My mic won’t show up on my xbox

Discus and support My mic won’t show up on my xbox in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; i need help what ever i use my controller or my brother my mic or my brothers mic won’t show up i been worrying about this all day and someone plz help... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by NinjaPres, May 14, 2019.

1. NinjaPres
    NinjaPres Guest

i need help what ever i use my controller or my brother my mic or my brothers mic won’t show up i been worrying about this all day and someone plz help me!

:)

NinjaPres, May 14, 2019
  2. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello Ninja!

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums! I understand that the headset not being detected by your controller can be frustrating but, I will be happy to assist you with the issue. Just to clarify, have you tried to try the headsets on a different device,
    such as a phone or laptop to make sure it's not the headset with the issues? If the headset is working, I would suggest checking out this support article for

Xbox One Chat Headset Troubleshooting
    . If you still have any further questions or concerns please feel free to reply back letting us know. Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums!
  3. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
  4. Alucario Ultra Win User

Method 1: Conduct basic checks on your controller and headset
    Once you find the microphone can’t work on your Xbox One, the first thing you need to do is to do some basic troubleshooting.

1) Check if your headset is properly connected to your controller and your controller to your console. If you are not sure, try reconnecting your headset to your controller (plug the headset connector
    firmly to the port on your controller) and reconnect or resync your controller to your console.

2) Make sure your headset is not muted. Check the mute button on your headset control or the audio settings on your Xbox One. You may also need to adjust the audio settings to increase the microphone
    volume (this can enable your voice to be clearer and louder).

3) Check your devices and cables carefully and see if there is anything wrong you can see from outside. Also, you can test with another headset or controller, or even a different console to verify
    where the problem is located. If you find any hardware issue, you may need to get your controller repaired or replaced.

Method 2: Check your Xbox profile settings
    Your microphone on Xbox One may be muted because your profile settings limit your voice communication. You can check your profile settings and see if the microphone on your account is being controlled.

(If you are using a child account, you should sign in its parent account before you can take the steps below.)

1) Press the Xbox button on your controller.

2) Select Settings and All Settings.

3) Select Account and then Privacy & online safety.

4) Select View details & customize.

5) Select Communicate with voice and text and then select who you want to talk to (usually your friends or everybody).

6) Check to see if you can chat with your friends using the microphone.

Method 3: Restart your Xbox One console completely
    Your Xbox One mic not working problem may result from issues on your Xbox One console. Those issues can be fixed by a complete reboot of your console. You can restart your Xbox One console and see if this can
    resolve your problem.

1) Press the Xbox button on the front of your Xbox One console until it shuts down completely (this will take about 10 seconds).

2) Unplug the power cable from your console and leave it for about 10 seconds. This will reset the power supply of your Xbox One.

3) Plug the power cable to your console. Then press the Xbox button on the front of your console to power it on.

4) Check your mic and see if it works now.

Method 4: Repair or replace your device
    If you have found hardware issues, or the methods above can’t help you, you need to get your devices (your Xbox One headset, console or controller) repaired or replaced. If your devices are still under warranty,
    you can contact Microsoft support or the vendors of your devices and ask them for help.
  5. Paul1708 Win User

Hey

There could be a lot of reasons causing that issue. You will want too troubleshoot the issue. For example

Are you using the stero adapter with the headset or just pluging right into the controller 3.5mm jack? If your using the adapter is possable its faluty

Try the headset on a other controller if it works then its likley the other controller auido port isnt working

Try the headset on a other device such has a PC or phone if the headset to test the headset

Also make sure your controller is updated
    https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/accessories/update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter
  6. FBwZ Win User

Minecraft lost cape

Hey sorry to bother you but I just recently lost my orange creeper cape on Minecraft and I was wondering on why that occurred and it won’t show up in my cape selection slot . I was wondering if you could help me get it back I have had it on a skin and it just won’t show up and equip it so please reach out to my Xbox acount kcgraham **** soon as you can and help me figure out why it won’t show up.

Sincerely, kcgraham
    hi
Thema:

1. My mic won’t show up on my xbox - Similar Threads - mic won’t show

2. My Wired headset(s) mic(s) won’t work with one Xbox Account, but fine with others, and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Wired headset(s) mic(s) won’t work with one Xbox Account, but fine with others, and...: Stumped! I typically use a wireless headset (Astro A50, Steelseries, & others). I have tried three wired headsets (VZR MOdel One, Corsair virtuoso Pro, etc) and I’m getting the same result. I get...
  3. Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players.: Can’t speak to other players through headset. I can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to anyone. Party or online. No one can hear me. Yes, I made sure it wasn’t muted. I even bought a new...
  4. xbox won’t let me use my mic

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    xbox won’t let me use my mic: My wifi went down and back on yesterday and ever since my mic hasn’t worked for my xbox, even though i haven’t changed any of the settings. it automatically muted on ow2 with the message that the...
  5. Stealth 600 headset mic won’t work on xbox series x or xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stealth 600 headset mic won’t work on xbox series x or xbox one: So here is the deal, my brother has an Xbox series x he just got. Prior to this he has this headset and used it with his Xbox one and in cross play situations he can hear everyone but they can’t...
  6. Won’t let me turn mic monitoring down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Won’t let me turn mic monitoring down: Won’t let me turn mic monitoring down 5df4f2b4-15be-4b33-ae50-774431ccc017
  7. My mic won’t work and I can’t hear anybody else talking but I have tried different headsets...

in XBoX on Windows
    My mic won’t work and I can’t hear anybody else talking but I have tried different headsets...: My mic hasn’t worked in game chat or party chat for about a week or two I have tried 3 different headsets and 2 different controllers but it won’t work I checked my settings and they seem to be...
  8. My mic won’t mute

in XBoX Accessibility
    My mic won’t mute: I have a xbox and playstation i just got a new mic and when i plug it into the xbox the mute button does not work but when i plug it in the playstation it works and i just want to mute my mic...
  9. Xbox mic won’t work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox mic won’t work?: My mic suddenly started glitching and wouldmt work sometimes, thought it was a short in the wire. Got two new headsets, still not working. Got a new controller, didnt fix it. Ive gone through...
  10. Mic won’t register my voice on parties

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic won’t register my voice on parties: Hey ya’ll. So, this will mostly be a copy-paste of what I was going to post as “feedback”, before I backed out and decided the forum would be better. Everything was working perfectly fine in...