My Minecraft account is attached to my Microsoft account and it was hacked. The hackers...

Discus and support My Minecraft account is attached to my Microsoft account and it was hacked. The hackers... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; About a month ago, I was playing Minecraft and, stupidly, clicked on a phishing link from someone who supposedly wanted to give me some cosmetics for a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by vacpot, Feb 27, 2023.

1. vacpot
    vacpot Guest

My Minecraft account is attached to my Microsoft account and it was hacked. The hackers...

About a month ago, I was playing Minecraft and, stupidly, clicked on a phishing link from someone who supposedly wanted to give me some cosmetics for a YouTube giveaway video. They gave me a website, which did look the official website, to put in a coupon code to receive the cosmetics. When I checked my email for the code, I didn't realize it actually was my Microsoft account single-use login code that they had requested in order to trick me into giving them access to my account. I put in the code to the website thinking it was the coupon code, and they gained access to my Microsoft account, after which they changed all of the security info. My Minecraft account has so much sentimental value to it, and it hurts a lot to lose it. I know I'm really stupid for falling for this type of thing. Unfortunately, as a former content creator for Minecraft, this type giveaway thing has happened to me before a few times and it was legit. I had a naive level of general trust in the online communities I'm in.

I later contacted Microsoft tech support and described my issue to them. They gave me this form to fill out where I tell them a bunch of personal information to prove the account belongs to me. A few days later, I received an email saying this:

"Account security is a top priority at Microsoft, and we have a team dedicated to investigating and validating fraudulent activity. The account and billing activity associated with your Microsoft account was thoroughly reviewed by our fraud team, and I can confirm there was unauthorized access to your account. Unfortunately, during the investigation process, we found that your security information has been changed.

Unfortunately, when security features are updated on an account, we are unable to assist with an account recovery as these types of updates and/or removal are completely out of control of customer service. We are unable to make any changes to the security information on the account due to security protocols set up and the acceptance of the Microsoft Services Agreement when the account was created.

The only option we have is to permanently suspend this account to prevent any further use. At this time, I have successfully suspended this account, and this will remain on indefinitely.

Thank you for your understanding and patience during the investigation of your account."

This is honestly really heartbreaking, especially considering the sentimental value I have on that account. My account is hacked, I prove it belongs to me, and Microsoft just decides to suspend the account? I have years and years of undeniable proof that the account belongs to me. I have videos in which I use the Minecraft account attached to it which are posted on various social media platforms.

If anyone knows what I could do about this situation, please let me know. Thank you so much for any advice.

:)

vacpot, Feb 27, 2023
  2. alexander micallef1 Win User

my minecraft account got hacked and the email registered to it doesn't exist anymore when trying to log in

i found the account that hacked me, using xbox, problem is that i still can't use my main account to log into minecraft and i need to somehow change it from this hackers account to my account.
  3. khizar hasan1 Win User

Minecraft account

Yes I changed it multiple times but the hacker changed the verification email my Microsoft account has been recovered but the Xbox account where we have to login to play games like forza or minecraft has been hacked
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

How to recover a migrated minecraft account

Yes, unfortunately that’s the case
    If maybe the hacked account was a Microsoft account, you could try to recover it

But as the hacker stole your Minecraft and then they migrated the account to a new Microsoft account
    There is no way to know (from Microsoft side) which was the account used to migrate this Minecraft account
    They only have the tools to work with Microsoft accounts
  5. vacpot Win User

My Minecraft account is attached to my Microsoft account and it was hacked. The hackers changed all of the security info

I know I'm not getting the account back, but surely there must be a way to just transfer the data to my new Microsoft account right? The account itself is not what matters, it's the data (which includes the account I've had for a decade). Is it possible to get that data transferred to my new account?
  6. Rostom L Win User

My Minecraft account is attached to my Microsoft account and it was hacked. The hackers changed all of the security info

Hi vacpot. I am sorry to know about the situation. I totally understand how you feel about this. I would feel the same way too if I were on your situation. Based from the response of the Microsoft support team they can no longer do much about the situation because your account's security information has been changed. The most important part of our account is the account security information because it is the only key and only proof to verify the account ownership of our accounts. Microsoft really is taking our account security very seriously because even them are restricted to get into our accounts sensitive information to protect us. It's like they're only giving us the tools and system to protect our accounts.

To prevent this from happening again, make sure to check the article below for more tips in securing your account.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...
Thema:

1. My Minecraft account is attached to my Microsoft account and it was hacked. The hackers... - Similar Threads - Minecraft account attached

2. Help I bought Minecraft Java on 5/31/2021 WITH a Microsoft account but it says I have to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Help I bought Minecraft Java on 5/31/2021 WITH a Microsoft account but it says I have to...: Now I don't know if I can still retrieve that account but respond if you have some answers. 7325936b-404b-4154-950a-cedcc8da6c36
  3. Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...

in XBoX on Windows
    Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...: So a few years back in the Village and Pillage update, I created a Microsoft account to link to my PS4 Minecraft account, the problem is that it signed me out automatically a year later; and ever...
  4. how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?

in XBoX on Windows
    how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?: So apparently there are "last call" thing for we to migrate our mojang account to microsoft account but, unfortunately my old account doesn't migrated for the exact time that says, so i just...
  5. Minecraft multiplayer on my account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Minecraft multiplayer on my account: Hi there, I would REALLY appreciate some help resolving this, my sons are getting very frustrated with my complete lack of knowledge in this area! Baysically, they have different computers, one...
  6. Blank window when trying to log in minecraft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Blank window when trying to log in minecraft account: Microsoft is trying to mess with me again. I was asked to log into my account when trying to open the launcher. When i click "Microsoft Login" two blank windows open, one with the xbox logo on it....
  7. I cannot access my Minecraft account since the email it is attached to has an issue.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot access my Minecraft account since the email it is attached to has an issue.: I cannot access my Minecraft account since the email it is attached to has an issue. My father originally bought Minecraft for me back in 2015 and it has been on his email *** Die E-Mail-Adresse...
  8. I don't know this email attached to my minecraft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I don't know this email attached to my minecraft account: Hello, I was trying to log into my Minecraft account, but it said I was accessing sensitive info. but it's my account, I've been trying to secure my account back after I've been hacked. I cannot...
  9. Minecraft no longer attached to Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft no longer attached to Microsoft account: I bought Minecraft in its early days, though ever since they started to switch the accounts I've had issues logging in. I migrated the Mojang account to my Microsoft one, both operating on the...
  10. Lost Minecraft after forced to attach xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost Minecraft after forced to attach xbox account: So I basically tried to play Minecraft, same account same email i always have. But now I apparently just do not own minecraft anymore. says "buy now" and everything. If i lose minecraft for no...