My games randomly close without warning and sometimes my laptop restarts out of the blue

Discus and support My games randomly close without warning and sometimes my laptop restarts out of the blue in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, I recently bought a new laptop about 1-3 weeks ago but for some reason while I'm playing games I just return to desktop and the game shuts off... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jstn trn, Nov 24, 2022.

1. jstn trn
    jstn trn Guest

My games randomly close without warning and sometimes my laptop restarts out of the blue

Hey, I recently bought a new laptop about 1-3 weeks ago but for some reason while I'm playing games I just return to desktop and the game shuts off entirely but my laptop remains on. In other cases I'll be playing a game and I'll get a restart on my laptop? I've installed the latest drivers and updated windows but it still goes on. Does someone know how to fix this?

[table][tr]Standing screen display size[td]‎15.6 Inches[/td][/tr][tr]Screen Resolution[td]‎1920 x 1080 pixels[/td][/tr][tr]Max Screen Resolution[td]‎1920 x 1080 Pixels[/td][/tr][tr]Processor[td]‎4.5 GHz Intel_Mobile_CPU[/td][/tr][tr]RAM[td]‎16 GB DDR4[/td][/tr][tr]Memory Speed[td]‎4.5 GHz[/td][/tr][tr]Hard Drive[td]‎512 GB SSD[/td][/tr][tr]Graphics Coprocessor[td]‎NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060[/td][/tr][tr]Chipset Brand[td]‎NVIDIA[/td][/tr][tr]Card Description[td]‎Dedicated[/td][/tr][tr]Graphics Card Ram Size[td]‎6 GB[/td][/tr][tr]Wireless Type[td]‎Bluetooth, 802.11ax, 802.11a/g/n/ac[/td][/tr][tr]Number of USB 2.0 Ports[td]‎1[/td][/tr][tr]Number of USB 3.0 Ports[td]‎2[/td][/tr][/table]

I'm not very good at technology so here's the link to the website:

https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/laptops-&-notebooks/gaming-laptops/94931-g5-kd-52au123so?gclid=CjwKCAiApvebBhAvEiwAe7mHSAs1H2CxHzw8Hmvq8DmS4dHxHvpg6n0xgwkLxju4y45PZjgbwrM3iBoC4SUQAvD_BwE

Here's a picture:

My games randomly close without warning and sometimes my laptop restarts out of the blue [​IMG]

:)

jstn trn, Nov 24, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, try to check if you don't have any active antivirus that might be disrupting gameplay, I see that it has an Nvídia card, it has its own graphics capabilities management software, see if it is updated and configured correctly for each application.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Jstn, have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 22H2.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

have-12d35019-4da9-0cb1-ba47-f8b031b712ad

Updates are often seen as optional.

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.
  4. jstn trn Win User

Hi

Sorry for the late response

No matter what I do the problem still remains.
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, something should be broken in the link I sent you.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/whi...

If you have the 21H2 version, see if there are updates available for home edition 22H2, then said try to perform the procedures below.

Using System File Checker in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

chkdsk

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

1 - Type cmd (Command Prompt) in the search bar of the Start menu and then click Run as administrator.

2 - Enter chkdsk /f/x/r/v

Being in use the system will ask if the user wants to check the chosen drive after reboot. Just type S and restart the computer.
  6. jstn trn Win User

Hi,

I’ve done all of that but the problem remains.
Thema:

1. My games randomly close without warning and sometimes my laptop restarts out of the blue - Similar Threads - games randomly close

2. I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...: I ran a stick drift test and it has none so it is something to do with cloud gaming. Anyone have any clue on what's going on and how to fix it? d13755ae-ae21-4815-9147-b9d6e76b5e39
  3. Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X - endlessly loading on start up, freezing randomly, very slow, games will not...: My Xbox will sometimes continuously load on the start up screen for 10-20 minutes maybe more or just won’t load at all. After resetting it multiple times and unplugging it will still sometimes do...
  4. I don't know what is causing random lag on my PC when gaming.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don't know what is causing random lag on my PC when gaming.: Since mid January I have been having a problem with my internet connection while gaming or watching videos. It is only happening to my PC and there is absolutely no issues on other devices...
  5. Xbox series x turns off randomly playing certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x turns off randomly playing certain games: Playing games like Hell let loose, Forza Motorsport, Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I can rule out overheating. It is well ventilated and a new console. Did a hard reset and any other recommendations....
  6. A random overlay just suddenly pops when I'm playing a game on Steam

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A random overlay just suddenly pops when I'm playing a game on Steam: [img] Hi. I have this sudden random overlay pops up on my screen when playing a game from Steam. I thought it was GPU Tweak at first but It wasn't, it wasn't NVIDIA, Steam also. How do you turn...
  7. XBOX ONE X: XBOX 360 games freeze randomly during play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX ONE X: XBOX 360 games freeze randomly during play: Two games, Lego Lord of the Rings and Plants vs Zombies, have randomly froze at different points during play (never the same spot twice). I can return to the Xbox One X homescreen and restart the...
  8. My games keeps randomly closing out to the dashboard with no warning or reason it’s not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My games keeps randomly closing out to the dashboard with no warning or reason it’s not...: Every game that I try to play as a random time when it will just close and go to the dashboard without a warning without a reason it’s very aggravating. I’ve tried to factory reset it. I try to...
  9. Brand new Xbox series x randomly closes games when playing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox series x randomly closes games when playing: We have it stored on its side on the TV stand. It seems to be overheating. It will close out the game and send you to the main screen. There are no error messages. If we move the console to the...
  10. Games Close Randomly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games Close Randomly: Hello, This has been happening since yesterday, everything is up to date on the pc drivers and games and everything and I have never had this issue before. I am in the middle of a game and the...