My HDMI broke got a new one but won't show on TV

Discus and support My HDMI broke got a new one but won't show on TV in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My HDMI broke so I bought one off of Amazon basics and now when I plug into my tv it says doesn't support it, then I went to my living room TV and it's... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WolfyBeatz, Jul 6, 2022.

1. WolfyBeatz
    WolfyBeatz Guest

My HDMI broke so I bought one off of Amazon basics and now when I plug into my tv it says doesn't support it, then I went to my living room TV and it's just black no sounds, nothing. Is there something wrong with the tv,cable or Xbox? Cuz I don't wanna spend money if I don't need 2. (Some other things warranty is done and HDMI port has like a little crack on the metal thingy

:)

WolfyBeatz, Jul 6, 2022
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good night

It is possible that the problem affected the HDMI input on the xbox, what is your xbox model?

Xbox one S and Xbox one X models, and S/X series can be repaired by microsoft.

request repair

it is necessary to register the product on the microsoft website and open a work order.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices

if you have any questions, follow this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne....
  3. OffSuperiorFG Win User

Xbox not working

I tried all if these steps it works on the other tvs in my house except the tv in my bedroom the tv shows no signal on all HDMI ports for my main HDMI and my brand new one
  4. danielufcfan Win User

Component v Hdmi question

The TV is only 720p so I deffo won't be getting a new xbox for hdmi, got to say I'm very disappointed with the PQ on this TV though, so I might be looking at sending it back and buying a new one of them instead, its a joke barely better then SD!
  5. RykerKalish® Win User

midnight club los angeles backward compatible

It also could be because I have to update the Xbox One S. Hadn't played on it since my HDR TV broke. I just got a new one today.
  6. Magaman-8B232765-380 Win User

Expensive Cables??? Not a problem

Monoprice is the only cable reseller I use. I just got the new redmare HDMI cables for evreything, they are thinner then a mouse cable. Only downside they are uni-directional. So you'll have to set-up all your resolutions manually as devices won't be able
    to detect your TV. But with how thin tv's are my old HDMI cables were thicker then the TV.
Thema:

1. My HDMI broke got a new one but won't show on TV - Similar Threads - HDMI broke got

2. HDMI cec no longer works after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI cec no longer works after latest update: The latest update has completely broken the hdmi cec function on my series x. Pressing the home button on the remote no longer changes the input. I’ve checked all settings and done everything I...
  3. Hi there, my hdmi port is not working on my xbox. I'd there some sort of adaptor that I can...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi there, my hdmi port is not working on my xbox. I'd there some sort of adaptor that I can...: Hi there, my hdmi port is not working on my xbox. I'd there some sort of adaptor that I can get for the TV out part? Possibly plug into the USB on the xbox and plug the hdmi into that?...
  4. How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x: I go to my dads on a Thursday and Sunday and take my xbox series X which obviously has a hdmi port, the port has broke twice over the past 2 years because of this because i forgot to take the hdmi...
  5. Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...: I am unable to broadcast my Microsoft Windows environment across my other Microsoft Windows devices. please help thanks 1c4b0da4-6be0-47ad-8a8a-0b11312a4df2
  6. Update Broke My HDMI Port Please Help

in XboX Insiders
    Update Broke My HDMI Port Please Help: I was downloading an update for the insiders program and when it did the reset for the update like it always does, the video source was no longer working. does anyone know a way to fix this? I...
  7. broke hdmi port

in XBoX on Consoles
    broke hdmi port: The warranty on my xbox expired over 2 years ago and I have already taken it apart to clean it. I would like to know if, with the proper tools and much experience with electronics repair, I could...
  8. HDMI out port to TV is broke

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI out port to TV is broke: [img] so my hdmi out to TV port is broke on my xbox one s. Was wondering if there is any other way I will be able to play on the console without using the port. Is there a way a can use the HDMI...
  9. Xbox One HDMI out port broke. Need Solutions.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One HDMI out port broke. Need Solutions.: Hello all, my Xbox One has been very good to me I've had it since Xbox One launch! But after hundreds of times of unplugging and moving my Xbox the HDMI output has gone out. I've pulled it apart...
  10. Is my HDMI Port on my Xbox One broke?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my HDMI Port on my Xbox One broke?: Last night I was playing games on my Xbox One just fine and after I finished playing my games I turned my Xbox off. I woke up this morning and I turned on my Xbox and my TV and no signal was...