my giftcard was charged when i tried to change my xbox username, but my username didnt change.

Discus and support my giftcard was charged when i tried to change my xbox username, but my username didnt change. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; so recently i tried changing my username a third time. of course after the first, you have to pay $9.99. this wasnt a problem to me since i had just... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by mista silly, May 12, 2023.

1. mista silly
    mista silly Guest

my giftcard was charged when i tried to change my xbox username, but my username didnt change.

so recently i tried changing my username a third time. of course after the first, you have to pay $9.99. this wasnt a problem to me since i had just got some money on a giftcard i planned to use. i when through the changing process and it said it was successful. only the next day i realized my username was still the same? i checked my transaction history on the card i used and said my card was charged $9.99 for microsoft xbox. is there a way to help me? i really don’t want to try changing it again since i am limited on money as a teenager and have only enough to try one more time.

:)

mista silly, May 12, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Sometimes the system can get saturated and the GT change can take up to 24hrs. I would advice you to give it a day since the change is on your order history.

You can also try deleting your account´s cache to see if the change is made

Delete account Cache

Remove Account:

1. Press the Xbox button.

2. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.

3. Select the account that you want to remove, and then Remove.

4. Close.

Power Cycle:

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.

2. Wait for 5 minutes and then turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.

Add Account:

1. Press the Xbox button.

2. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new.

3. Enter the Email Address and the Password.

4. Read the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept.

5. Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In & Security preferences to add your Microsoft account to your Xbox console again.

After that, check your GT again
  3. Anirban Sarkar1 Win User

I Tried to Change my xbox username But it glitched and changed my username on a account i didnt want it to change on.

Hi FozyDoe,

Thank you for contacting us. My name is Anirban and I'm a Microsoft Ambassador. I'll be happy to help you today.

For your security, please do not provide sensitive information such as product keys, passwords, email addresses and credit card information in this chat.

I'm sorry to say that if you used the free username change then it'll require a fee for it to change again also try to change the username and see if you can get that option to change again or not.

Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/profile/change-xbox-live-gamertag

Kind regards
  4. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Changed my username, but my username didn't change

I appreciate the response!

I'm glad that it is working now! It's possible that there is a bit delay with the sync on the Xbox Live Server.

Stay cool and have an amazing weekend Kayden!

Best regards,
    Darhyl
  5. Kayden Wegleitner Win User

It ended up just needed some time to fix itself
  6. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Kayden! I'm more than happy to help you!

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox gamer tag. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

Kindly confirm the transaction for the Gamertag change. Sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders, from there make sure that the free gamer tag change is showing as "completed".

Then check if you're able to change your gamer tag for free on social.xbox.com

Note: Do not proceed with the gamer tag change if it asks you for a fee.

Try to sign in to account.xbox.com to see if your new gamer tag is showing on your account.

If the issue still persists, try to reach out to Microsoft Xbox Support for further assistance as they have the tools and resources to properly investigate your gamer tag change. You may contact them using the link below:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

For reference link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/cb33ad09-94ff-4d73-a66c-5b7faf46fd81

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
Thema:

1. my giftcard was charged when i tried to change my xbox username, but my username didnt change. - Similar Threads - giftcard was charged

2. If I buy a game on a visa giftcard and end up refunding it will my money?

in XboX Insiders
    If I buy a game on a visa giftcard and end up refunding it will my money?: Will it end up in my bank account or back in my Visa card? Preferably Visa card, if not is there I way I can make it go there? submitted by /u/Plasticbeef777 [link] [comments]
  3. Can you redeem an Xbox giftcard in the microsoft store?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you redeem an Xbox giftcard in the microsoft store?: I don't have a credit card and i wish to buy the "Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC." from the Microsoft Store. Could i buy a physical Xbox gift card and redeem it in the Microsoft store...
  4. My Xbox Giftcard code got too scratched?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox Giftcard code got too scratched?: My Xbox giftcard code got scratched to the point where I can't see the code. Can I get some help? e82c30e0-2f06-4f9e-b77a-a7f07a8ef3cc
  5. Pls I get an Xbox live gold instead of an Xbox Giftcard. How can I sort this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pls I get an Xbox live gold instead of an Xbox Giftcard. How can I sort this: I mistakenly bought an Xbox live gold card instead of the normal Xbox gift card and now I’m finding it difficult to use it.. any help cb48f477-3a5e-4dab-a79c-22228f23b73d
  6. Why does my microsoft rewards page keeps refreshing when I try to redeem my robux giftcard?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my microsoft rewards page keeps refreshing when I try to redeem my robux giftcard?: Everytime I try to confirm my order, it keeps refreshing the page. 891827de-cefa-4c7e-b480-5481ca39b013
  7. I used a giftcard for minecraft bedrock and java, but only got bedrock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I used a giftcard for minecraft bedrock and java, but only got bedrock: the title sums it up pretty much, when I enter the launcher, only bedrock says play, java says buy now. e638992d-ff78-4644-841a-a3c2f1b3565e
  8. can i use and xbox giftcard to buy robux on pc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can i use and xbox giftcard to buy robux on pc?: I tried to use a microsoft store giftcard to buy robux, but when im at checkout it doesn't allow me to use the microsoft gift card, its just not even showing as an option, so i want to know if i...
  9. I redeemed a giftcard on my account but can’t see it in my minecraft game

in XBoX Accessibility
    I redeemed a giftcard on my account but can’t see it in my minecraft game: My son has a different gamertag on the minecraft, but it looks like it should be under my account. I can’t see the coins and winder if it is in a different spot. 30492b63-bd23-467a-a371-b7676cbe4d89
  10. When are the robux giftcards being restocked?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When are the robux giftcards being restocked?: I've been waiting for almost a month, and they aren't back yet. 3891d05c-3266-47db-83f4-bb82977fc316