My Halo Infinite Limited Edition Wireless Controller has a problem to wirelessly connect to...

Discus and support My Halo Infinite Limited Edition Wireless Controller has a problem to wirelessly connect to... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, Re the Subject above, I just got my new Halo Infinite Limited Edition controller yesterday, and upgraded its firmware with its cable without... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by fcxyz, Jan 29, 2022.

1. fcxyz
    fcxyz Guest

My Halo Infinite Limited Edition Wireless Controller has a problem to wirelessly connect to...

Hi there,

Re the Subject above, I just got my new Halo Infinite Limited Edition controller yesterday, and upgraded its firmware with its cable without a problem. Everything worked fine until I disconnected the cable and tried to switch to wireless mode. The pairing process was fine, But, my controller definitely will loss connection to my console every-time the distance between them is over about 50cm.

Firstly, I suspected that the problem possibly was due to bluetooth interference. Then I turned off every bluetooth device, including my iPhone, and Wrong answer. So, I then turned on my Intel NUC9 and paired my controller to it over bluetooth, and that problem was gone. Obviously, the problem DOES NOT exist in my controller....... In other words, I can't wirelessly play any game on my Xbox One console at present, and this kills me.

So I guess that the Xbox One software upgrade is right one that is to be blamed??? Anybody encountered the same problem?

Best regards

John Yang

:)

fcxyz, Jan 29, 2022
  2. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

My Halo Infinite Limited Edition Wireless Controller has a problem to wirelessly connect to Xbox One console.

Hello fcxyz,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your controller connecting to your console.

If you feel like the firmware may have created an issue, you can revert your firmware by following the steps provided here: My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update | Xbox Support

You can try troubleshooting your controller with these steps: Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

If you honestly believe there may be hardware issues with your controller, I advise you to reach out to Contact us | Xbox Support and explain the situation and see if they can help with exchange.

-Regards,

Hayabusa
  3. fcxyz Win User

My Halo Infinite Limited Edition Wireless Controller has a problem to wirelessly connect to Xbox One console.

I am unsure how the 3rd party accessory would work, but feel free to let me know if you experience the same issue.

If you believe there may be an issue with your console, and it is under warranty, you can start a repair service order on account.microsoft.com/device
    Hi, Hayabusa,

This is to tell you that my wireless headset arrived yesterday, and it works the same way the elite 2 does. The bad news is that my wireless headset now has the issue exactly the same as that of my new elite controller's, and the good new is exactly the same too ;p

Anyway, at least this indicates that the problem I'm experiencing is NOT resulted from any hardware defect of my controller, which is really a relief to me, and it looks as if this is an interference matter indeed. However, this didn't explain the UTP Cable matter still...

Well, I guess it's not a easy job left to me to root it out alone, and do you have any suggestion for me? Thank you.

Best regards
  4. fcxyz Win User

Thank you for your detailed reply.

Do you have any other controllers in your home that you can try with the same firmware? If you do, please check to see if you encounter the same issues.

Try power cycling the console as well.

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.
    Be sure to wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
    2. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.
    If the problem persists, please report it as a problem with the Report a Problem feature on your console. If you have not yet downloaded the app,

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select Store.
    • Search for “xbox report a problem” and download the Xbox Report a Problem app.
    Once you have the app installed:

1. Press and hold the Xbox button.
    2. On the What do you want to do? screen, choose Report a problem. This will open the Report a Problem app.
    3. Select Report new problem.
    4. On the New problem report screen, give your problem a descriptive title.
    5. Select the most appropriate category and subcategory from each dropdown. In your case it would be

Category: Hardware & Accessories / Subcategory: Controllers
    I cannot guarantee you'll receive a response from reporting the problem, but you will be sending the information to the engineers. If you honestly believe there may be hardware issues with your console or controller, I advise you to reach out to Contact us | Xbox Support and explain the situation and see if they can help with exchange.

Regards,

Hayabusa
    Hi, Hayabusa,

Glad to see your reply again. But, the answer to your question is 'No', sorry, I currently don't have any other controller, because the original one shipped with my console somehow was lost several months ago, and that's one of those reasons for me to decide to purchase this new controller.

To clarify the problem again: my new Controller is able to connect to my Xbox One Console wirelessly according to your advised steps above, so long as I DO NOT connect my Console to my Router with a UTP cable...... You may see that it has a cost, and I don't understand why.

