my games and apps won't update. anyone have any idea in how to fix it?

Discus and support my games and apps won't update. anyone have any idea in how to fix it? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i have tried everything xbox support had linked to me and nothing worked. is there any thing i can do to fix this? d544534b-a916-4fc9-b731-6a64e9afa5cf Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Callum Brown3, Jan 26, 2023.

1. my games and apps won't update. anyone have any idea in how to fix it?

i have tried everything xbox support had linked to me and nothing worked. is there any thing i can do to fix this?

:)

Callum Brown3, Jan 26, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Are you getting an error message or error code whenever you're trying to update your games and apps? If yes, can I have it please?
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I have here steps that we can try, please perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  4. Callum Brown3 Win User

i have tried all of these many times already. nothing has worked for me
  5. AvidFan2018 Win User

TV catchup apps won't play videos.

Update on this - I tried installing 5onDemand and this app won't even load.

This is a brand new Xbox One, out of the box, and the functionality is useless for an entertainment console.

What are my options? Anyone have ANY idea?
  6. RespawnForLives Win User

External Hard Drive Automatic Updates?

Mine do not, any ideas on how to fix this?

I have auto updates turned on, I have a 4tb HDD that is powered. My games and apps do not auto-update. I have even factory reset my Xbox one. Please help.
Thema:

1. my games and apps won't update. anyone have any idea in how to fix it? - Similar Threads - games apps won't

2. The PC Xbox app won't let me download games to drive D

in XBoX on Windows
    The PC Xbox app won't let me download games to drive D: I tried going into install options and switching the default drive from C to D but it just switches back to C after clicking it. So whenever I download a game and choose drive D the error...
  3. My Xbox app on PC won't receive neither party invitations nor game invitations.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox app on PC won't receive neither party invitations nor game invitations.: So I've been having a lot o trouble with my Xbox app on PC. When my friends try to invite me to their party or game I don't receive any notification, nor invitation, to the Xbox app on my PC,...
  4. My xbox one loads to dashboard but non of my games or apps show up. Also settings won't load

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one loads to dashboard but non of my games or apps show up. Also settings won't load: I have had my xbox one for a while it was loading a couple of days ago. However the next time I tried to boot it up it loaded to the dashboard but showing no games or apps just the top icons and...
  5. xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed: I recently remembered that game pass carries over to my pc as well so i attempted to download a gamepass game, state of decay 2. As i type this out, the download speed hasn't reached over 1 MB/s...
  6. I want to install games on my (D:) drive but the Xbox app won't let me select it. What can...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to install games on my (D:) drive but the Xbox app won't let me select it. What can...: I've been trying to install games on the (D:) drive through the Xbox app but when I try to, it doesn't let me select it and defaults back to the (C:) drive. Does anyone know why it's doing this?...
  7. Won't let me format for games and apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Won't let me format for games and apps: I have a Seagate game drive for 2 terabytes that is cleaned of everything but it doesn't want to connect to my xbox for formating games and apps it works perfectly fine for media but not the...
  8. Xbox app games won't download, but same Xbox games on steam downloads just fine

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app games won't download, but same Xbox games on steam downloads just fine: Why does the Xbox app not let me download games like Halo on certain harddrives, but on steam it's completely fine downloading the same exact game? Why can you just make Xbox stuff work on the PC...
  9. "We can't save more data for this game or app" won't go away

in XBoX on Consoles
    "We can't save more data for this game or app" won't go away: I keep getting this message everytime I open a game on my Xbox Series X I've deleted games and deleted save data but nothing has fixed it 8018d693-54ac-4bd2-9175-3a80a7444e12
  10. Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch: I cannot get any game to launch and the only app that will start is Netflix. Most tiles just "ding" when you touch them, but the Store says "there is a problem" and Xbox Report a Problem says...