreon1, Mar 23, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

My minecraft account was hacked, can I get it back using my in game java account name?

Hello Ethan Carreon1,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

As it was put into detailed that your Mojang account was already migrated to Microsoft account, and it is sad to hear that it was hacked. We understand how much time and effort you have invested for your account to play Minecraft and lose access due to this incident. Let us see how we can help.

We would like to set your expectation ahead that Microsoft accounts are fully managed and handled by an automated server and we don't have manual access to it because Microsoft really takes our security and privacy very seriously. This means that moderators and advocates can't do more than you can do for yourself with the account recovery form. We do not have the ability to send password reset links or provide other ways to access or change account details.

To ensure that you can find resolution on this account issue, you may use the login help tool. You will need to read the instructions on this site and there is a way for you to contact the live support team too. Link: Sign in Help Tool

We are positive that you’ll get more relevant information and best resolution to your concern.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Jackson McHugh Win User

Minecraft help

Hi, i am able to login to my microsoft account fine, but when i login to the minecraft launcher now it says i dont own minecraft java anymore and i know it was hacked because my friend said someone changed my minecraft name.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Unable to redeem Minecraft java even when owning Minecraft windows 10 edition.

I did not understand, my friend. Your hacked account had Minecraft Java. Then, after it got hacked, you created another account and was given Minecraft for Windows? Microsoft or Mojang gave you Minecraft for Windows or how this happened?
  5. Kathy A. Win User

my minecraft java was hacked and they changed the username but i want my old one back

Hello Corrigan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It must have been a big relief that you successfully access your account back after it was being a hacked. For the Microsoft account concern we can assist you with the process of how to recover it. However, for the Minecraft Java username or profile name, only Minecraft support team has tools regarding this feature. This Minecraft Java profile name is an in-game feature for Minecraft. For more details, please see this support article: Minecraft: Java Edition Profile Name VS Gamertag FAQ | Minecraft Help.

It looks like you need to wait for 30 days before you can change the Minecraft Java profile name.

For queries and concern about Minecraft Java profile name, please reach out to Minecraft support. Link: Submit a request – Home (minecraft.net).

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Irtaza Kashif Win User

Mojang Account Migration

Yes, one of my Microsoft accounts DOES show up as owning the game. However it also has a "Profile Name" button under the Minecraft Java section on the My Games tab, and it tells me that my username is already taken when I enter the username I was using on my Java account before migration.
Thema:

1. My minecraft account was hacked, can I get it back using my in game java account name? - Similar Threads - minecraft account was

2. Blank window when trying to log in minecraft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Blank window when trying to log in minecraft account: Microsoft is trying to mess with me again. I was asked to log into my account when trying to open the launcher. When i click "Microsoft Login" two blank windows open, one with the xbox logo on it....
  3. How do I login with a new email on my ps4 Minecraft account so I can play with Ray my...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I login with a new email on my ps4 Minecraft account so I can play with Ray my...: My question was how can I sign up for a new Microsoft account on my ps4 because when I sign in it says error/ failed because the account is already connected so I have to use the previously used...
  4. My Minecraft account got scammed, and now Microsoft doesn't recognise the email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Minecraft account got scammed, and now Microsoft doesn't recognise the email.: So, a little but ago i got scammed by putting in my account details and a code I was sent into a "giveaway" the scammer then transferred my Minecraft account to a separate email and now nothing...
  5. Why is minecraft making me pay for items I already owned after signing into my account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is minecraft making me pay for items I already owned after signing into my account?: I changed the password to my Microsoft account, and signed into minecraft. After signing in I wanted to recreate my character. But I lost all my accessories and need to pay for it again. But if I...
  6. Cant redeem Minecraft to child account

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant redeem Minecraft to child account: I bought a copy of Minecraft for my kids account, but I cant seem to enable it on their account. No email was received on their end, yet I was billed for a copy. fd1b06f1-251f-4be8-9dee-1105ae8972b6
  7. I'm logged in to my Microsoft account on Minecraft. I want to go to Servers to play with...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm logged in to my Microsoft account on Minecraft. I want to go to Servers to play with...: I just bought Minecraft on my new Nintendo Switch. I'm trying to link my accounts, but I'm having trouble doing that. I've been able to sign into my existing Microsoft account and play. However it...
  8. My microsoft account on minecraft switch

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My microsoft account on minecraft switch: Hello, could I know why I am suspended from multiplayer and if not how long until it will no longer be suspended? 700b8bb1-a441-4bd7-a774-9a361a249259
  9. Minecraft Launcher won't let me play, despite having an account

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Launcher won't let me play, despite having an account: I'm logged into my account on the launcher, it shows up and everything. When I go to play Java, it says I need to add a username. When I enter the one I already have it says it's in use, despite...
  10. I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it...: I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it from my old one and link it to my new one aeda31a0-b74a-4037-8ead-8cc7d3b55545