So I guess the problem we are talking about DOES NOT exist in my new Controller, and I'm also curious why a UTP cable between my Console & Router could be a problem to prevent the controller from talking to the console !? It's way too weird, isn't it?
  5. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

It is weird indeed.

It is very possible there could be some interference with your ISP. I would call to see if there is anything that may be interfering with your console and causing the disruption, since you mention it only happens when the UTP cable is connected. I play with my console connected via cable also, and I do not experience any disconnect from my controller.

You may also want to try a different cable. Try a CAT5 or CAT6 cable if possible.
  6. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Thank you for your detailed reply.

Do you have any other controllers in your home that you can try with the same firmware? If you do, please check to see if you encounter the same issues.

Try power cycling the console as well.

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.
    Be sure to wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
    2. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.
    If the problem persists, please report it as a problem with the Report a Problem feature on your console. If you have not yet downloaded the app,

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select Store.
    • Search for “xbox report a problem” and download the Xbox Report a Problem app.
    Once you have the app installed:

1. Press and hold the Xbox button.
    2. On the What do you want to do? screen, choose Report a problem. This will open the Report a Problem app.
    3. Select Report new problem.
    4. On the New problem report screen, give your problem a descriptive title.
    5. Select the most appropriate category and subcategory from each dropdown. In your case it would be

Category: Hardware & Accessories / Subcategory: Controllers
    I cannot guarantee you'll receive a response from reporting the problem, but you will be sending the information to the engineers. If you honestly believe there may be hardware issues with your console or controller, I advise you to reach out to Contact us | Xbox Support and explain the situation and see if they can help with exchange.

Regards,

Hayabusa
Thema:

1. My Halo Infinite Limited Edition Wireless Controller has a problem to wirelessly connect to... - Similar Threads - Halo Infinite Limited

2. Mouse and keyboard only working with Halo Infinit

in XboX Insiders
    Mouse and keyboard only working with Halo Infinit: I'm part of the program and I went to test mouse and keyboard support, and the games I tested: -Sea of Thieves: Only the mouse works; -Mount&Blade 2: Mouse and keyboard do not work; -Halo...
  3. No sign in popup in Halo Infinite [Steam]

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sign in popup in Halo Infinite [Steam]: [img] Hey, Right after i start the game and it wants to catch my gaming profile theres nothing happening, i watched a few videos where theres an Xbox popup opening but its not working for me....
  4. Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one: Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one is that doable or is it only mulitplayer on xbox live? What the campaige limit for xbox live on campaige? 73574fb4-eb9d-4f5f-9b9f-cd26d73f1979
  5. Halo infinite pc controller sensitivity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo infinite pc controller sensitivity: So I’ve been playing halo infinite for about a year and a half now on my PC and I’ve haven’t had much problems but I noticed as of late my PC controller is now very weird because the sensitivity...
  6. Xbox to do a Market push of Halo Infinite and its amazing state.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox to do a Market push of Halo Infinite and its amazing state.: Halo is Xbox’s biggest IPs and it’s no small news that the launch has dragged the game through the mud a lot. However recently and I’d say all of 2023 and starting 2024 Halo infinite is one of the...
  7. halo infinite - infinite stuck

in XBoX Games and Apps
    halo infinite - infinite stuck: Hi all, Alrighty then, i tried to install halo infinite on the game pass. Sadly it doesnt seem to be going that well. I manage to download the game and get it to start but then the fun starts....
  8. halo infinite campaign mode stopped working,

in XBoX Games and Apps
    halo infinite campaign mode stopped working,: halo infinite campaign mode stopped working, it will only allow multiplayer the disc loads perfectly but the opening menu is stuck on multiplayer and the cursor will not move....
  9. Still 100% HALO Infinite Multiplayer Games Hacked

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Still 100% HALO Infinite Multiplayer Games Hacked: I'm in the top 5% of players for Infinite and not one game in the past two months hasn't had a lobby with people using mods. Its ridiculously easy to see who is cheating if you watch their...
  10. I can no longer edit my forge map in halo infinite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can no longer edit my forge map in halo infinite: In halo infinite forge i was just minding my own business when suddenly i was booted off the map i was making. I tried loading back in but it sayed it was copy protected even though i was the one...