My Macbook doesn’t recognize my Xbox Wireless Controller as an usb device

Discus and support My Macbook doesn’t recognize my Xbox Wireless Controller as an usb device in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have parallels Windows as a second OS, and i can access it pretty well, however, it cannot recognize my controller using bluetooth nor by an usb... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Andriy Futorskiy, Apr 17, 2022.

1. My Macbook doesn’t recognize my Xbox Wireless Controller as an usb device

I have parallels Windows as a second OS, and i can access it pretty well, however, it cannot recognize my controller using bluetooth nor by an usb adapter whatsoever, and when i did a research, i found out that the main problem was, my mac didn’t show my controller in any of ports available at all, therefore i couldn’t use it in windows, However, i can connect the device via bluetooth. Then, when i looked for solutions, i found one, where i would need to download drivers, but i haven’t found any so far. So, my question: where can i download a driver or what other solutions should i are there?

:)

Andriy Futorskiy, Apr 17, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Andriy! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Currently there's not a official driver by Xbox to use the controller on Apple devices, officially the only way to connect the controller is trough Bluetooth, you can see more information about that here

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

On the web exist some unofficial drivers that you can find but this are not recommended by Xbox as it's not official content from Xbox and could damage your device
  3. Francis Hayle Win User

Hi, try connecting the controller with a usb to usb type c cable
  4. Andriy Futorskiy Win User

Hello, i listed before that i already have tried connecting controller through usb-a to usb-c adapter, and this didn’t work.
  5. 治星野 Win User

Xbox One controller is not working

My computer running Windows 10 doesn’t recognize Xbox One controller. I plugged in an Xbox controller to the USB slot but I saw it vibrating, the lights flashing but it didn’t work. I did some troubleshooting such as running
    the device troubleshooter, trying to use another USB slot. I also cannot see the controller in the device manager.

It is 1697 model.
  6. 명균안 Win User

XBOX One 무선 컨트롤러 PC 인식 오류 -[Translation - XBOX One wireless controller PC recognition error]

I connected the XBOX ONE wireless controller to my Windows 10 laptop via USB connection, but it is not recognized.

It vibrates when connected, and when you press the X button on the center of the pad, the button lights up, but it is not recognized.

When I went into Device Manager,

Unknown USB device (request device descriptor failed)

in one's character

'The device has stopped because this device has reported a problem. (Code 43)

Request to USB device descriptor failed.'

It says.

+ Drivers are up to date with the latest updates.

How can I use the pad on my PC?
Thema:

1. My Macbook doesn’t recognize my Xbox Wireless Controller as an usb device - Similar Threads - Macbook doesn’t recognize

2. Gaming Monitor for Xbox series X/Macbook pro

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gaming Monitor for Xbox series X/Macbook pro: Hello all I’m In the market for a gaming monitor that’s 4k, at least 120hz(144hz is what I see as closest) and maybe supports HDR10 accurately? I’ve gone thru a bunch of reviews and I've narrowed...
  3. My minecraft account was hacked (I play on PC, Macbook) and lost. Can I retrieve it back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft account was hacked (I play on PC, Macbook) and lost. Can I retrieve it back?: Dear Sir/Madam, My minecraft account was hacked last weekend. I play it on my Macbook. When I tried to login, it said that the microsoft account was no longer there, thus I remade it with the...
  4. Can I connect my Xbox series s to my MacBook Air m1 for me to play through the MacBook’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I connect my Xbox series s to my MacBook Air m1 for me to play through the MacBook’s...: Can I connect my Xbox series s to my MacBook Air m1 for me to play through the MacBook’s display? I don’t have another display at the moment. 157d0009-d640-4fd5-a28f-1fff2675ffae
  5. I just bought my Xbox elite series 2 core today and it will not connect to my MacBook Pro...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought my Xbox elite series 2 core today and it will not connect to my MacBook Pro...: Any ideas on how to connect the controller i had normal controllers that connected in the past but this one will not connect when I try to connect it it says connection rejected I tried multiple...
  6. Does anyone know how to make a controller get detected on a MacBook for cloud gaming?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know how to make a controller get detected on a MacBook for cloud gaming?: my controller is connected to my MacBook with Bluetooth but when I try playing through cloud gaming my controller does not get detected 10062009-7b09-4c01-8634-7b72bfa48dbf
  7. is there a way to transfer a game save file from a macbook to a xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    is there a way to transfer a game save file from a macbook to a xbox: i have a game save file from borderlands 2 and i was wondering if i could transfer the game save file from my mac to the xbox fbcfa58d-1b09-4e9a-af8d-d3dd7760079d
  8. Xbox & Macbook Audio Project / Question.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox & Macbook Audio Project / Question.: I’m asking these questions for a reason. Buying an Xbox headset isn’t a solution, I have a really good one. I have two Xbox (Series X) audio questions/scenarios I’m trying to create. One...
  9. Xbox cloud gaming cross-console chat problems Macbook to Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox cloud gaming cross-console chat problems Macbook to Xbox One: I'm playing Fortnite on a MacBook air via xbox cloud gaming. The people in my party are using a console and I can't hear them. When the game starts, I get an error message from Fortnite saying my...
  10. How to connect xbox series s to MacBook Air M1

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to connect xbox series s to MacBook Air M1: How to connect xbox series s to MacBook Air M1 51ff7b3f-1996-4dfe-8b2a-fa3fe80e7d1f