My God, So Confusing... Please Help...

Discus and support My God, So Confusing... Please Help... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; OK. I have a new Microsoft account. I want to remove my old MS account from my Xbox and add the new one, keeping all my games, saved data, etc. Does... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by rmdyen, Nov 20, 2022.

1. rmdyen
    rmdyen Guest

OK. I have a new Microsoft account. I want to remove my old MS account from my Xbox and add the new one, keeping all my games, saved data, etc. Does anyone actually know how to do this?!

So, on my Xbox, I added another (my new) account and added a new subscription. To my surprise, all the games etc. I had downloaded under my old account, were also in my new profile?! ****..?! Why are all my games suddenly in my new profile?! And now have I subscribed unnecessarily to another Game Pass..?! And what happens if I delete my original account from the Xbox, will I (probably) lose everything?

Microsoft have made account switching and management soooooooooooooooooo difficult and confusing. Wish I'd bought a PlayStation.

:)

rmdyen, Nov 20, 2022
  2. 9f606b20-6683-46d4-a Win User

Hi. Thanks for that. However, what does it even mean to set the Xbox as the 'Home Console'? As opposed to what? Is that setting or a choice you make? And this is my issue, what determines the 'main account'..? If I add another account how do I make either one the 'main account'..?
  3. 9f606b20-6683-46d4-a Win User

Hi. Thanks. But as I've mentioned previously, what makes one account my 'home account' or not..? What is a 'Home Xbox'..? As opposed to what?
  4. Francia J. Win User

We manage this, you can check by following the steps below:

1. Sign in to your account.

2. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

3. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.

If that account is set as Home Xbox, you'll see a tick on the "My home Xbox"

Also, Home Xbox is like a feature of Xbox wherein you can share all of your games and subscriptions to all profiles logged into the Xbox console that you set as Home Xbox.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  5. Francia J. Win User

We manage this, you can check by following the steps below:

1. Sign in to your account.

2. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

3. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.

If that account is set as Home Xbox, you'll see a tick on the "My home Xbox"

Also, Home Xbox is like a feature of Xbox wherein you can share all of your games and subscriptions to all profiles logged into the Xbox console that you set as Home Xbox.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  6. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Thank you so much for the detailed information. You're seeing the games that you had on your Xbox using your new account because the account itself is logged into the console.

If your old account is set as Home Xbox, you will be able to play your games without any issues on your new account but if your old account is not set as Home Xbox you'll have an error when you attempt to play them.

If you will just remove your account on the Xbox, you will not lose everything. If you will delete the Microsoft account itself, that's the time that you will lose everything on your old account.
Thema:

1. My God, So Confusing... Please Help... - Similar Threads - God Confusing Please

2. God Save A Queen an offense?

in XBoX on Windows
    God Save A Queen an offense?: Why does writing "God Save The Queen" an offense according to Xbox enforcement? I m British, we have a Queen, she passed away last year, who did I offend when I post my grief...
  3. why the **** do i need to delete my god damn microsoft account just to get rid of a xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    why the **** do i need to delete my god damn microsoft account just to get rid of a xbox...: the ''masterminds'' at microsoft decided to make the ''delete xbox account'' feature into a ''delete microsoft account and everything else that it is connected to'' feature and i want it gone as...
  4. God save the XBOX!!!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    God save the XBOX!!!!: Hey yall, serious question here, my husband died over a year ago and the Xbox was his and mine, I'm afraid for the day it expires (stops working entirely) the xbox itself, I dont have his email...
  5. This is not normal and i swear to god i'll sue.

in XBoX Accessibility
    This is not normal and i swear to god i'll sue.: I randomly got my account hacked this morning somehow and i proved my ownership in a Support ticket with the card and all they did was to suspend the account they are telling me "Unfortunately,...
  6. god?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    god?: how can i get more ssd in my xbox? cc2a7fa4-b585-42c8-8f0f-7b4e60a13e80
  7. Someone for gods sake please help me

in XboX Insiders
    Someone for gods sake please help me: I’ve been trying to talk to a real Xbox person fuck that they make it so fucking hard bro fuckkkk anyways I just got a series x and i gotta sign in but the only thing is I can’t because I had a...
  8. The god father the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The god father the game: Can’t Xbox just make it so old disc can be read and played? With out having to go through licensing? For the god father the game just let us play old games don’t upgrade graphics and all just let...
  9. Ancient Gods Part 1 doesn't work (DOOM Eternal)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ancient Gods Part 1 doesn't work (DOOM Eternal): I bought the recent DOOM Eternal Deluxe on the Microsoft Store and it's supposed to come with Ancient Gods DLC part 1 and 2 but mine only came with part 2 and when I try to play part 1 it...
  10. please unban me for the love of god.

in XBoX Accessibility
    please unban me for the love of god.: unban my account LC zova i spent my savings on this account for years and i have nothing but this account that i value everything i own please reinforcement team give me another chance to change....