My Microsoft Account keeps being locked every day and it asks me for my phone number.

Discus and support My Microsoft Account keeps being locked every day and it asks me for my phone number. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I am facing an issue with my Microsoft account since the first day of the creation of my Microsoft account. Every day, my Microsoft account... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by KhanMüller, Aug 1, 2020.

1. KhanMüller
    KhanMüller Guest

My Microsoft Account keeps being locked every day and it asks me for my phone number.

Hello,

I am facing an issue with my Microsoft account since the first day of the creation of my Microsoft account. Every day, my Microsoft account keeps getting locked, saying I violated the ToS. I checked their ToS and I didn't violate any of those, and I am able
    to get back to my account by receiving an SMS on my phone. However, this keeps going on since the first day and sometimes I am not even able to unlock my account, because I have used my phone number too much for the day, which means my phone number is
    banned for 24 hours.

Here's what I tried already:

1) I have tried contacting the MS support in my area twice without success, they just told me if I change my password, I should be able to regain access to my account.
    Didn't work.

2) I have contacted the Microsoft support on Reddit, but they told me to get a new phone number instead to unlock my account. I am not willing to pay for a third phone number, only to unlock my account.

Is there any way this could finally stop? I assume it could be my IP address that changes every now and then, but it still stays in the same location. I don't use a VPN, I added
    2FA, my phone numbers to my security info, an
    email alias
    , and it still keeps happening.

Please help me, I don't want to suffer through this all alone. I just want to play XBOX games, nothing more.

:)

KhanMüller, Aug 1, 2020
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Khan,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you have a issue with your profile. Unfortunately, you will need to contact support. We are unable to see what the issue is. The profile itself may need to be looked into further.

When you go to Contact Us,follow these steps to request a call from support:

• Step 1 ----click on Contact us
    • Step 2 ----under what you having trouble with select Subscriptions & billing
    • Step 3-----under what is the issue I can't redeem a code then hit next

Step 4 ----scroll down to select request a call

Once they call explain the issue and they will be able to help you. Note that these options regularly change so just keep selecting something that gives request a call from support as a contact option.

Hope this helps.

Brad
  3. PrecisionActual Win User

Microsoft account issues

Hello,

I've been having an issue with my microsoft account. Every day in the past month, my account has been getting locked every single day for no reason at all. It keeps saying they have detected abuse on my account, but i go to my recent activity and there is
    nothing wrong with it. And i just repeat the process every day and it's very stressful. I just want to kbow how to fix the issue. Also, you guys need to to fix the "usage limit exceeded. try again tomorrow" thing, cause tried the bext day and it still says
    it and then i try again the next day and it still say it. So all tjat I'm saying is i need help to stop my account from being locked. Can a person disable locking their account, cause yall need a feature to stop peoples account from being locked.

Have a good day.
    Hey, Braxton,

Sounds like a frustrating issue. Please try this Microsoft guided walk-through to help you with your locked account:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13956/microsoft-account-locked

After this, you will be prompted to sign into your account at:

https://account.microsoft.com/

At which point you will be prompted to enter your phone number to receive a secure text code. This should help you unlock it, as Salmoro pointed out nicely.

After doing this, I recommend contacting Xbox to figure out why this issue may be happening:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contact/virtual-agent/?flowId=smc-gwt-f&userInput=talk%20to%20an%20agent&partnerId=smc

Best of luck and hope this helps!
  4. EndlerPlayz Win User

My Account is Locked (From Microsoft Services) and I Can't Recover It!

I ain't locked from my account, but I am locked from Microsoft Services. I have to input a phone number and verify my account to unlock it, but when I try to unlock it a while later, it is locked again and I have to verify using a phone number again. (Basically
    I am in an infinite, and annoying loop...)
  5. lbryanlopez Win User

Info transfer details

i tried to change my phone number because its been a year that I've had a new one and when i tried to change it i got asked for a pin that was going to be sent to my old phone number but i got a option to send a security email to my second email but when i put my information on the email to try and change my number i was told that my information was going to be transferred and i could do anything with my account. I called support and asked for help but i was just told that my account will be locked after 30 days which I don't want. All I wanted to do was change my old phone number to my new one.
  6. Dark Jaguar Win User

Please stop pretending that asking me for phone numbers makes my account more secure.

I agree, all this does is create more points of VULNERABILITY, making it MORE likely for my account to be hacked.

Look, I'm not going to maintain a second e-mail account. That's a tricky business that means another password, and another point of failure. I'm not handing out my phone number. If my phone is stolen and companies like you are using my phone number for
    confirmation, there goes all that security.

And if you keep asking me to sign up a phone number and e-mail address EVERY TIME I log into Live, some unscrupulous house guest may just assign THEIR number or e-mail to my account, and then I'm screwed.

This whole affair is a joke. Just let us use a key generator as our "second means of security". A second "method of contact" just makes me MORE likely to be hacked, not safer at all.

And no, I'm not just going to lose access to my "main" e-mail. I'm not an idiot. Let me opt out without making me tell you "no" every damn time.
Thema:

1. My Microsoft Account keeps being locked every day and it asks me for my phone number. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account keeps

2. Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?: If I leave the game inactive overnight, I wake up with an email saying 'We think that someone might have accessed the Microsoft account ****." And now my password needs to be reset. Well, I've...
  3. How to keep Microsoft account secured?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to keep Microsoft account secured?: Recently, my Microsoft account got hacked by someone but I am not sure how they hacked my account and who they are. I changed my password already but it seems they still have access to my account....
  4. Microsofts Account Recovery Process is not keeping up with the times.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsofts Account Recovery Process is not keeping up with the times.: Recently my son was phish through discord and had his Microsoft Account immediately hijacked. Although he had two step verification on, he did not have additional MFA protection, however I don't...
  5. I have £ 40 in my Microsoft account it won't lete use it to purchase a game it keeps...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have £ 40 in my Microsoft account it won't lete use it to purchase a game it keeps...: I have £40 in my Microsoft account. I want to purchase a game but it keeps wanted to take it out of my card. I do not owe Microsoft any money. I have a full account. No problems ever paying What's...
  6. Microsoft account page keeps refreshing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account page keeps refreshing: I am trying to cancel my xbox game pass subscription from the website and for multiple days now the page keeps constantly refreshing and therefore i cant cancel my subscription. I have tried...
  7. I keep getting emails about purchases I made on Fortnite with my Microsoft account even if...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I keep getting emails about purchases I made on Fortnite with my Microsoft account even if...: For 3 months now, I get emails about purchases I made on Fortnite on my email, when I go to Microsoft to check transactions, nothing. Epic Games doesn't have an account my email so whats up? I...
  8. Switch Minecraft keeps forgetting microsoft account users!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Switch Minecraft keeps forgetting microsoft account users!: We have 2 switches and 2 users and 2 microsoft accounts and 2 copies of minecraft. Both users are registered on both switches, however if I change user it forgets the microsoft account details for...
  9. My Microsoft account keeps getting Hacked (Minecraft)

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Microsoft account keeps getting Hacked (Minecraft): So My minecraft account keeps getting hacked i dont seem to see anything changed on my microsoft though which is good. but every single time or once in a while i get hacked by the same guy how can...
  10. my microsoft account web page keeps itself refreshing.

in XBoX Accessibility
    my microsoft account web page keeps itself refreshing.: My microsoft account web page keeps itself refreshing. I can not renew my subscriptions and payment methots. I tried with 3 different computers and 5 different browsers.(private modes included)....