My gamertag isn't changing

Discus and support My gamertag isn't changing in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I changed my gamertag like 60 hours ago but it still hasn't changed. It has changed on the gamertag changing website but not on my xbox profile or in... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Kuchi O, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Kuchi O
    Kuchi O Guest

I changed my gamertag like 60 hours ago but it still hasn't changed. It has changed on the gamertag changing website but not on my xbox profile or in game. Please help

:)

Kuchi O, Jan 31, 2023
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello Kuchi, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your change.

It can take up to a week for it to fully take effect across your account. To help speed things up you can try deleting then redownloading your gamertag. You can read how to do that via this link https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...
  3. The of gentil Win User

Change gamertag

But if i want change my gamertag i must pay and it isn't me change the gamertag
  4. David Wirsching Win User

Why isn't my gamertag changing?

Hello Vitaliy L, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

If you have paid to change your gamertag on Xbox, but the change has not been applied and your old username still appears, here are some possible reasons and solutions you can try:

Wait a little longer: Sometimes gamertag changes can take a while to fully process. You may need to wait an additional period of time before the change is correctly reflected in your account. Make sure you have followed all the necessary steps during the gamertag change process and check if there are any notifications or messages indicating that the change is in process.

Restart your console: Try restarting your Xbox console. Sometimes a reboot can help refresh the information and make the gamertag change apply correctly. Unplug the console from the power source, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in and turn it on.

Check your Internet connection: Make sure you have a stable Internet connection. Gamertag changes may require an active connection to process correctly. Verify that your connection is solid and that there are no connectivity issues.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards.
  5. xSSxSoulXDemon Win User

Stolen account and I can't DO ANYTHINGGG ABOUT IT!!!

this isn't even my gamertag.......the person changed that as well with my money
  6. WPAK Win User

Dellaphonttii, trying to get my old game tag back that I had switched for my godson who didn't like

Thema:

1. My gamertag isn't changing - Similar Threads - gamertag isn't changing

2. Why isn't my gamertag changing?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't my gamertag changing?: I have payed 20 dollars to change my gamertag TWICE, but it somehow doesn't change and my old username still remains and I've been waiting for a while, and it still hasn't changed. I need help....
  3. My gamertag isn't showing on my account or profile. What do I do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamertag isn't showing on my account or profile. What do I do?: My profile is showing an old gamertag but not the one I use. Wondering what do I do? 3c0f5590-24a4-4846-a118-69b945d0cfeb
  4. I paid to change my gamertag to something that it said was available and it isn't the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I paid to change my gamertag to something that it said was available and it isn't the...: I spent the money to change my gamertag to something without anything but letters to a name that I wanted and it showed that the way it would be displayed was without any numbers or anything but...
  5. This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one.

in XBoX Accessibility
    This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one.: Why is my gamertag not allowed, I contacted xbox by phone and they couldn't tell me. I even searched other gamertags with hell in it, and seen tons, I even checked to see if my gamertag is taken...
  6. This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one

in XBoX Accessibility
    This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one: I tried to change my gamertag to velosobad but it says this gamertag isn't allowed. But when I typed in bad it allowed me to change it to that (with # numbers) but when I tried velo with any word...
  7. Gamertag isn't allowed. What's wrong with my name?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag isn't allowed. What's wrong with my name?: Hello everyone, I want to change my gamertag to MaliEbbae but it said this gamertag is not allowed. I can use this gamertag on others platform ex. Steam, Epic, PSN, Origin, Ubi but except...
  8. Why isn't my 10+ year old gamertag linked to my Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why isn't my 10+ year old gamertag linked to my Microsoft account: Finally got my hands on a series x and during setup, i signed in without a hitch but when I did, it assigned me a generated gamertag and I have no gamerscore, friends, history or anything...
  9. "This gamertag isn't allowed" for an acceptable gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    "This gamertag isn't allowed" for an acceptable gamertag: I want to change my gamertag to one I had a few years ago on an old account, so I got an agent on live chat to help me get access to that old account so I could swap the gamertag out and free it...
  10. I cannot change my gamertag because "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one."

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my gamertag because "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one.": Hi, I have the ability to change my name however I am not allowed too. Whenever I attempt to make my gamertag "", I check the avalibility and it says "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different...