My kinect wont turn on with voice command

Discus and support My kinect wont turn on with voice command in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My Kinect sensor wont respond to my turn on voice command. It works fine when the console is turned on, and I can use commands to turn the console off,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Luoltidos, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Luoltidos
    Luoltidos Guest

My Kinect sensor wont respond to my turn on voice command. It works fine when the console is turned on, and I can use commands to turn the console off, but I cant turn the console back on with voice commands. I have two kinect and
    the other works fine but my main one wont respond. I haven't yet tried moving them around to check if it's just an issue with that one. I feel like I might just be missing something in set up because everything else works fine. Has anyone else run across this
    issue?

:)

Luoltidos, Apr 26, 2018
  2. Luoltidos
    Luoltidos Guest
    Kinect issues

My Kinect sensor wont respond to my turn on voice command. It works fine when the console is turned on, and I can use commands to turn the console off, but I cant turn the console back on with voice commands. I have two kinect and the other works fine but
    my main one wont respond. I haven't yet tried moving them around to check if it's just an issue with that one. I feel like I might just be missing something in set up because everything else works fine. Has anyone else run across this issue?

Luoltidos, Apr 26, 2018
  3. Xbox One Own't Allow Me To "Turn Off" Console Via Kinect Command

I have the same problem where it wont respond to the yes or no voice command in xbox turn off menu. It is detecting sound when saying yes or no but kinect just wont recognize it. It does seem to work after a hard reset but that defeats the purpose of using
    voice to turn it off. lol.

Viper7-1E1A6582-088A-49E0-83C9-A570834B099D, Apr 26, 2018
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Turning off voice commands completely

Voice commands will only work if you have a kinect or a headset. Cortana has to be turned on first before you use her voice commands, and if you do not have a kinect, then the Xbox voice commands will not be turned on.
  5. Viper7-1E1A6582-088A Win User

Xbox One Own't Allow Me To "Turn Off" Console Via Kinect Command

I have the same problem where it wont respond to the yes or no voice command in xbox turn off menu. It is detecting sound when saying yes or no but kinect just wont recognize it. It does seem to work after a hard reset but that defeats the purpose of using
    voice to turn it off. lol.
  6. shortBlondejenn Win User

Kinect stops working randomly. Full Reboot fixes it

I just started having this problem last week. Its just turning on and off randomly... often the voice commands wont turn the xbox on becuase the kinect doesnt seem to have power??
  7. BHC Bluez n 2z Win User

Will/Should Xbox Kinectless come with voice commands?

If Microsoft allows users to use voice commands without a Kinect then that's it for the Kinect, it's basically dead. The main selling point of the Kinect is voice commands.

I have an Xbox One and I have my Kinect plugged in. I use the Kinect whenever my Xbox One is turned on because for the most part it's quicker and easier navigating the UI with my voice.
  8. USARMYMILITARY Win User

Kinect commands

Thema:

1. My kinect wont turn on with voice command - Similar Threads - kinect wont turn

2. Kinect wont power xbox on, but works for all other commands.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect wont power xbox on, but works for all other commands.: My kinect will not power my xbox on, but all of the other voice commands work including the power off command. I disabled Cortana as well. Does this have something to do with it?...
  3. Xbox One streaming wont start "Kinect issue"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One streaming wont start "Kinect issue": Hi all, Sometimes I do have the issue when I try to start streaming my xbox one from the xbox app on windows 10 I do receive the following error message: Kinect-Spiele können nicht gestreamt...
  4. Xfinity X1 box PX001anc wont change channels using the Kinect commands

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xfinity X1 box PX001anc wont change channels using the Kinect commands: Whenever I use the "watch ..." command the Xbox sends a signal that brings up the search bar but doesnt actually change the channel. If I clear the one guide history it will change the channel one...
  5. Xbox 360 Kinect Mic wont Work for Chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Kinect Mic wont Work for Chat.: Hello, I have been using my Xbox 360 Kinect Microphone to Chat for Years now since my Original Mic died, (Don`t know how,) And today when I went to start up my Console and Join a Friends Party, I...
  6. how come the kinect 2.0 has a detachable cable but they wont sell them seperately ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how come the kinect 2.0 has a detachable cable but they wont sell them seperately ?: basically my dog chewed through the cable (which is detachable) ive been told my warranty covers this which is nice i'm pleased with that however i don't need a new sensor, just the cable, it...
  7. Kinect Sensor Wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect Sensor Wont turn on: my sensors is plugged in, it wont turn on wat so ever, go into settings and says to plug the sensor in.. i unplugged it 5 times and plugged it back in still nothing. what do i do now?...
  8. My Kinect wont connect.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Kinect wont connect.: I was buying pieces of Xbox equipment from a good friend for the past few months. He never played them so that was why he was selling them. So, I bought the 250GB Xbox 360 S (Glossy Black) from...
  9. kinect sports demo wont work

in XBoX on Consoles
    kinect sports demo wont work: i wanted to try out an actual kinect game, so downloaded the k.s rivals demo. as soon as the waterskiing section starts i keep getting the mssg something like"make sure the play area is clear and...
  10. kinect wont turn on and i have tried all of the recomendations please help!!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    kinect wont turn on and i have tried all of the recomendations please help!!!!: My Kinect hasn't turned for over two weeks now. I have no ideas what the problem could be. I have look all over the web and on the support area of this site but everything recommended to try does...