My mic won’t let me talk in the Xbox party and sound plays through my tv

Discus and support My mic won’t let me talk in the Xbox party and sound plays through my tv in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Bought an xbox today and i feel like ive tried everything the audio is playing through my tv and when i speak in a party no one can hear me but i can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sophie175x, May 6, 2020.

1. Sophie175x
    Sophie175x Guest

Bought an xbox today and i feel like ive tried everything the audio is playing through my tv and when i speak in a party no one can hear me but i can hear them the headphones say they are on and everything is on stereo unconfigured. Does anyone know how
    to help?

:)

Sophie175x, May 6, 2020
  2. BakyOsijekHr Win User

3. DG I NOOB Win User

Go to the audio settings and check which speakers the sound output is configured on.
  4. Sophie175x Win User

Thats not the problem i cant talk but i can hear them fine
  5. SAMWISE200 Win User

Black Ops 2 Kids?

Obviously muting them in game is the best option, as the two above me have said, also if you are not talking to anyone at that time you can go to the options menu on the Xbox Dashboard to make sure there are only sounds coming through the mic and not the
    tv, that way all you have to do is turn off the mic and you will not hear them, this also applies to party chat, if you are talking to someone, or just like wearing the mic, go into a party chat (after changing the settings so the voice only comes through
    the mic) and you should no longer here some of the obnoxious people out there.
  6. SamRough Win User

Communication ban Suspension

I can send messages but it won’t allow me to talk through mic
Thema:

1. My mic won’t let me talk in the Xbox party and sound plays through my tv - Similar Threads - mic won’t let

2. My Wired headset(s) mic(s) won’t work with one Xbox Account, but fine with others, and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Wired headset(s) mic(s) won’t work with one Xbox Account, but fine with others, and...: Stumped! I typically use a wireless headset (Astro A50, Steelseries, & others). I have tried three wired headsets (VZR MOdel One, Corsair virtuoso Pro, etc) and I’m getting the same result. I get...
  3. Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my mic work? Can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to other players.: Can’t speak to other players through headset. I can hear game audio but it won’t let me talk to anyone. Party or online. No one can hear me. Yes, I made sure it wasn’t muted. I even bought a new...
  4. xbox won’t let me use my mic

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    xbox won’t let me use my mic: My wifi went down and back on yesterday and ever since my mic hasn’t worked for my xbox, even though i haven’t changed any of the settings. it automatically muted on ow2 with the message that the...
  5. Stealth 600 headset mic won’t work on xbox series x or xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stealth 600 headset mic won’t work on xbox series x or xbox one: So here is the deal, my brother has an Xbox series x he just got. Prior to this he has this headset and used it with his Xbox one and in cross play situations he can hear everyone but they can’t...
  6. Won’t let me turn mic monitoring down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Won’t let me turn mic monitoring down: Won’t let me turn mic monitoring down 5df4f2b4-15be-4b33-ae50-774431ccc017
  7. My mic won’t work and I can’t hear anybody else talking but I have tried different headsets...

in XBoX on Windows
    My mic won’t work and I can’t hear anybody else talking but I have tried different headsets...: My mic hasn’t worked in game chat or party chat for about a week or two I have tried 3 different headsets and 2 different controllers but it won’t work I checked my settings and they seem to be...
  8. My mic won’t mute

in XBoX Accessibility
    My mic won’t mute: I have a xbox and playstation i just got a new mic and when i plug it into the xbox the mute button does not work but when i plug it in the playstation it works and i just want to mute my mic...
  9. Xbox mic won’t work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox mic won’t work?: My mic suddenly started glitching and wouldmt work sometimes, thought it was a short in the wire. Got two new headsets, still not working. Got a new controller, didnt fix it. Ive gone through...
  10. Mic won’t register my voice on parties

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic won’t register my voice on parties: Hey ya’ll. So, this will mostly be a copy-paste of what I was going to post as “feedback”, before I backed out and decided the forum would be better. Everything was working perfectly fine in...