My GamerTag is not being accepted "gamer tag isint allowed"

Discus and support My GamerTag is not being accepted "gamer tag isint allowed" in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; i dont know why xbox name changing system wont allow me to use FLENFLEW as my user name.it dosent allow FLEN word in your user name is there any... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by FLEN FLEW, Feb 4, 2023.

1. FLEN FLEW
    FLEN FLEW Guest

i dont know why xbox name changing system wont allow me to use FLENFLEW as my user name.it dosent allow FLEN word in your user name is there any solution to fix it?

:)

FLEN FLEW, Feb 4, 2023
  2. FLEN FLEW Win User

Ok then if i change my name to smth very different and after some time to change it to the name i want i will have to pay a fee right? Which i dont have :(
  3. FLEN FLEW Win User

Ok thank you for very quick support
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I apologize but according to Xbox support:

"If you receive a message that says a gamertag is unavailable, this means that you'll need to try another. The gamertag that you're trying to create is either inappropriate for the Xbox service or can't be used at this time."

This means that as of the moment, you can't use the Gamertag and you may need to choose a different one.

For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  5. Francia J. Win User

I apologize but with changes on our account it needs to be made by us and if it's showing as not allowed, there is no one that can bypass it.
  6. ngocphi Win User

I don't think thata the issue

Since your current name is similar

Xbox is probably trying to tell you you can't use the name because you are already using it

Flen flew is the same as flenflew

It's ro avoid mixups not to mention attempting that would incur a hashtag since you already using the same name

You would have to change it twice

Once to something completely different then once again to your choice name

Doing what you are attempting is attempting to bypass that filter

Even if successful it would only incur the hashtag because you already took the name

The system does not see spaces or caps as different this is to avoid confusion

When searching for names you must be context specific however for.naming you have to careful with context
Thema:

1. My GamerTag is not being accepted "gamer tag isint allowed" - Similar Threads - GamerTag being accepted

2. I've never changed my microsoft gaming gamertag, yet I'm being charged to change it

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've never changed my microsoft gaming gamertag, yet I'm being charged to change it: I've been trying to change my gamertag on microsoft gaming from the one I've used since I've made the account. I'm aware that the first change should be free, but it's not giving me the option....
  3. gamertag taken by me and can't be used by me.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    gamertag taken by me and can't be used by me.: Basically what happened is I tried signing in onto my switch with my Microsoft account And when I did that I created my gamertag But there are some issues and I somehow accidentally closed myself...
  4. Accidentally change my gamertag and missed a character. Can it be changed for free?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Accidentally change my gamertag and missed a character. Can it be changed for free?: My gamertag is nlighting518 because I missed the n after light. I was wondering since it's the same thing if I can change it to . I cant also use 518 because of the 12 character rule. So I wish to...
  5. If I change my gamertag will the old one that I just switched from be unavailable for use...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I change my gamertag will the old one that I just switched from be unavailable for use...: For some backstory, back in 2015/2016 I got 2 "og" gamertags when Microsoft made them all available by resetting the old accounts not in use anymore. Earlier today, I tried to swap the gamertags...
  6. How long does it take for an Xbox gamertag to be changed?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How long does it take for an Xbox gamertag to be changed?: I changed my gamertag nearly a day and a half ago but it hasn't been changed. I was still charged. Google says 24-48 hours but now I'm confused. 5a98cbab-72be-4576-9b2f-5077c725b537
  7. Xbox gamertag suddenly appears to be in Chinese

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox gamertag suddenly appears to be in Chinese: I started getting ads for a bank here in Canada all in Chinese which was a bit odd. I noticed today that it could be because of the fact that my gamertag is suddenly entirely in Chinese...
  8. Can a gamertag be recovered

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can a gamertag be recovered: I have an issue regarding an old Microsoft account or gamertag I'm trying to recover, when I reach the point at the end it sends me a code to an old mobile number I no longer have, how else can i...
  9. If I change my gamertag on the web, will the new gamertag be seen consoles as well?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I change my gamertag on the web, will the new gamertag be seen consoles as well?: If I change my gamertag on the web, will the new gamertag be seen consoles as well? 04dd4493-444d-4c83-bd59-a0c177af7791
  10. Account Hacked! Want to move XBOX gamertag and DATA to new email. how can it be done!?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account Hacked! Want to move XBOX gamertag and DATA to new email. how can it be done!?: PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! I recently had both me email address hacked and my information stolen. As a result i will be closing my account to start fresh (after a pc wipe etc) BUT, i REALLY REALLY...