My Headset transmitter is assigning as a controller.

Discus and support My Headset transmitter is assigning as a controller. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Whenver i plug the transmitter into my xbox, the headset works fine, but it also connects as a controller. and that sometimes limits my ability to play... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Carryyy IV, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Carryyy IV
    Carryyy IV Guest

Whenver i plug the transmitter into my xbox, the headset works fine, but it also connects as a controller. and that sometimes limits my ability to play online. is there any fix or this?

:)

Carryyy IV, Jan 8, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Carryyy, what would be the transmitter that is connecting to your console?

Was it made to be able to connect to both the console and the controller?

What exactly is limiting your online playability?
  3. ov Bane Win User

August Xbox One update has broken my Turtle Beach x42 transmitter.

both of my controllers are up to date and both had the headset connected. Its not the headset that Is the problem It's the x42s transmitter.
  4. Leo Invictus Win User

Head sets

Howdy!

The headset should come with everything you need. The wireless headset models typically connect directly to the console and not through the controller.

If the headset that you want lists a wireless transmitter in the contents of the box, then you'd plug the transmitter into one of the USB ports on your console.

Some wireless headsets use the Xbox's built-in Wi-Fi Direct system and do not need a wireless transmitter. They sync up directly with the console (in the same manner that the controller does.)
  5. IceStorm III Win User

Xbox Slim still refusing to acknowledge headphones, both wireless and wired

Unfortunately, the X41 headset I've tried in the past hissed all the time, even with the 360 off. See if you can try another audio source with the transmitter. It's possible the transmitter and headset are not synced.

If you have three wired headsets where the mic doesn't work, I'd suspect the controller. Try a different controller?
  6. Twilo123 Win User

Headset/Mic Not Working

I reassociated it. That went fine. Ut i noticed that under headset of the controller the headset is not assigned to the controller and i cant click it to assign it. It shows a headset but cant assign it.
Thema:

1. My Headset transmitter is assigning as a controller. - Similar Threads - Headset transmitter assigning

2. Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...: What is going on with your Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black (model: TLL-00001)?! Three headsets bought, 2 of them broke in the exact same spot and yet you...
  3. Headset fixing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset fixing: I play on Xbox series x and I bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear the game itself. I know about the chat mixer but that...
  4. Only my headset chat mixer is grayed out and I don't know what to do

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only my headset chat mixer is grayed out and I don't know what to do: I love Xbox bey my headset chat mixer is grayed out only 3fe17a38-b06b-46c7-9a50-24289146c1fb
  5. I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.: I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there...
  6. Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset.: I recently got a Corsair HS80 Max Wireless from a friend. He gave it to me to use for PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X. I tried it on PC, PS5 both worked went for it on Xbox didn’t work and learned it’s...
  7. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  8. Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...: This issue occurs seemingly regardless of game as well as on the menu. If I record the instance when the bug occurs, it will be present in the playback on the xbox, but will be absent on my phone...
  9. Xbox headset is acting up and I can't figure out why

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox headset is acting up and I can't figure out why: I got it a month ago (not wireless btw) and it seemed to work completely fine, I use it for gaming and I had no issues hearing others or my mic for how my voice sounded. Until now I first tested...
  10. Xbox wireless headset (Turtlebeach) only works when joining a party

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox wireless headset (Turtlebeach) only works when joining a party: Okay, just as the title suggests, my headset's microphone for my xbox (using a series X) only works when I join a party. When I create a party and I invite others, the only way for my microphone...