My hard drive that was working fine before is now "unformatted"

Discus and support My hard drive that was working fine before is now "unformatted" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I updated my Xbox 360 console yesterday and it now says my hard drive is unformatted. My hard drive had been working fine before i updated my console.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DG3WESKER, Mar 11, 2016.

1. DG3WESKER
    DG3WESKER Guest

I updated my Xbox 360 console yesterday and it now says my hard drive is unformatted. My hard drive had been working fine before i updated my console.

:)

DG3WESKER, Mar 11, 2016
  2. Dempo FD3S
    Dempo FD3S Guest
    Hardrive unformatted after latest live update!!

I just finished installing the latest live update and now it says my hard drive is unformatted. About a week ago I started having problems with gta v not working and then magically the installation of gta v vanished from the hard drive after trying to download
    the latest game update. All my other games would work fine and even games I borrowed from my brother that I have never played on my console before worked fine. Now this is really bugging me that it is saying that my hard drive is unformatted after the latest
    live update, does this mean all my saves and everything is gone? whats to blame?

Dempo FD3S, Mar 11, 2016
  3. juan van
    juan van Guest
    My Hard-Drive is "Unformatted?"

The hard drive is dieing or dead.

You can try to remove the drive and install it again, see if it works then.

But other then that, it can only format the drive and see if it will be usable after that.

And all the save data is gone My hard drive that was working fine before is now "unformatted" :(

juan van, Mar 11, 2016
  4. My hard drive that was working fine before is now "unformatted"

Your console asked for an update because the hard drive failed and it could not read the previous install of the update. It's not the update that causes the failure but rather the failure causes the need for an update.

HomegrownSilky, Mar 12, 2016
  5. HomegrownSilky Win User

Your console asked for an update because the hard drive failed and it could not read the previous install of the update. It's not the update that causes the failure but rather the failure causes the need for an update.
  6. FireMedic918 Win User

xbox hard drive problem since YouTube came out

I am having the same issue. MY Console acts as if my Hard Drive is unformatted even though it was working fine 12-13-2011 until 11:30 PM Central time.
  7. Mister Cerb Win User

weird problem with xbox freezing

Hey there Danosaurs! It looks like Taidara and Tenshi are onto something here. Since it works fine with a different storage device (USB), it would appear that your hard drive needs to be replaced. If you go to System, Settings, Storage does you hard drive
    appear as unformatted?
  8. DaleCameron70 Win User

External hard drive

Why? It was working fine before I formatted it. Now I can’t play any games stored on my hard drive
  9. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Xbox 360 Elite Hard Drive error?

Hi, as the hard drive is showing as unformatted there's little you can do but try to format it. The hard drive may not format or format but then become unformatted again which would indicate a major problem with the hard drive.
Thema:

1. My hard drive that was working fine before is now "unformatted" - Similar Threads - hard drive was

2. If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...

in XBoX on Windows
    If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...: If my Xbox One hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will old games still be saved from where I was up to? And will my digital games(no disk) still download?...
  3. How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death: I have an Xbox 360/s that's been to the repair shop for the ring of death and was told that it is a temporary fix. It has an internal hard drive and I would like to get the saved game files off of...
  4. I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...: I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play games from my hardrive!? All I have read is that you can’t play x/a games on hdd but this one says it is...
  5. Error e106 after new hard drive on xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error e106 after new hard drive on xbox one: Error e106 after new hard drive On xbox one 4d4c522d-cbfa-4d8a-8940-95c19a5a12e7
  6. Xbox one hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one hard drive: I pulled out a hard drive of an Xbox one and plugged it into my Xbox one as an external and I didn't reformat it and now my Xbox turns on and off quickly. How bad did I screw it up?...
  7. I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...

in XBoX on Windows
    I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly...: I've just installed a new hard drive with all the software and files needed correctly installed on Xbox went fine then when restarted it came up with a screen to put letters in the app to connect...
  8. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  9. Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation: I installed two games originally, MS Flight Simulator and the last game was Starfield. My free hard drive space was around 800 GB. I reinstalled both games and the free hard drive space was around...
  10. Not being able to play games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play games on external hard drive: Why can’t I play games on my external hard rice fa80c9e6-2a62-4a8b-93ef-811c874bbf99