My Home button(The big X) won’t work at All.

Discus and support My Home button(The big X) won’t work at All. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, My problem is regarding my Xbox elite series two controller. My problem is I splilled a little drink on it and it didn’t work at all for a bit,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Serek Farmer, Nov 20, 2023.

1. Serek Farmer
    Serek Farmer Guest

Hello, My problem is regarding my Xbox elite series two controller. My problem is I splilled a little drink on it and it didn’t work at all for a bit, now it works when I plugged it in. The Problem is that my X button won’t work at All. Thanks for you patience and understanding.

:)

Serek Farmer, Nov 20, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Serek! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox Elite series 2 controller. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

Try to update the controller's firmware using a Windows PC to see if it works. Here's how:

Update your controller on Windows 10/11 by using the Xbox Accessories app:

If you don’t already have the app installed, get it in the Store:

https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9NBLGGH30XJ3?hl=en-us&gl=SA

Open the Xbox Accessories app.
    Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller by using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.
    When the controller is connected, you'll see the message Update Required if an update is mandatory. Install the update.

Things to keep in mind:

The Xbox Accessories app is available only on Windows 10/11.
    Updating the controller over Bluetooth is not supported.

If the issue still persists, there could be an issue with the internal parts of the controller. I highly suggest you check for the free warranty replacement options for your controller by signing your account and registering the controller serial number using the link below:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/controller/controller-warranty

There is also an out-of-warranty replacement option using the same link just in case your controller is no longer covered by warranty.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. Ladymatik Win User

Xbox one controller wont turn off after console is off.

I just got an Xbox One X yesterday and experiencing the same issue. In addition, my controller won’t power on when pressing the home button. I also tried the methods Leslie suggested and no luck.
  4. 2PharGone Win User

Logitech G920 won’t work on Xboxes

We have done all of the above and it did not correct the issue.

Again the wheel and all buttons work fine with Windows 10 and Windows 11.

Neither Xbox One console nor Xbox X series will allow the A button to work. All other functions work but the A,B,X,Y buttons.

I wish I was the only one having this issue, but upon further research and also with one of our Microsoft headsets the Xbox systems won’t work with products specifically designed for it.

I spoke with Logitech and had the wheel plugged into the PC and they ran a test on it and said it is working as it should and it does on a PC.

Thank you Microsoft for waisting my money on your controller and headsets and now Logitech wheel and passing the buck.
  5. JokeSTeRgamer Win User

Home button is not working

Yes on the PC. In steam does not work in the mode of Big Picture. For drivers xb1usb.11059.0.140526x64.msi Home button works, but it does not work cross
  6. brandiesel1 Win User

Will there be a transfer cable for One X?

I’m not sure I follow.

Right now I have a lot of digital games downloaded on my One. There will Ben an option to move them over through the network which is quicker than manually redownloading all of them?

Also how will games with gold work? I’m giving my One to my son and most likely I won’t play it anymore. Will he still be able to play the GWG games or will I have to keep it as my home console?

I’d prefer to keep the X as my home.
Thema:

1. My Home button(The big X) won’t work at All. - Similar Threads - Home button big

2. Home button on xbox controller in windows 7

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home button on xbox controller in windows 7: I have 2 original xbox one x controllers. When I connect the gamepad with a cable to a PC with Windows 7, the controller turns on and works fine, but there is no action when I press the home...
  3. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...: Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x f85ab271-550a-4efe-b42c-9616c1392b7f
  4. My Xbox home button does not work anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox home button does not work anymore: I ordered one of those black and gold Xbox series controllers when they first released and from day one. I had issues with it at first the home button led would flicker when I was playing a game....
  5. Home button and other options unavailable.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home button and other options unavailable.: My son can play a game but the home button does not work. He can not go to his account or settings. System keeps saying unavailable. We have performed a hard reset and then unplugged the power...
  6. A button not working on Home screen/Guide

in XboX Insiders
    A button not working on Home screen/Guide: Just started happening a few days ago, randomly my A button won't do anything, works in apps and in games but won't work on the Home screen or the guide (friends list, party, etc.). On screen when...
  7. Hi overtime I am in a game and I press the home button the press b to go back to the game I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi overtime I am in a game and I press the home button the press b to go back to the game I...: Hi overtime I am in a game and I press the home button the press b to go back to the game I get a black screen for like 10 seconds a88fdc63-0175-4e35-bf04-7a806d6f52db
  8. Hi everyone my Xbox series x is not responding to the button a when on Home Screen I have...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi everyone my Xbox series x is not responding to the button a when on Home Screen I have...: Urgent as Xbox not doing anything ca1586cd-ca3e-4e18-ad0d-9372ddc39e9f
  9. Xbox Series X stays on home screen after pressing power button

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X stays on home screen after pressing power button: Lately when I get done playing and try to turn off my Series X , it stays on the home screen instead . The only solution I can find so far is unplug it . Does anyone have another solution ....
  10. My Xbox guide won’t work when I press my home button it says try launching again shortly...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox guide won’t work when I press my home button it says try launching again shortly...: I tried everything like resetting my console and unplugging it but nothing works 8c9e7e91-d0e3-4051-b1f8-62d163855ebf