My microphone doesn't work within game chat

Discus and support My microphone doesn't work within game chat in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have not been able to use my microphone in game chat. Party chat works fine and both of my microphones are new. The only issue is within the game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Marques1084, Mar 12, 2023.

1. Marques1084
    Marques1084 Guest

I have not been able to use my microphone in game chat. Party chat works fine and both of my microphones are new. The only issue is within the game chat my friends cannot hear me but I can hear them including proximity chat. I've tried everything please help!

:)

Marques1084, Mar 12, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Marques1084,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

Based on the description, the issue is happening in your friend's end since it is working perfectly in your end. Let us check how we can help you with this concern.

It is possible that the privacy settings Allow communication with Everyone on your friend's profile is not set. Let your friend check the setting. If your friend's account is a child account, the parent or organizer of the Microsoft family settings app can make the changes. The child account can only see the settings.

To change the settings, here is how: (Note: This should be performed on your friend's end since the issue is only happening to the other end)

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide and select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety > Xbox privacy. Select View details & customize > Communication & multiplayer, and then make the changes.
    • Unmute or unblock the person you’re trying to chat with. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select Parties & chats. Select the party to expand the party roster, choose the person you want to unmute, and select Unmute.
    • Check the party chat volume for each person in your party. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select Parties & chats. Select the party to expand the party roster, choose the person you want to check, and then verify that their volume slider is at a level that you can hear. To change the volume level, move left or right using the D-pad or the left stick to adjust the volume slider.
    • Check that you have joined party chat from within the party window.
    • Check to make sure you’re not in a Discord voice channel. If you are, it’ll say “Discord” and the name of the channel. If you’re in a Discord voice channel, go to the following page for troubleshooting suggestions: How to use Discord with Xbox
    • Check to see if the party member who is unable to be heard has Noise Suppression enabled on their settings. To toggle this on and off:
      1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide and select Parties & chats.
      2. Highlight the party listed and then press the A button > Options.
      3. Turn Noise Suppression on and off.
    You can share this link to your friend: Troubleshoot audio problems in parties on Xbox | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Pokepunch Win User

Windows 10 Xbox One Streaming microphone not detected?

That generic support doesn't really apply here. The problem is with a PC microphone, not an Xbox One microphone. The Xbox App on PC detects the mic and it works if I start a party via the app, but it doesn't work in any capacity on the Xbox One for parties
    or game chat.
  5. Ak1raTetsuO Win User

My microphone doesn't work in game

6. AngelObullets Win User

My microphone doesn't work in game

Hi there

What is the game in question that you have came across this error?.
Thema:

1. My microphone doesn't work within game chat - Similar Threads - microphone doesn't within

2. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  3. Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke: Microphone plastic casing broke and I have seen an insane amount of people with the same issue. Is microsoft doing anything about this? I tried going through the site for warranty but it says my...
  4. Will xbox ever allow plug and play for usb microphones?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will xbox ever allow plug and play for usb microphones?: i have a usb microphone that i do not use and its just collecting dust. So i thought it would be nice to have an upgrade for a mic so i attempted to plug in the mic and the party was saying it...
  5. How to make microphone better for twitch streams on Xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make microphone better for twitch streams on Xbox.: Since they updated Twitch, the microphone while streaming is terrible on Xbox. Twitch has an automatic noise suppression which causes the microphone sound so god awful (like bees are infesting...
  6. Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update: even tho microsoft employees on this forum is as useful as rubbing a countertop with a dry asf overused napkin, i wanted to see if i could see even a glimmer of help from them, since the most...
  7. Microphone doesn't work in cod game chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone doesn't work in cod game chat.: My microphone won't work in call of duty game chat, I've tried using my Astro A20 gen 2, a pair of Razer nari ultimate, and an Astro A10 wired headset connected to a party chat headset adapter....
  8. Game Bar doesn't record microphone unless I mute and unmute it again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Bar doesn't record microphone unless I mute and unmute it again: Hello, Whenever I want to use the Game Bar to record the last 30 seconds of my games, the microphone icon appears unmuted, but actually is muted. I have to press mute and unmute to make it work...
  9. My microphone doesn't want to work when I enable the option on my PC for the Xbox app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My microphone doesn't want to work when I enable the option on my PC for the Xbox app.: Since I presented this problem approximately 2 weeks ago I have tried 5 different headphones with their microphones and the problem seems to have no solution. When I go to the configuration it...
  10. My microphone doesn't seem to work as of recently on my Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    My microphone doesn't seem to work as of recently on my Xbox Series S: I have owned an Xbox Series S since 2022, at first i had no problems with the microphone but sudenly one day it just stopped working, i can listen to everything normally but i can't get my...