my internet is slowing down whenever i download something on my pc.

Discus and support my internet is slowing down whenever i download something on my pc. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; ever since i got my gaming pc a year ago,i've been downloading games (obviously) but whenever i try to download something whether its on steam, google... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by marc hajj1, Nov 20, 2022.

1. marc hajj1
    marc hajj1 Guest

ever since i got my gaming pc a year ago,i've been downloading games (obviously) but whenever i try to download something whether its on steam, google chrome or free download manager, the wifi stops on every other device than my pc for example if i'm trying to download a game on my pc the wifi is very slow on my phone and sometimes it stops completely and i can't download anything at night so is there a way to fix my problem?

:)

marc hajj1, Nov 20, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

The best option would be to limit the download speed/bandwidth on the program you're using for the download.

I know when I download from Steam it uses nearly all my bandwidth, which can affect other devices.
  3. GuardianOfMist Win User

Xbox One Slowing down the internet for other devices

I should have mentioned previously that there are no updates or downloads queued whilst the Xbox one is on, I understand whenever it's updating or downloading it will slow down the internet in general but I made sure that nothing was running in the background
    as well as any other possible downloads.
  4. OchoMilla Win User

Online installs/ game updates at god awful speeds...

I have the same issue.. it seems like it's always been slow to download or install anything even though my Internet is 35mbs. Everything I download is around100-500kbs. I checked on my pc also and it's fine on there so I'm guessing it's something to do with
    the servers not allowing us to do download at our real speeds?
  5. PWNRR Win User

Xbox one wireless upload speeds

This may not help but, whenever I download something, I make sure to "quit", or "completely exit" that last activity I was using. Games, and streaming apps being open, really slows down download speeds.
  6. SILKYJJ Win User

Is there anyway to stop hosting games on xbox live?

[quote user="x Chucky v"]

Whenever im on the xbox playing black ops i get chosen as the host is there anyway to disable that its using all my internet up too fast?

[/quote]

Just start downloading P@RN and upload tons of videos to Youtube while you are playing. That should slow your internet down a bit.

[​IMG]
Thema:

1. my internet is slowing down whenever i download something on my pc. - Similar Threads - internet slowing down

2. Slow internet on my xbox but fast when checking online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow internet on my xbox but fast when checking online: For about a month now my internet on my xbox is very slow ! 40mbps at maximum speed with a latency of 100ms when checked with the speedtest in the network settings… When I open internet explorer...
  3. Slow xbox when downloading (internet based actions)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow xbox when downloading (internet based actions): When i am downloading games on my xbox series x all download speed goes to this activity. The download goes pretty fast, but all other images and other activities that needs internet goes very...
  4. Xbox series X has super slow internet speed, help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has super slow internet speed, help?: Hi, I just got an Xbox series X and it’s been nothing but frustrating. The internet is a very slow 10-30 mbps, regardless whether I plug it via cable, wifi, 2.4 or 5ghz. I tried resetting the...
  5. Internet Slow Speed Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Internet Slow Speed Issue: Hello, whenever I start to play game on XBOX game pass in my pc my internet speed getting lower from 200mb to 10mb. When I close the game issue getting solved. Is it due to the xbox servers, idk?...
  6. Slow Internet speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow Internet speed: Hello! I am having a peculiar problem with internet speeds. Whenever I download files like 50mb+ the speed is like 20 kbps to 60 kbps but in torrent download I get 10+ Mbps and when a game uses...
  7. Why is my xbox Internet slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox Internet slow?: I have a 1000Mbps Internet connection. I connect my xbox one to the router using a cat 6 cable for it to use the Internet but the download speed is always <100Mbps. How to make it faster?...
  8. Xbox One software updates are slow and unreliable yet Internet speeds are good

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One software updates are slow and unreliable yet Internet speeds are good: When updating software on my Xbox One, I generally get slow download speeds varying from less than 1Mbps to (rarely) around 10Mbps with long periods when nothing at all is being downloaded. The...
  9. Why is multiplayer for me slow but I have fast internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is multiplayer for me slow but I have fast internet: I’ve been having issues that just only started a week ago where my internet is perfectly fine on my laptop phone and everything else but on my Xbox it’s slow but only for multiplayer I tried...
  10. Why is my internet so slow on my new Xbox x whenever my brothers pc is plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my internet so slow on my new Xbox x whenever my brothers pc is plugged in: so my brother has a gaming pc hardwired, I have an Xbox x hardwired. my speeds go to 94 mbps download and 70 upload with 70ms latency and 20-30% packet loss. if I unplug his pc it goes to 1100mbps...