My LG UF840V is correctly set up as 4K UHD in the one X (no HDR)but the games are displayed at ...

Discus and support My LG UF840V is correctly set up as 4K UHD in the one X (no HDR)but the games are displayed at ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [img] I guess the problem why the console is set up at 4K but the games are not displayed at 4K is because the panel of my tv is 8-bit depth color and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DavidGober, Nov 8, 2017.

1. DavidGober
    DavidGober Guest

My LG UF840V is correctly set up as 4K UHD in the one X (no HDR)but the games are displayed at ...

My LG UF840V is correctly set up as 4K UHD in the one X (no HDR)but the games are displayed at ... [​IMG]

I guess the problem why the console is set up at 4K but the games are not displayed at 4K is because the panel of my tv is 8-bit depth color and in the requirements it says 10 bits, because I cannot see any other problem for example I watch netflix in 4k
    even with HDR.

I can be certain because in gears of war 4 for example besides the lack of detail I don´t even have the option to choose between the two graphic options 4k/60fps.

If this is true that is the 10-bit problem more than half of 4K tv owners won´t be able to use 4K gaming, that doesn´t make any asense.

I attached the screensoot from the oficial page.

thank you in advance.

David

:)

DavidGober, Nov 8, 2017
  2. COTY26
    COTY26 Guest
    4k Blu ray playback

My tv is 4k but does not support hdr. However my one x still displays games and everything at 4k, but when I play a UHD blu ray it will only playback at 1080p. What am I missing? I hope the Xs blu ray app is smart enough to play at 4k with hdr disabled.

COTY26, Nov 8, 2017
  3. Latest update messed up black levels for UHD playback

I have the exact same issue on my One X. Tried the Star Trek and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (Both UHD discs with HDR). Games in HDR (Forza 7) look amazing but UHD movies look awful now.

Regular blurays look fine. My LG OLED C6 switches to HDR mode and displays info saying that it is receiving a 4K signal with HDR and BT rec.2020 so the signal is correct for HDR, but it seems that the Bluray software in the latest update has been messed
    up so that it doesn't decode or send HDR image data correctly to the TV as it did before.

Admiral Bobbery, Nov 8, 2017
  4. Admiral Bobbery Win User

Latest update messed up black levels for UHD playback

I have the exact same issue on my One X. Tried the Star Trek and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (Both UHD discs with HDR). Games in HDR (Forza 7) look amazing but UHD movies look awful now.

Regular blurays look fine. My LG OLED C6 switches to HDR mode and displays info saying that it is receiving a 4K signal with HDR and BT rec.2020 so the signal is correct for HDR, but it seems that the Bluray software in the latest update has been messed
    up so that it doesn't decode or send HDR image data correctly to the TV as it did before.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

No 4K without HDR (xbox one x)

you need hdr for 4k output

Actually, you don't.

Uhd and hdr are required for 4k output

You need UHD, in the sense that you need the TV to support 3840 x 2160 resolution, but you don't need HDR enabled to reach 4K. UHD 4K is the amount of screen resolution available measured in pixels, HDR is the ability of the TV or monitor to display more
    natural colours.

Note that the Xbox One S can do HDR in games that support such a feature, but regardless of what resolution you set, all games max out at 1080P internally. If the display is 4K, it will remain in 4K, but games will only be upscaled. Only the Xbox One X
    can play Enhanced titles in 4K natively.

You should be able to disable HDR, how you disable it depends entirely on your TV. Disabling HDR via the TV settings should not disable 4K screen resolution. Indeed, some Xbox One games do not support HDR, Fallout 4 on the One X can play in 4K for instance,
    but it does not support (or indeed have an option for) HDR.

On my Sony Bravia Android based TV, I had to go to the main settings and enable HDR functionality. Even then, I had to set the HDR setting to 'Auto' on the HDMI port I have my console connected to. If you have HDR set to 'On' all of the time, non HDR games
    will display the wrong colours, look oversaturated. With 'Auto' enabled, HDR will only operate when it detects an HDR supported game. This may not be a feature of your display however.

What make and model is your TV?
  6. IntenseJames Win User

Can I set up a Xbox One S to all LG LED TVS?

LG HDR PRO UHD 4K is my LED TV 50 inches will the Xbox One S be able to work on this TV?
  7. Internet Expert Win User

HDR dark dull and washed out

I assume you are using an Xbox One S/X, which supports 4K/HDR.

Some 4K TV's only display 4K/HDR through one HDMI port. Is this the case with yours? You can also check your TV settings to make sure 4K(UHD)/HDR/HDMI 2.0 is enabled over the HDMI port. Verify that HDR is enabled in your Xbox display settings (set Color
    depth to 10-bit, ensure HDR is enabled in the advanced settings).

Since the PS4 Pro seems to be getting HDR color over one of your HDMI ports, what happens if you were to swap it with your Xbox? Do you get your HDR colors back?
  8. ngocphi Win User

No 4K without HDR (xbox one x)

you need hdr for 4k output

I don't think you fully understand

Uhd and hdr are required for 4k output

Unless you have an xbox one s not a x

You can't play in 4k

4k is only for.movies or streaming sources which require both uhd and hdr

But.xbox.one x will do 4k gaming
Thema:

1. My LG UF840V is correctly set up as 4K UHD in the one X (no HDR)but the games are displayed at ... - Similar Threads - UF840V correctly set

2. I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...

in XBoX on Windows
    I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...: I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly installed on Xbox went fine then when restarted it came up with a screen to put letters in the app to connect...
  3. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  4. Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly: I was playing Inside and I notice that the upmixer only sends audio to the height channels, center and surround channels are blank with no audio. submitted by /u/jay23738 [link] [comments]
  5. Capture Saving not correctly showing correct folder for recent captures

in XBoX on Windows
    Capture Saving not correctly showing correct folder for recent captures: Last week i wanted to save my captures to my external hard drive. instead of saving them to a specific folder within the harddrive, i had them save to the entire hard drive its self. because of...
  6. profiles and party not working correctly

in XBoX on Windows
    profiles and party not working correctly: When I open anyone’s profile, it doesn’t load and just sits there, so I can’t invite anyone or join off their profile. As for parties, when someone invites me and I join, it shows no profile...
  7. New Xbox Series S won't connect to Wi-Fi after restart with the correct password. It worked...

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox Series S won't connect to Wi-Fi after restart with the correct password. It worked...: I've tried unplugging for a little bit, restarting, and factory reset, but nothing is working. I just got it a month ago brand new. It connects to my hotspot but not my home Wi-Fi....
  8. xbox remote play not working correctly

in XboX Insiders
    xbox remote play not working correctly: when i start my remote play on my pc it will display a drone or rocket ship then turn completely black, ive tried unplugging hdmi and deleting and redownloading the xbox app for windows but still...
  9. I just bought this Xbox elite controller 2, it refuses to sync correctly and it's fully...

in XBoX on Windows
    I just bought this Xbox elite controller 2, it refuses to sync correctly and it's fully...: Seriously. Fresh out of the box and off the charger : it won't stay on. It indicates 100% battery so charging doesn't fix this. We have tried all the stupid troubleshoots for this and nothing...
  10. Can't find solution to make xbox app work correctly

in XboX Insiders
    Can't find solution to make xbox app work correctly: Yesterday after logging in the xbox app i couldn't open any game or menu because all options were greyed out like they were loading. From that point on i've tried everything from reinstalling to...