My kid's account is in limbo

Discus and support My kid's account is in limbo in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son's account (gamertag EpicSniper0) was subject to a permanent suspension on 4/27, but following their case review, the XBLPET overturned that... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by WaveMotionGun21, Jun 12, 2018.

1. My kid's account is in limbo

My son's account (gamertag EpicSniper0) was subject to a permanent suspension on 4/27, but following their case review, the XBLPET overturned that decision and lifted the suspension on 5/1. However, since that date, he still can't sign in on any console;
    it says that his suspension is still active. When we log in to the enforcement website, though, it says his account is clean, and when we look at his enforcement history, it confirms that his suspension was overturned. Clearly, there's a disconnect somewhere,
    but with his case review completed, there's no way for us to communicate with the enforcement team anymore--you can only talk to them if you have an active case.

My kiddo has a lot of spending money and gifts from grandparents tied to purchases on this account and we would love to regain access. Ideas? Help, please!

:)

WaveMotionGun21, Jun 12, 2018
  2. My kid's account is in limbo

My son's account (gamertag EpicSniper0) was subject to a permanent suspension on 4/27, but following their case review, the XBLPET overturned that decision and lifted the suspension on 5/1. However, since that date, he still can't sign in on any console;
    it says that his suspension is still active. When we log in to the enforcement website, though, it says his account is clean, and when we look at his enforcement history, it confirms that his suspension was overturned. Clearly, there's a disconnect somewhere,
    but with his case review completed, there's no way for us to communicate with the enforcement team anymore--you can only talk to them if you have an active case.

My kiddo has a lot of spending money and gifts from grandparents tied to purchases on this account and we would love to regain access. Ideas? Help, please!

WaveMotionGun21, Jun 12, 2018
  3. My kid's account is in limbo

exactly same here! Gamer tag fifilafanni overturned case and yet still no access to my account and I can’t contact enforcement team. Have you had any luck yet?

jackchauhan1987, Jun 12, 2018
  4. Chae247
    Chae247 Guest

Hey there!

First, a few things to try is to go to account.microsoft.com and change the password on his account. Also be sure you then go to security info on the same website and update the security information to show there are two confirmed
    security methods. Once done, remove his profile from the console and power cycle the system. While it is doing this sign out of his account on all other devices. Add his profile back and see if they can now access the account.

If for some reason they are not able to I would give Xbox Support a call at 1-800-4MY-XBOX or try speaking with a chat agent https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

Chae247, Jun 12, 2018
  5. Chae247 Win User

Hey there!

First, a few things to try is to go to account.microsoft.com and change the password on his account. Also be sure you then go to security info on the same website and update the security information to show there are two confirmed
    security methods. Once done, remove his profile from the console and power cycle the system. While it is doing this sign out of his account on all other devices. Add his profile back and see if they can now access the account.

If for some reason they are not able to I would give Xbox Support a call at 1-800-4MY-XBOX or try speaking with a chat agent https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/
  6. jackchauhan1987 Win User

exactly same here! Gamer tag fifilafanni overturned case and yet still no access to my account and I can’t contact enforcement team. Have you had any luck yet?
  7. jackchauhan1987 Win User

Make sure the correct account is logged on the console and see if it still suspended, if nothing still works try to reach the Xbox technical team and see if its a device issue rather then account banned.
    I’ve contacted them in regards to my account and they are no use whatsoever
  8. JerrminRangwani Win User

Make sure the correct account is logged on the console and see if it still suspended, if nothing still works try to reach the Xbox technical team and see if its a device issue rather then account banned.
  9. WaveMotionGun21 Win User

Yes, I can sign in to his account on the microsoft/xbox website. When I do, it says his account is all clear, and I can go to his enforcement history and confirm that they said that they would lift his suspension. We have 2 consoles in our home, and they
    work fine for myself and my other child, but both still indicate that my son's suspension is active.

I have tried the power-down cycle several times, with his account removed from the console, but I'm afraid that when we try to sign him in, there's no change.

I also spent around 90 minutes on the phone with xbox support, and they were mildly helpful in that they could tell me that from what they were seeing, his suspension is still active. However, they couldn't do anything about it, which didn't surprise me
    since it's a function of the XBLPET, but they are also incapable of providing me a way to message the enforcement team to ask that they finish reinstating my son's account. Here are some screenshots showing my son's account status when logged in to the xbox
    enforcement website:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
Thema:

1. My kid's account is in limbo - Similar Threads - kid's account limbo

2. I want my account unbanned this is ridiculous the kid started messaging me first

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want my account unbanned this is ridiculous the kid started messaging me first: I want my account unbanned the kid started it with me 7a133edc-1f98-4b9a-8e98-847d2f26205b
  3. Unable to remove a kid from account to transfer to another family froup.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to remove a kid from account to transfer to another family froup.: I am unable to transfer a child account from my wifes account, to my account. It says child is unable to remove from the family and gives an error code. Also, unable to add her to my account...
  4. Kids accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Kids accounts: I tried creating accounts for my kids and when it gets to the point they need my permission it says error. So I tried through the app and it says unable to send when I type in their emails. How do...
  5. I need help, how do I remove my kids from an old family account and allow them to accept...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help, how do I remove my kids from an old family account and allow them to accept...: I had an email address that I have deactivated because it is old. However my two kids are connected as family members and I want to remove them off the deactivated account so I can add them as...
  6. EA FC 24 Ultimate, purchased for my kid, not showing as available under his account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    EA FC 24 Ultimate, purchased for my kid, not showing as available under his account: Hello, I purchased as a pre-order the EA FC 24 Ultimate for my kid, but I didn't receive any redeem code (to activate under his account as I don't plan to play the game) and for him, the game is...
  7. My kid can't use my gamepass on his account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My kid can't use my gamepass on his account.: I have gamepass ultimate on my account. My kid can't access gamepass benefits from his account. Both accounts are set up on same Xbox and which is set as the home Xbox....
  8. Can't add funds to kids account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add funds to kids account: Got: Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Get more info Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble...
  9. changing kid account to adult

in XBoX Accessibility
    changing kid account to adult: hi, i wanted to know how i could change my kid’s account to an adult account so they can change their profile picture. i have tried managing consent but it brought me to a page which it said to...
  10. Unable to add back my kid’s account to Family safety account t

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to add back my kid’s account to Family safety account t: Dear support team, I am facing two issues currently: Firstly, I cannot add my kid’s account back to the Family Safety Account and the system showed me to ask the support team for help. The...