My home screen freezes when I press the home screen button

Discus and support My home screen freezes when I press the home screen button in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My home screen freezes when I press the home screen button it got worse after the update on the Xbox ones I has happen many times I used to have 2 Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChrisofDuty153, Oct 20, 2017.

1. My home screen freezes when I press the home screen button

My home screen freezes when I press the home screen button it got worse after the update on the Xbox ones I has happen many times I used to have 2 Xbox ones it happened on both of them it’s very annoying right now I use an Xbox one S and it does the same
    to me it makes not sense because the Xbox One S is newer than the original Xbox One I know y’all released the Xbox One X I bet it has the same problems I don’t know but I asking you guys to fix it hopefully you can cause y’all built them so hopefully you can
    fixed the problem with the freezes on the home screen

:)

ChrisofDuty153, Oct 20, 2017
  2. Vortimous
    Vortimous Guest
    Xbox One Feb. update delayed from today to later this week

Yes, the battery info only appears when u press the home button on the xbox controller at the home screen.

Vortimous, Oct 20, 2017
  3. Xbox one dashboard freezing problem

It's seems everytime I play assassins creed unity, when I press the home button on the controller the home screen freezes. It's there a soulition to this problem? Help pls

TysonHildebrandt, Oct 20, 2017
  4. My home screen freezes when I press the home screen button

So how are boot times for you?

Thinking íf something to do with internet speed, wifi or something?

Any external drives used - it could be specific to a brand of those?

I would try unplug a drive if so - and see if that helps.

It's not something that ever happened to me, and probably not for so many - or it would be such posts all over.

It's something about your system - and maybe to do with things connected - internet or external drives.

General procedure recommended for issues like yours are power cycling making all memory clear and similar.

With console on - press power button for at least 20s or so.

Unplug power cord for 20-30s or so.

Then plugin in power and start console as normal.

BookishFlunky90, Oct 20, 2017
  5. BookishFlunky90 Win User

So how are boot times for you?

Thinking íf something to do with internet speed, wifi or something?

Any external drives used - it could be specific to a brand of those?

I would try unplug a drive if so - and see if that helps.

It's not something that ever happened to me, and probably not for so many - or it would be such posts all over.

It's something about your system - and maybe to do with things connected - internet or external drives.

General procedure recommended for issues like yours are power cycling making all memory clear and similar.

With console on - press power button for at least 20s or so.

Unplug power cord for 20-30s or so.

Then plugin in power and start console as normal.
  6. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Black screen on my first boot

Do you see anything at all when you press the white Home button on the controller? Sometimes when I start my Xbox One up, I get a black screen and I have to press the white Home button which will open the side bar menu. Then I press Home and it brings
    up the home screen. It's very strange but I get this black screen sometimes too.
  7. Ahmedaboouf Win User

Black screen on my first boot

Do you see anything at all when you press the white Home button on the controller? Sometimes when I start my Xbox One up, I get a black screen and I have to press the white Home button which will open the side bar menu. Then I press Home and it
    brings up the home screen. It's very strange but I get this black screen sometimes too.
    Nothing at all
  8. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Xbox One Screen is Blank

I've had this happen myself. Do you have any luck if you press the white Home button on the controller? Does it bring up the menu on the left of the screen? For me, when I pressed Home in this menu, then it refreshed the Xbox and the screen would load
    back to my Home screen on the TV.
  9. Dangerman007 Win User

Freezing at the home screen

I've been having a similar problem the last few days. While playing a game I might go to the Home screen using the Home button on the controller. The system goes to the Home screen and freezes. I cannot select the game or move around the dashboard, but I
    can hold the Home button and it goes to the "Console Off/Controller Off" screen, and then freezes on that screen. Hard resets will reset the dashboard, but it doesn't stop it from happening again. Once while playing a game, the game music continued playing,
    but the Home screen was still frozen. This is irritating and I'm sick of tolerating it.
Thema:

1. My home screen freezes when I press the home screen button - Similar Threads - home screen freezes

2. Is there a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen?: Hi, I just wondered if there was a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen? This is mostly just an aesthetics thing for me but also to make things easy to access too. I...
  3. Xbox home screen (Default) Change idea 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox home screen (Default) Change idea 2024: When it says who's playing today? if its dark outside wouldn't it be better to say who is playing tonight? because if you think about it at night time people might know its today but it sounds...
  4. Xbox X crashing to Home Screen!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X crashing to Home Screen!: So I’ve had my Xbox X for just over a year now, since I tried to play starfield my Xbox started crashing to Home Screen. I gave up trying to play starfield tried all steps in posts I’ve seen even...
  5. Question: Home screen display ...........

in XboX Insiders
    Question: Home screen display ...........: Given I am already a Game Pass Ultimate subcriber (and have been for 3+ years), how exactly, is this useful to me? Your post editor wouldn't allow me to actually attach them(the "Image & Video",...
  6. Custom background for home screen on xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Custom background for home screen on xbox: I thought i would be really cool to have a background system where you could download something from the web. Bc i have seen awesome backgrounds/moving backgrounds that i would love to have on my...
  7. Controller disconnecting and console freezing every time I open the home screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnecting and console freezing every time I open the home screen: Games run perfectly fine and smoothly on my Series X, and there is nothing wrong with the gameplay. However every time I’m in a game and press the xbox button to bring up the sidebar, the whole...
  8. Starfield freezing on Home Screen (Xbox Series X)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield freezing on Home Screen (Xbox Series X): Hello! We were playing starfield last night (12/28). After we turned off the game, we ate dinner then went to play again. Upon reaching the Home Screen where it says “press any button to start”...
  9. Why does Starfield keep freezing and crashing to Home Screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Starfield keep freezing and crashing to Home Screen?: Since day one I downloaded this game to my Xbox series X, it has been crashing in the same spot. Right after you make your character you head over to the airlock where the tutorial tells you to...
  10. My brand new Xbox Series X freezes then kicks me to home screen/turns off whenever I play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My brand new Xbox Series X freezes then kicks me to home screen/turns off whenever I play...: (I asked this question before but I didn't really explain the full thing and it ended up being a waste of time.) Here's the situation: I just got my Xbox Series X two days ago and anytime I play...