My mic has stopped working

Discus and support My mic has stopped working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My mic has stopped working overnight. It no longer works for anything - parties, in-game or even voice messages. I've checked my NAT, privacy settings,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WellyRed, May 25, 2022.

1. WellyRed
    WellyRed Guest

My mic has stopped working overnight. It no longer works for anything - parties, in-game or even voice messages. I've checked my NAT, privacy settings, power cycled the Xbox (Series X), and have tried out other headsets and controllers but no luck.

Has anybody experienced the same?

:)

WellyRed, May 25, 2022
  2. WellyRed Win User

Seems pretty drastic!

What are your confidence levels that this will fix it?
  3. Francia J. Win User

4. WellyRed Win User

Looks fine - it shows I have a perfect record and rated as a 'Good player'
  5. WellyRed Win User

Whilst playing Halo Infinite I've noticed that there's a muted icon next to my player even when the headset is attached. Maybe this has something to do with it 🤔
  6. WellyRed Win User

No luck with the mobile hotspot either! The NAT did change to moderate, and even after a restart it still didn't work in either a party or message.

Is there a chance that I've been able to somehow mute myself?
Thema:

1. My mic has stopped working - Similar Threads - mic has stopped

2. The mic of my Starfield Wireless Headphones has poor quality on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    The mic of my Starfield Wireless Headphones has poor quality on PC: I've seen in the reviews that the headphones are great quality on sound and mic, in my case the audio it's awesome but the mic it's not good, is this a general problem or just me?...
  3. My mic has be sounding like a little kid and its hard for others to understand what im saying

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My mic has be sounding like a little kid and its hard for others to understand what im saying: My mic was perfect until now where it had me sounding like a little kid and its hard for others from the other end to understand what im saying 19bb26cb-3cf6-4481-be6d-865120dd38c8
  4. how do I fix my Xbox that has black screen but i can still hear through my mic

in XBoX on Windows
    how do I fix my Xbox that has black screen but i can still hear through my mic: how do I fix my Xbox that has black screen but i can still hear through my mic? 606ad708-cd7d-4df9-b375-27b157a8499b
  5. My mic was working perfectly then all I can hear is party chat. Why . Play station has way...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My mic was working perfectly then all I can hear is party chat. Why . Play station has way...: Was playing mw2 with my friend in an xbox party then it all goes silent and I can only hear the party chat I have an xbox brand controller 6ff34934-357e-4427-a9f8-b91b257e245d
  6. My mic was working perfectly then all I can hear is party chat. Why . Play station has way...

in XBoX on Windows
    My mic was working perfectly then all I can hear is party chat. Why . Play station has way...: Was playing mw2 with my friend in an xbox party then it all goes silent and I can only hear the party chat I have an xbox brand controller 6ff34934-357e-4427-a9f8-b91b257e245d
  7. Xbox series X Discord integration has mic white noise

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X Discord integration has mic white noise: When I join a discord channel via Xbox series x, or transfer one to Xbox, whenever I speak, there’s white noise. My friends say it’s really annoying. I have a good headset, wired SteelSeries...
  8. My Xbox Game Bar mic has choppy audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Game Bar mic has choppy audio: So Im on PC using Xbox Game Bar and out of nowhere my Mic is really choppy and its only Xbox Game Bar My mic is fine on Discord to explain more When talking to people my mic is choppy for them but...
  9. Xbox Mic has no sound in any games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Mic has no sound in any games: I have two Xbox controllers, three stereo headset jacks and 4 microphones. I have updated the firmware on both Xbox controllers. I have tested all the microphones on my PS4 and they all work just...
  10. My mic has a static sound in the background and sometimes just plays constant static

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic has a static sound in the background and sometimes just plays constant static: As title says Since yesterday, my mic has become impossible to use for the sake of friends in a party. As long as I'm speaking there is a full volume static noise behind my voice, and several...