My left thumbstick is grinding when pushed around the outer axis.

Discus and support My left thumbstick is grinding when pushed around the outer axis. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just had to replace the potentiometer on my series 2 elite controller to fix the common stick drift issue. After struggling but successfully screwing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by emsk20, Jan 9, 2023.

1. emsk20
    emsk20 Guest

I just had to replace the potentiometer on my series 2 elite controller to fix the common stick drift issue. After struggling but successfully screwing the thumbstick cap back on at the correct angle, my left thumbstick now grinds when pushed around the outer axis. I took off the cap again to see what the issue was but nothing looks different from before I repaired the first issue. It just feels like the metal screw grinding on the metal circle. Could it be a grease/lubricant issue? What can I do to fix this? Please help.

:)

emsk20, Jan 9, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

It's possible that the issue you're experiencing with your controller could be due to a lack of lubrication or a build-up of dirt and debris. When you replaced the potentiometer, it's possible that some debris may have gotten into the controller or that the lubrication was disrupted. To fix this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Clean the thumbstick and the area around it with a soft cloth and some rubbing alcohol. This will help remove any dirt or debris that may be causing the grinding.

2. Lubricate the thumbstick. You can use a small amount of silicone lubricant or silicone oil to lubricate the thumbstick and reduce friction. Just be careful not to use too much, as it can cause the thumbstick to become slippery.

3. Check the thumbstick cap. Make sure that the cap is properly aligned and seated on the thumbstick. If it's not, it could be causing the grinding.

4. Check the screws. Make sure that all of the screws on the controller are tightened properly. If any of the screws are loose, it could cause the thumbstick to grind.

I hope this helps.
  3. Im MasterDeath Win User

GTA (weapons allowed ) races hints

the rockets shoot forward.....but if you push down the right thumbstick to look behind you and push down the left thumbstick the rockets shoot behind you...
  4. KittenQuinzel Win User

Xbox One Controller Slow Right Turn

Update: Just tried Rainbow Six Siege and when pushing right on the thumbstick, my aim either doesn't move at all or turns left.
  5. Im MasterDeath Win User

GTA (weapons allowed ) races hints

push down on the left thumbstick to use the power ups
  6. FearedNightmare Win User

XB1 controllers left stick drift

Hello

The regular controllers still have this issue since it's plastic grinding on plastic which causes the friction to create the groove. Some games "Halo" for example have options to calibrate your "Dead Zones" to counter act the results that stick drift gives
    you. However it's only a select few that do this at the moment.

The Elite controller has thumbsticks which are made of steel and are interchangeable. The outer ring which the thumbstick slides against when fully moving it to the edge is made from a polished hard plastic so it's highly unlikely or even impossible for
    the sticks to grind down. I haven't seen a case of stickdrift on an elite controller though but they're hard to find.
Thema:

1. My left thumbstick is grinding when pushed around the outer axis. - Similar Threads - left thumbstick grinding

2. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  3. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  4. Up on Left Thumbstick of Controller Won’t Work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Up on Left Thumbstick of Controller Won’t Work: Hello, I purchased an official Xbox controller about 5 months back brand new. Nothing spilled or damage to the controller looks basically brand new as of now. The up on the left thumb stick...
  5. Repair services for my xbox elite controller 2, Left thumbstick has stick drift and is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Repair services for my xbox elite controller 2, Left thumbstick has stick drift and is...: Have gone to this page https://account.microsoft.com/devices/device?, registered my device, xbox elite controller series 2, and then pressed the Start order [img] I have put in that the left...
  6. Left thumbstick not clicking

in XBoX on Consoles
    Left thumbstick not clicking: When pressing down to sprint, I came to the realization that my thumbstick doesn’t click, like at all, I use a Scuf Instinct Pro but scuf has no wish to help. Suggestions?...
  7. Left Thumbstick not registering on Xbox Elite Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Left Thumbstick not registering on Xbox Elite Series 2: Whenever I press the left thumb stick it clicks but it doesn’t register in games or the Xbox app lab I’ve tried everything but nothing works what do I do? 80bd4762-7125-49fa-acfc-fc71a86f9c41
  8. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller rb, left thumb stick and right thumbstick acting weird.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller rb, left thumb stick and right thumbstick acting weird.: I don't know where to even start. My left and right thumbsticks started to drift a little bit right after I got it, which I didn't mind at all cause at the time I didn't care for the stick drift....
  9. Elite 2 core controller left thumbstick magnetic field weak

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Elite 2 core controller left thumbstick magnetic field weak: Hello! I just got an elite 2 core as a birthday gift and while checking it out I notice the removable thumbstick magnet is much stronger on the right thumbstick while the left one is barely...
  10. Left Thumbstick Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Left Thumbstick Issue: When I click down on my left thumbstick, I hear the click, but it doesn’t do anything in game. My character will not sprint. Sometimes it will activate after pressing really hard. Is there any way...