My headset mic is not working. I cannot talk in either party or game chat

Discus and support My headset mic is not working. I cannot talk in either party or game chat in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My headset is not working. Cannot talk in either party or game chat d69e25cf-0985-41ac-9902-48f34650ee63 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ben hall2, Nov 2, 2022.

1. ben hall2
    ben hall2 Guest

My headset is not working. Cannot talk in either party or game chat

:)

ben hall2, Nov 2, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I would like to clarify, are you on Xbox or PC?

Also, if you're on Xbox, is your headset plugged into your controller?
  3. DRAGONSKULL273 Win User

Controller update broke all headset functionality on day one controller

i have this exact same issue with my day on controller like the game in headset volume stuff works but mic isn't responding at all for people to hear me talk in game chat or party chat yet if i go to skype the mic works just fine.
  4. A BOWL OF BEANZ Win User

Headset working but xbox doesn’t recognise mic

My headset is working but I cannot hear people in party chat. It says it is unable to find my mic. I’ve tried switching controllers and headsets but it made no different
  5. Bert1967 Win User

Kinnect in game chat on crossplay

It works fine with a headset its only when your in game chat rather than a party chat whoever is using the Kinnect cannot be heard by the others on cross platform but mic and headset no work problems. My friend has the Kinnect but no headset there in lies
    the problems.
  6. Haunted Spider Win User

My Kinect's Microphone won't work on Ghosts? any thoughts as to why?

From day one, the Kinect voice chat has not worked with Ghosts, unless if you are in a party. Any party disabled game modes will kick you out of party chat or now allow you to play the mode. There is no game chat option to speak through Kinect, so talking
    with randoms or in lobbies is a no go. You need a mic on a headset for that, either the one that came with your xbox one, or a 3rd party headset that you buy the Microsoft puck adapter for.

I do not know about the other two games as I don't have either one. Good luck.
Thema:

1. My headset mic is not working. I cannot talk in either party or game chat - Similar Threads - headset mic working

2. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  3. Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t

in XboX Insiders
    Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t: So I bought the mic and have the newest Xbox. When I first got the headset it worked perfectly but then I took a break from Xbox and when I came back, the headphones still worked but the mic...
  4. Wired Headset Mics Not Working (tried all if not most solutions)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Headset Mics Not Working (tried all if not most solutions): [XBOX ONE] My wired headset mic will not work, the Xbox picks up my voice on party overlay and text to speech but no one can hear me and I can’t hear people. I can hear everything else. I have:...
  5. My Wired headset(s) mic(s) won’t work with one Xbox Account, but fine with others, and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Wired headset(s) mic(s) won’t work with one Xbox Account, but fine with others, and...: Stumped! I typically use a wireless headset (Astro A50, Steelseries, & others). I have tried three wired headsets (VZR MOdel One, Corsair virtuoso Pro, etc) and I’m getting the same result. I get...
  6. Recon 50 headset, mic works, then it doesn't

in XBoX on Windows
    Recon 50 headset, mic works, then it doesn't: Short Version: I have a recon 50 headset that is wired and has a separate microphone. They are still fairly new. I have had them for 1 month and 5 days, and only used then a handful of times. So...
  7. Why isn’t my headset mic working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn’t my headset mic working?: I just got an Xbox series x, I got an Astro A10 wired headset. All the audio settings are to where they should be, but when I try to go into a party my mic does not work...
  8. 3 different headset mics stopped working within a day

in XBoX on Consoles
    3 different headset mics stopped working within a day: i have 3 different headsets and their mics all stopped working within a day after being perfectly fine the day before, ive also tried plugging them into my phone to test the mics and they didn't...
  9. A20 Astro headset, how do I work my mic on this

in XBoX Accessibility
    A20 Astro headset, how do I work my mic on this: I just got the A20 Astro headset yesterday, it’s connected to my Xbox and everything the adapter is in and working. I can hear everything but my mic isn’t working. I have to scream or yell for...
  10. My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh

in XBoX on Consoles
    My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh: everything works besides the mic of any head set all settings are correct as far as I know and have tried, it will cut on for a millisecond bday shutoff and not work again after I'm bout to give...