My headset doesn't play sound when the mic is connected

Discus and support My headset doesn't play sound when the mic is connected in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have a Razer Barracuda X which comes with a microphone. In the first day of using it I had both the sound and mic working but the next the mic... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by [DuskrocWolf], Sep 5, 2022.

1. My headset doesn't play sound when the mic is connected

I have a Razer Barracuda X which comes with a microphone. In the first day of using it I had both the sound and mic working but the next the mic started causing my headset to stop playing sound. The headset works fine without the mic plugged in.

:)

[DuskrocWolf], Sep 5, 2022
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent adviser.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help your headset.

Have you tried using other headset to see if it works? Just to isolate the issue.

You may also try testing it on other devices to see if it is having the same problem because this could already be an issue with the headset itself or the mic having issues.

You may also do a reset on your console.

NOTE: This will remove the profiles on your console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

No data or game saves will be lost doing this, everything is backed up to the cloud servers.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select System.

4. Select Console info

5. Select Reset console.

6. Select Reset and keep my games & apps

This will also help sync the data on your console properly.

Hope this helps.
  3. Cerebral Paul Win User

“We can’t find a microphone for these people”. Will there be a fix? Don't if this should be under "Post a question" or "Post a discussion"

Just to clarify a couple things:

The system doesn't detect the mic, but do you still hear sounds through the headset at all?

When you connect the headset to the PC does the PC recognize the mic and you can record to the PC with it? (you can test the mic volume to see if the PC is actually registering any sound from the mic)
  4. CaraT98 Win User

Specific headset does not work with specific controller. Help?

None of those troubleshooting steps are appropriate to my situation. As evident from the fact that sound plays out of other connected listening devices, there is no issue in my sound settings; and I cannot change the volume or similar, as the device and
    accessory settings are not acknowledging that there is a headset connected (and there is sound when connected to other headsets). I am aware that this option appears below "buzz" in the device and accessory settings.

It is not that the mic is not recording, or that sound is not coming through the headset, it is that the controller won't recognise that there is anything plugged in when combined with my headset (even though it can recognise other devices, and the headset
    is working).

Thanks anyway.
  5. MichaelElliottYT Win User

Microphone not working for Game Bar

Whenever I mute my headset mic it doesn't work and I went to the sound settings and it was already set to the external mic.
  6. Skyxz Win User

Game And Party Chat Don't Come Through Capture Card To PC

I have the exact same issue.

Only I'm using the new Elgate Capture Card HD60x

On the xbox series x I'm using a Logitech-G Headset G433 Zwart.

When I unplug the headset from the controller I can capture teammates mic sound.

As soon as I plugin the headset, it stops capturing teammates sound.

In the Xbox party chat, passthrough and "speaker and headset" is selected.

(when using the Elgato chat link, all works, but I don't want to use the anolog audio, but the HDMI audio. I have a separated Mic connected to the recording PC for my voice. I only need the mic connected to the controller to communicate in the game).
Thema:

1. My headset doesn't play sound when the mic is connected - Similar Threads - headset doesn't play

2. Recon 50 headset, mic works, then it doesn't

in XBoX on Windows
    Recon 50 headset, mic works, then it doesn't: Short Version: I have a recon 50 headset that is wired and has a separate microphone. They are still fairly new. I have had them for 1 month and 5 days, and only used then a handful of times. So...
  3. I wanna talk to my feeinds but I can't because the turtle recon 70 headset doesn't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I wanna talk to my feeinds but I can't because the turtle recon 70 headset doesn't work: I just bought a new headset wich is a recon 70 turtle beach but when I go to party chat on the xbox not the website it doesn't work but if I go on the website it works perfectly fine so I don't...
  4. Only in wireless mode the xbox one controller doesn't recognize my aux headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only in wireless mode the xbox one controller doesn't recognize my aux headset: Hello, i bought a new xbox one controller today for my Windows PC. But when i use it wireless the audio doesn't recognize the xbox, so the headset doesn't get recognized. When i connect it with...
  5. Windows Volume Doesn't Affect Xbox Wireless Headset Volume

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows Volume Doesn't Affect Xbox Wireless Headset Volume: I'm on a Windows 11 PC and I've connected an Xbox Wireless Headset using the Xbox Wireless Adapter and cable. There is a volume slider on the headset itself that works fine, but the headset is...
  6. My wireless headset doesn't allow me to use the chat mixer dial when my head is tilted a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wireless headset doesn't allow me to use the chat mixer dial when my head is tilted a...: When using the headset, it works fine with no issue I tilt my head to the left slightly and it chat mixer just goes completely to the game audio side and mutes the party, this is a new issue for...
  7. Game audio doesn't work on my TV, but works on my headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game audio doesn't work on my TV, but works on my headset.: As the post says. Xbox game audio does not work on my TV but works on my headset. All other audio works perfectly fine. When I go to the menu I hear the menu sounds and the clicking sounds. But...
  8. Xbox doesn't see headset mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox doesn't see headset mic: Today I bought a headset Hyperx cloud alpha , plug it into my Xbox controller and sound was good until I understood that my mic doesn't work (but if you connect headphones to other devices, the...
  9. Xbox Console Companion doesn't play audio through my headset when I stream on my laptop.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion doesn't play audio through my headset when I stream on my laptop.: I started using this app to play games on my xbox by streaming it to my laptop, because I typically am in a discord call with other people while I do so. For the first few weeks of using this app,...
  10. Wireless headset doesn't play game sounds... feature or bug?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset doesn't play game sounds... feature or bug?: So, I'm really annoyed at repetitive game sounds coming from my kid's Xbox 360 and the TV and decided I'd get him a wireless headset so that I can silence the TV. To my surprise, it seems to only...