My left controller stick is kinda faulty

Discus and support My left controller stick is kinda faulty in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; the left controller stick isn't moving fully up, is there a way to fix that 34ffdbf1-5430-4cd1-a3b6-8e15d4b090ee Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Charley Whitstone, Mar 22, 2023.

1. My left controller stick is kinda faulty

the left controller stick isn't moving fully up, is there a way to fix that

:)

Charley Whitstone, Mar 22, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Charley!

Let's see what we can do about that here.

May I know if that behavior of your controller happens to all of your games on Xbox console?

To further isolate the issue, try playing a different game. You may also connect your controller using a USB cable and see if it does the same thing.

Power cycle your controller. Press and hold the Xbox button for 5-10 seconds, until the controller turns off.
    Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the Xbox button again to turn the controller back on.

Do the same with your console. Press and hold Xbox's power button for 10 sec until it turns off. Unplug the power supply for 30 sec. Plug it back in and turn it on again.

Make sure to update your controller.
    - https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

Try to reset your button mapping configuration as well:
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Under Profile & system, select Settings.
    Under Devices & connections, select Accessories.
    On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select Configure.
    Restore to default.

If it's connected wirelessly, make sure its battery is fully charged or try new batteries.
  3. Become Ash Win User

Controllers' left stick faulty

Controllers generally have a 90 day warranty on them.
  4. iGreenTreeFrogg Win User

left stick faulty

it does not seem that they plan to fix this issue... or even to state that they are aware of it. they are ignoring it
  5. Azrael008uk Win User

Xbox one controller left joystick

My Day 1 controller has left stick lag. My wife's controller has a faulty D-Pad.

These controllers were treated like gold.

If you were eating you weren't even allowed to look at them.

There have been, and continue to be, many threads about the XBox ONE controller going faulty.

If the Red Ring was letting the side down on the 360 then it's the controllers that are letting the side down for the ONE.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Faulty left stick on Xbox one controller

Hi Dextrinix,

Anything to do with self repair is frowned on here on the forums unfortunately. As with that, and you acknowledged you will need to replace I will be locking this thread. Replacement here is the only option.

Have a great day.

Brad
Thema:

1. My left controller stick is kinda faulty - Similar Threads - left controller stick

2. Why does the left analog stick always break in these controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the left analog stick always break in these controllers?: These controllers only seem to last about a month before having to turn up the dead zone to stop them moving. Can’t even control the menus any more. The 360 controllers never did this. Sort it...
  3. Up on the left stick not working on any controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Up on the left stick not working on any controller: What’s up guys. I have the Xbox series S and I have a steel series Bluetooth headset (just adding this extra information in case it’d helpful). Anyways recently pushing the left stick up on my...
  4. The left stick on my xbox one x controller doesnt go down and i cant press it down it feels...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The left stick on my xbox one x controller doesnt go down and i cant press it down it feels...: The left stick on my xbox one x controller doesnt go down and i cant press it down it feels stuck. 0f063b2b-3b20-472d-94d0-77b804dd47f5
  5. How do I fix the left stick, updating the controller doesn’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix the left stick, updating the controller doesn’t work: I was playing Fortnite today and noticed that I couldn’t move backwards and I would just keep going straight. I went to the Xbox controller test in the Xbox accessories app and when I try to move...
  6. New elite series 2 controller disconnects when pressing left stick button

in XBoX on Consoles
    New elite series 2 controller disconnects when pressing left stick button: My controller disconnects when I press the lefts stick button, I've done a full shutdown of my Xbox, but it still happens. I've tried the button test in settings and when I press left stick button...
  7. Repair services for my xbox elite controller 2, Left thumbstick has stick drift and is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Repair services for my xbox elite controller 2, Left thumbstick has stick drift and is...: Have gone to this page https://account.microsoft.com/devices/device?, registered my device, xbox elite controller series 2, and then pressed the Start order [img] I have put in that the left...
  8. Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click: Does anyone have a solution to stop the Elite Series 2 left stick controller's movement from disabling the right mouse click? I'm trying use the controller in my left hand and the mouse in my...
  9. Xbox X Controller left stick not completely loose

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X Controller left stick not completely loose: My Xbox series x controllers left stick is not responding immediately when moving left and right but moving up and down works fine, I Noticed that the left stick is a bit more loose than the right...
  10. bc Can I repair my Xbox elite 2 controller. (Left stick drift, and bumpers dont read inputs)

in XBoX on Consoles
    bc Can I repair my Xbox elite 2 controller. (Left stick drift, and bumpers dont read inputs): I would like to send it in from Canada and just have them replace or permanently repair both components. How can I do so? dc1ddab5-b268-4241-abfa-9d4590db96e0