My Looking for Group isn't working

Discus and support My Looking for Group isn't working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever im trying to play Sea of thieves I use looking for group to find a group to play with for my session. It worked earlier today, but when I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Bball_262, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Bball_262
    Bball_262 Guest

Whenever im trying to play Sea of thieves I use looking for group to find a group to play with for my session. It worked earlier today, but when I tried a couple hours later it said "Your Privacy settings prevent you from using Looking for Group" I use PC and hadn't changed anything, so can you please respond with some possible fixes or maybe why this has happened, as it only started happening now. Also I can't show a screenshot because I use the Xbox game bar which is an overlay and doesn't work with apps.

:)

Bball_262, Jun 3, 2023
  2. ItzWolfy97 Win User

My looking for group isn't working

I've tried any suggestion and solution and it's still the same as in the previous screenshot. I even tried it with other games to see if the game was the issue
  3. Kathy A. Win User

My looking for group isn't working

Hello ItzWolfy97,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We know you are seeking friends to play with for Overwatch game and is unable to because you are getting an error message posting on looking for group. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

This error message usually occurs when the app you are using is outdated or else your account needs to be enabled to join/create club. Otherwise, let us investigate that and we would like to isolate the issue by asking for questions. Please answer the questions below:

1. Are you using the Xbox Game Bar?
    2. Can we ask if you can provide us a screenshot of the issue? Please conceal your gamertag, email account or full name for the screenshot.
    3. Are you part of Microsoft Family? If yes, you may want to ask your parents/guardian or the organizer of the Microsoft Family in checking your Xbox account settings to enable you to make friends or create/join clubs - https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Settings.

Things to enable in account settings can be found on this support article - How to use Looking for Group | Xbox Support

Know more details here: Use Xbox Game Bar to play and chat with friends | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Bball_262 Win User

Yeah pretty sure its not their fault, game bugs don't affect overlay bugs! And the two aren't linked like that.
  5. Kimmy_24 Win User

You can also check your previous gamertag, you could be sign in to a different email which could be the reason behind the error. Try to press the Start button > Settings > Accounts , then find the Microsoft account you used to sign in to the Xbox app and select Remove. Then go back to the Xbox app and sign in with the Microsoft account you just removed.
  6. Kimmy_24 Win User

Do you only experience this issue when playing sea of thieves?
Thema:

1. My Looking for Group isn't working - Similar Threads - Looking Group isn't

2. Looking for group issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Looking for group issue: Hi, there is currently a exploit in the report system of where you report any looking for group post for "spam or advertising" it would result in 75% of the time the poster of the looking for...
  3. looking for group not working -pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    looking for group not working -pc: iam on pc and my xbox game bar looking for group tab is not working it says "launch a game" when i allready have a game on 1aa5cb1e-d1fc-4926-9464-53940cd24207
  4. There a problem posting your looking for Group

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    There a problem posting your looking for Group: i been facing this since a year pls help me fix this problem this problem is accuring since i got banned for 4 days c684ffb7-2aab-44c2-8e8a-388700db978a
  5. Why can't I create a looking for group post?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I create a looking for group post?: I have tried every youtube fix I could find, but none of them worked. I try to make an LFG post, but it says the same "unable to create Looking For Griup post" junk every time. It does the same...
  6. Looking for groups needs to be fixed

in XboX Insiders
    Looking for groups needs to be fixed: Looking for groups is being abused by bots that are advertising scams by using the Xbox app. This needs to be fixed and people are getting scammed every day. I do report the posts but I can't...
  7. How to fix "There was a problem posting you looking for group" and "Unable to send join...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix "There was a problem posting you looking for group" and "Unable to send join...: So, I've been trying for a while to post a looking for group, and it does not work, so I wanted to join other posts, and it also does not work. I have read other rensponses to this question but...
  8. I cant apply to or make any looking for group posts ive tried checking my wifi updating my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cant apply to or make any looking for group posts ive tried checking my wifi updating my...: Ive tried everything i can think of even looking at other posts on here and i dont know. This has been going on for a couple months now so i dont think it has anything to do with moderation....
  9. PC Gamebar Looking For Group not showing all my games.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    PC Gamebar Looking For Group not showing all my games.: I got the new Forza Motorsport recently and the LFG doesn't show the game as an option. I don't see an option to search for games or add games, there is only a list of seemingly random games, some...
  10. My looking for group isn't working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My looking for group isn't working: Hiya, I am on windows 11 and my looking for group isn't working. It's saying "There was a problem posting your looking for group". I was trying to create a post for Overwatch. How do I resolve...