My Gamertag was Force Changed After 4 Years of Ownership

Discus and support My Gamertag was Force Changed After 4 Years of Ownership in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I know this is a touchy subject to enter on a Forum page but I honestly just need some opinions and feedback on this if you would't mind. My Gamertag... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Murda-F4938E77-C8D9-40A4-, Feb 9, 2020.

1. My Gamertag was Force Changed After 4 Years of Ownership

I know this is a touchy subject to enter on a Forum page but I honestly just need some opinions and feedback on this if you would't mind. My Gamertag "Murda" (Just those 5 letters, no numbers or anything) that I acquired in May of 2016 when Xbox
    re-released almost one million inactive Gamertags to the public was recently hit with an enforcement and Force Changed on February 7th, 2020, due to being "offensive" apparently. Of course, I've already taken the steps to try to get this matter resolved by
    filing a case review on Enforcement.Xbox.Com which is currently under way. My New Gamertag that they replaced "Murda" with is now "PrettyPup998133" I know.. Hilarious isn't it? The Problem is "Murda" is much more than just a Gamertag for me.. It's literally
    my brand. I've been Streaming on Mixer for over 2 years @XboxMurda and we have over 23,000 Followers now. My Xbox account itself has almost 150,000 Followers to-date. The reason why I'm giving you these numbers is to demonstrate the impact and the community
    I've created since having my Xbox account and Streaming with it as well. It is something I am very very proud of and blessed to have in my life. Everybody knows me as Murda because that's been my Gamertag for the past 4 Years now. It's literally heart-breaking
    to see something that's an actual part of my life be stripped away from me like this. I feel like because I have such a mass Following on the Xbox and Mixer platforms together I'm being targeted and more prone to receiving False/Mass reports on my account
    by other people. Why would my Gamertag be flagged after 4 long years? I'm literally baffled. I'm hoping my Gametag can be restored to me in it's original state. As I said previously, I would love to read some comments and feedback on this matter because I
    honestly don't see "Murda" being the least bit "offensive" at all. Thank you for taking your time to read this.

:)

Murda-F4938E77-C8D9-40A4-, Feb 9, 2020
  2. kev edin Win User

Microsoft sure seem to be coming down on gamer tags . I understand what there doing , and there are far more worse gamer tags out there 🤔
  3. playgirlkayls Win User

Although i personally dont find it offensive i can totally see why other would. Its very close to murder and some would find this unsettling. Sorry to hear about the impact its had on you.
  4. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

Yeah I have definitely seen much worse. Pretty pup, man there is so much irony for that to be the change though. I think your right, seems the more you grow with content the more people tend to give grief. Unfortunate that things like that can happen. I
    wish you luck with your appeal. If it wasnt for all the numbers pretty pup might be a fun and hilarious gamer tag to go to.
  5. ZenKiller08 Win User

I've seen all sorts of GTs that are way worse than yours my friend, I hope you get this resolved. Maybe hit up Xbox support on Twitter too? My wife thinks your new GT is awesome and you should just rebrand everything to PrettyPup lol.
  6. Reactor Leak SF Win User

Well until the enforcement team gets back to ya, the ONLY thing I can think of is "Murda" is close enough to "murder" where someone (i.e. another player) could've reported it as offensive to them. There's been gamertags I've heard of that seem even more
    innocent than yours that have gotten flagged because maybe in another country that word or words mean something way worse than you can imagine. I can only imagine how this will feel if the switch has to stay since you've been using it for such a long time
    to build a brand, but unfortunately you're kind of a the mercy of other players reactions' and the enforcement team on this one

I hope you can get through this and keep the name
Thema:

1. My Gamertag was Force Changed After 4 Years of Ownership - Similar Threads - Gamertag was Force

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. how do i get my gamertag back

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do i get my gamertag back: I lost my gamertag that was over 12 characters and i need it back i have had it for over 19 years 29154ee5-f75e-498f-bf37-96938065bae1
  4. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  5. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  6. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  7. How do I reset gamertag without paying the $10

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I reset gamertag without paying the $10: I don’t want to pay this much money a44ece0d-7a8d-4b08-b3ec-ceae91c5d9d7
  8. I believe my gamertag was force named changed, it does not at all violate or even...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I believe my gamertag was force named changed, it does not at all violate or even...: My gamertag is "Pills" not spelled any differently; I believe I was forced name changed but have yet to see a notification about it. Some people have told me they will get my gamertag banned...
  9. I get forced to have 4 numbers in gamertag, even though name isn’t taken

in XBoX Accessibility
    I get forced to have 4 numbers in gamertag, even though name isn’t taken: So I have two microsoft accounts. One setup for minecraft, one for almost all other games i play. The thing is, I have a new gamertag I use on other platforms, and so while I try to change my...
  10. forced gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    forced gamertag change: my gamertag was forced change a couple months back and i’ve recently made an appeal but there’s just nothing under my gamertag change enforcement even tho it’s been serval hours. i don’t...