My microphone causing clicks and static in xbox discord app

Discus and support My microphone causing clicks and static in xbox discord app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Last week or so running into problem with two of my headsets (astro and turtle beach) are suddenly creating clicks and pops in the discord app for... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BloodzAT, Apr 29, 2023.

1. BloodzAT
    BloodzAT Guest

Last week or so running into problem with two of my headsets (astro and turtle beach) are suddenly creating clicks and pops in the discord app for those listening to me as i speak. I am unable to replicate in xbox party app or on pc.

Tried hard boot, reset, changed input settings, usb in cords and placement and same problem.

Please advise

:)

BloodzAT, Apr 29, 2023
  2. Fatima_J Win User

Hi BloodzAT ,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft community.

Based on the description, you are hvaing an issue on your microphone that causing clicks and static in Xbox discord app. I'm glad you took the time to consider this for us so we can help you figure it out for you.

Before anything else, let me ask you the following questions below so that I fully understand the problem.

1. How long does the issue started?
    2. Did you make any changes to your Xbox app prior to this issue?

Kindly try the steps below that could fix the issue.

[​IMG]

Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response.

Truly Yours,

Fatima

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Fatima_J Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Crear una nueva pregunta o iniciar una discusión (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Fatima J

Microsoft Moderator
  4. skylaar Win User

Xbox chat on PC

I don't know if it is related but I had a similar issue where my microphone was working in Discord for a few seconds then would stop. I ended up going to the Settings --> Privacy --> Microphone and view the apps that are allowed to use the microphone.
    Xbox Game Bar is unchecked by default I think.

Also, if you have another program open that can use the microphone it will possibly override other programs. For example, The Division 2 game will make Discord no longer work if I turn the in game audio on to my main microphone.
  5. GangstaofLOVE74 Win User

Xbox App Party Chat loud Static

Hi,

A corrupted data may cause your Xbox App Party Chat to have a loud static sound. Here are steps on how to uninstall and reinstall Xbox app:

1. Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.

2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.

3. Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage

4. Hit Enter.

Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.

Let us know how it turns out.
    Same issues persist after uninstall/reinstall

If I have discord, and Battle.net open would this be a cause?
  6. Georges C. Win User

Setup microphone with HDMI headset on X|S

In this case to talk to the microphone only if your Microphone has the correct pinout for the control, one solution is also to use the Discord App on the mobile phone to chat with the groups.
Thema:

1. My microphone causing clicks and static in xbox discord app - Similar Threads - microphone causing clicks

2. Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke: Microphone plastic casing broke and I have seen an insane amount of people with the same issue. Is microsoft doing anything about this? I tried going through the site for warranty but it says my...
  3. Will xbox ever allow plug and play for usb microphones?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will xbox ever allow plug and play for usb microphones?: i have a usb microphone that i do not use and its just collecting dust. So i thought it would be nice to have an upgrade for a mic so i attempted to plug in the mic and the party was saying it...
  4. How to make microphone better for twitch streams on Xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make microphone better for twitch streams on Xbox.: Since they updated Twitch, the microphone while streaming is terrible on Xbox. Twitch has an automatic noise suppression which causes the microphone sound so god awful (like bees are infesting...
  5. Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update: even tho microsoft employees on this forum is as useful as rubbing a countertop with a dry asf overused napkin, i wanted to see if i could see even a glimmer of help from them, since the most...
  6. Discord streaming through Xbox microphone issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Discord streaming through Xbox microphone issues: I use a Hypercloud wired stereo headset when I play Xbox. I’ve started streaming my games on Discord through Xbox, but there are issues with my microphone. The people I’m talking to on Discord say...
  7. Microphone no longer works with any headset

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Microphone no longer works with any headset: Has anyone else had this problem...no mic working..checked all settings and nothing was changed from day purchased..now doesn't work 04d0ab47-1906-40b5-9c03-1b1668d31b54
  8. Am I cursed? Microphone not working.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Am I cursed? Microphone not working.: Let me explain my situation. All i want to do is use my microphone on an xbox. I have owned around 4 xboxes the past couple months because ive been flipping them for fun. Every single one i have,...
  9. Xbox Wireless Headset Microphone Casing Damaged

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset Microphone Casing Damaged: I was gifted the Xbox Wireless Headset as a gift for Christmas 2023. Only about a month after the gift, I'm plugging in my headset and feel a piece of plastic in my hand. I look down and a...
  10. Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller is not playing any audio or microphone is not working.: I recently just bought a 2.5mm female to 3.5mm headphone jack so I could listen to audio and talk on my old Xbox 360 using newer headphones. But it doesn't play any sound through it and doesn't...