My microphone is connected but it won't detect any audio for the game bar (it works with...

Discus and support My microphone is connected but it won't detect any audio for the game bar (it works with... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've been having this problem for the past few days were I join a party and it says no microphone under my name and I can't speak in party chat. I do... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by joao be good, Dec 27, 2019.

1. joao be good
    joao be good Guest

My microphone is connected but it won't detect any audio for the game bar (it works with...

I've been having this problem for the past few days were I join a party and it says no microphone under my name and I can't speak in party chat. I do use voicemod but I don't see how that could be a problem as it works for both discord and the console
    companion app.

:)

joao be good, Dec 27, 2019
  2. BiohazardBR Win User

Astro headset

I bought a pair of Astro A50's, but they won't connect. I've tried contacting them, but they don't know why it won't work. They suggested contacting xbox, so here I am. The audio works but the microphone won't detect no matter what I do.
    That's weird, the problem it's with the xbox or you have problem on pc too?
  3. Creamifier Win User

My microphone is connected but it won't detect any audio for the game bar (it works with the old companion app and discord)

on the xbox app click on your profile image at the top right then click settings, after that you'll see audio on the left, click audio and make sure your input and output devices are set up.
  4. Coolarj10 Win User

Bug: Microphone doesn't work after disconnecting Windows 10 streaming

Okay, I just discovered an issue:

The Xbox Stereo Headset's microphone does NOT work when connected via a USB hub, even if it's the only device attached to the USB hub. The microphone is detected, but it does not detect any sound in the volume meter.

As soon as I plug my Xbox One controller directly into the Surface Pro 2, the microphone immediately detects sound.
  5. BrianDrake3 Win User

My microphone shows I'm talking in settings but doesn't let me talk in game or on the Xbox game bar

If I go in the Xbox game bar the microphone settings detect my mic and the bar goes up but when I'm in a game or party nobody can hear me
  6. Hoskayra Win User

Game bar won't register mic when overlay isn't active

Hi ethan1222, my name is Oskayra and I will be happy to help you.

Based on the symptoms you describe, it sounds like there is an issue with the way the Xbox Game Bar is configured to use your microphone.

Here are some things you can try to fix the problem:

1. Check that your microphone is properly connected to your PC. Make sure it is connected to a compatible USB or audio port and that it is turned on.

2. Check your microphone settings. Open the Windows Sound Control Panel and make sure your microphone is selected as the default input device.

3. You can also check the microphone sensitivity level to make sure it is set correctly.

4. Check your Xbox Game Bar settings. Open the Game Bar and go to Settings > Group Chat. Make sure the microphone you want to use is selected in the Input selection box.
    If you have tried all of these and the problem persists, you can try the following:

5. Reinstall Xbox Game Bar. To do this, open the Windows Settings menu and go to Apps & Features. Search for "Xbox Game Bar" and click "Uninstall." Once Game Bar has been uninstalled, restart your PC and reinstall it.

6. Update your audio drivers. Outdated audio drivers can cause compatibility issues with the Xbox Game Bar. To update your audio drivers, open Windows Device Manager and search for "sound, video, and game controllers." Right-click your device's audio driver and select "Update Driver."

If you've tried all of these solutions and the issue still persists, you can contact Xbox Support for help.

https://support.xbox.com/

Here are some additional tips that may help you fix the problem:

1. Close all other applications that may be using your microphone. This includes apps like Discord, Skype, and Zoom.
    Try using a different microphone. If you have an external microphone, try connecting it to your PC and see if it works.

2. Try using a different USB port to connect your microphone. Sometimes USB ports can cause compatibility issues with microphones.

I hope this helps you solve the problem. good luck
    Oskayra
Thema:

1. My microphone is connected but it won't detect any audio for the game bar (it works with... - Similar Threads - microphone connected won't

2. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  3. Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke: Microphone plastic casing broke and I have seen an insane amount of people with the same issue. Is microsoft doing anything about this? I tried going through the site for warranty but it says my...
  4. Will xbox ever allow plug and play for usb microphones?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will xbox ever allow plug and play for usb microphones?: i have a usb microphone that i do not use and its just collecting dust. So i thought it would be nice to have an upgrade for a mic so i attempted to plug in the mic and the party was saying it...
  5. How to make microphone better for twitch streams on Xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make microphone better for twitch streams on Xbox.: Since they updated Twitch, the microphone while streaming is terrible on Xbox. Twitch has an automatic noise suppression which causes the microphone sound so god awful (like bees are infesting...
  6. Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update: even tho microsoft employees on this forum is as useful as rubbing a countertop with a dry asf overused napkin, i wanted to see if i could see even a glimmer of help from them, since the most...
  7. How to connect usb microphones let's sing to xbox x series

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to connect usb microphones let's sing to xbox x series: I've bought the game; let's sing 2023 for xbox x series, a complete package with 2 wired usb microphones. How can I connect them to the xbox x series? There is only one usb port in front of the...
  8. Microphone Too Quite On WINDOWS 11 when connecting through 3.5mm jack on Xbox Series X...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone Too Quite On WINDOWS 11 when connecting through 3.5mm jack on Xbox Series X...: The microphone is too Quite when connecting through 3.5mm jack on Xbox Series X controller on WINDOWS 11 . I tried both Wired and with wireless adapter. The others can barley hear me. I tried...
  9. Microphone not working with Xbox Headset connected through jack 3.5mm to the Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working with Xbox Headset connected through jack 3.5mm to the Xbox...: I bought a brand new Xbox Headset with the jack 3.5mm connection, thinking that was possible to plug it into the Xbox Controller paired via bluetooth to my PC. I found out that to use the Xbox...
  10. If I were to live stream on twitch, how can I connect a microphone, so people that are...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I were to live stream on twitch, how can I connect a microphone, so people that are...: What kind of microphone should/can I use? 1ca0dd86-186b-4185-985c-8d4d3623ee95