My Microsoft (Xbox) account (not this one) has been hacked, the password and associated...

Discus and support My Microsoft (Xbox) account (not this one) has been hacked, the password and associated... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My Microsoft (Xbox) account (not this one) has been hacked and the password and associated email changed, effectively locking me out of my account. How... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by JaamesSchlieger, Apr 14, 2022.

1. My Microsoft (Xbox) account (not this one) has been hacked, the password and associated...

My Microsoft (Xbox) account (not this one) has been hacked and the password and associated email changed, effectively locking me out of my account. How do I go about getting it back and/or (at least) refunded?

I have contacted support twice now but to no avail. My first time contacting support was on February 20. My second time was on March 6. Because my email address is no longer associated with my Microsoft account, I initially believed that I would be unable to change the password and regain access to my account. But on April 11, the thought occurred to me to use the email address provided to me in the notification email I had received about my email address being changed. So I changed the password, but I remain locked out of my account because it has since been banned from Microsoft's services.

I would like to know how to go about either getting my account back or canceling my subscription to Game Pass and/or (at the very least) refunding the now two months (and counting!) of services I have paid for (March and April) but have been restricted from using. I am also locked out of other games that I have paid for and are linked to this account, further increasing the amount of money lost by this ordeal.

In conclusion, this problem has persisted for nearly three months now and it feels as if the people whose service I pay for are dragging their feet on an issue that is costing me money while they profit from my loss. I expect more from a multi-trillion-dollar company with over 180,000 employees. I would like to recommend to those in charge (though the chances of anyone fitting that criteria seeing this are probably slim) that they invest more time, money, and energy into their customer service department because it is absolutely horrendous.

An afterword: I must confess, this is a rather inventive (though simultaneously outright immoral) business practice. It is no wonder that Microsoft is worth as much as it is.

TL;DR (God, I hope you actually read it, though it would only further my point if you didn't)

Account hacked.

Password changed.

Email changed.

No access.

Got access.

I'm blocked.

Losing money.

Want account back.

Want money back.

Getting frustrated.

Please help.

Also, invest in your customer service department.

It sucks.

:)

JaamesSchlieger, Apr 14, 2022
  2. ApsidalBog1860 Win User

My account has been hacked

My son's account has been hacked too. I'm getting the run around from Microsoft. They help me reset the password only to find out that the hacker has changed my email contact and the phone number associated with the account. I've tried doing the option where
    u don't have access to any of these, and it says that I'm not allowed to do that at this time.
  3. alexburns Win User

MY CONSOLE HAS BEEN HACKED :{::{:{:{.......

[quote user="WhippyMist42343"]

IT WAS JUST THIS MORNING THAT I FOUND THAT I COULDNT SIGN INTO XBOX LIVE AND I WAS PLAYING COD WAW LAST NIGHT AND WHEN I SIGNED IN THIS MORNING I FOUND ALL MY FRIENDS WERE DELETED,MY BIO HAD CHANGED,AND MY AVATAR HAD CHANGED. WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING? IF
    ANYONE'S PROFILE HAS BEEN HACKED,DO LET ME KNOW.

[/quote]

If you believe your console has been hacked you should really get in touch with Microsoft so that they can investigate. Also change the passwords on your account associated with live, make it a difficult password as well to help with preventing you being hacked
    in the future.
  4. BenRowePC Win User

cannot access the xbox live i am paying for, for over 6 months now

sorry i forgot to mention that my email is the one associated with my gamertag, but my dads account is the parental one. it hasnt been removed i just cannot acess his emails to prove im not trying to hack it, but i can get on the microsoft account with the
    email adress and password, but when i do all it says is that i need to provide a code which they send to my dads email address, the one i cannot access
  5. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Microsoft account hacked.

6. AdamGoss69 Win User

Account hacked ?

Another account has been hacked and I can't change my password this one I made is so I can ask for help
Thema:

My Microsoft (Xbox) account (not this one) has been hacked, the password and associated...

1. My Microsoft (Xbox) account (not this one) has been hacked, the password and associated... - Similar Threads - Microsoft account has

2. Microsoft has taken money from my bank account without my authorisation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft has taken money from my bank account without my authorisation: Hi, I have recently noticed a lot of transactions that have been taken from my bank account through something called ‘Ultimate 1 M (via Microsoft)’. When I googled it I realised it was some type...
  3. My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...: I lost my account quite some time ago, and tried to make use of the form, since that day i think i must have filled in the form over 40 times. Everytime it came back with the reply you dont have...
  4. My microsoft account has been hacked is there anyway I can get it back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account has been hacked is there anyway I can get it back?: Hi, I created a new account just for this as the person who hacked me changed all my information. Starting today I received multiple emails saying that there was unusual sign-in activity going on...
  5. My microsoft rewards account has been "temporarily" suspended for using a bot for bing...

in XBoX on Windows
    My microsoft rewards account has been "temporarily" suspended for using a bot for bing...: Will my account ever be given back? I've already removed the bot and i've been doing legitmate searches from time to time 22955da2-f87b-4830-8a65-d5fe28bfcaab
  6. My Microsoft account has been locked over for 10 months now.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft account has been locked over for 10 months now.: So, near the end of February 2023 my account was hacked, but luckily I recovered it. While I was trying to change the information back to before it was hacked Microsoft locked my account for...
  7. My Microsoft account was compromised and now my gamer tag has changed, how can I get back...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft account was compromised and now my gamer tag has changed, how can I get back...: My gamer tag has changed and don't know when, but I'm assuming recently when my Microsoft account was compromised. I've had that gamer tag ever since I first made my account when the Xbox first...
  8. My Microsoft account has been hacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft account has been hacked: I need to talk to microsoft them selfs not a robot a human because I already sent them a msg the robot told me that they sent it up to higher ranked people to review it and it has been like 6 to 7...
  9. Microsoft has created two accounts to the same email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft has created two accounts to the same email address: Hello I have an Xbox account (cuppasup3) linked to my microsoft account but when I sign in through that email it has created a completely separate account with a separate Xbox account to which it...
  10. My Microsoft account has been hacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft account has been hacked: My microsoft has been hacked and i cant login now.The hacked changed everything in this account,i dont know how to do. 1816fc14-5b80-47c0-be12-41402315e1bd