My game won't update

Discus and support My game won't update in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've been playing NBA2K20 for about a week now, when suddenly it's requiring me to update the game. For some reason it's not starting, and an... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AustinJames9, Nov 11, 2022.

1. AustinJames9
    AustinJames9 Guest

My game won't update

I've been playing NBA2K20 for about a week now, when suddenly it's requiring me to update the game. For some reason it's not starting, and an "installation stopped" pops up even though I have enough internal storage, and I have the settings on internal storage, instead of my USB which doesn't have enough storage left. I tried to uninstall it completely, then re-install it, but it automatically takes me to the game update required screen.

:)

AustinJames9, Nov 11, 2022
  2. Mister Fitzer Win User

My games won't update!

What is the exact error message you're encoutnering? And how often is this occurring? What 'item' did you have to delete last time to resolve this issue?
  3. CrazY1985 Win User

My games won't update

Have you tried clearing your cache by holding down the power button on your console for 10 seconds?
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

My game won't update

Thank you, this can be a bit odd, but try this:

A. go to Settings > Language and Locale > Locale

Once there select temporarily English (US) - United States or English (UK) - United Kingdom

Once the console restarts, verify if you're able to update the game

B. go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings

Once you’re inside the Advanced Settings menu, go to DNS settings and select Manual from the list of available options.

When you get to the next screen, enter 8.8.8.8 in the box associated with the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 in the Secondary DNS box.

Once the default DNS addresses have been changed, restart your console and see if the issue has been resolved at the next console startup.

If that doesn't work use 1.1.1.1 as primary and 1.0.0.1 as secondary
  5. Castellus Zemi Win User

My games won't update

I would suggest trying a power cycle first. To do this: You will need to press and HOLD the power button on your CONSOLE until the LIGHT turns OFF. Next you will need to unplug your console from the wall and wait 2 minutes. After the 2 minutes are up restart
    the console.

If that doesn't fix the issue I would suggest uninstalling the game and reinstalling it.

Hope this helps, Happy Gaming!!!
  6. AustinJames9 Win User

My game won't update

Xbox one, and the issue is only with NBA2K20. I had no issues updating Lego Batman.
Thema:

My game won't update

1. My game won't update - Similar Threads - game won't update

2. Game update won't download!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game update won't download!: My update won't download despite console pulling in date. It's pulling about 300 mb an hour but none of that is going to the update! Please help, I had a longer description but it wouldn't submit....
  3. My brand new Xbox X won't update just loaded games

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new Xbox X won't update just loaded games: My new Xbox X loads game from disc but then stalls on 1st update so game unplayable. It has done this to 2 different games. I have networked games across form my 360 and they play fine. Network...
  4. Why won't any of my games update after install to be able to play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't any of my games update after install to be able to play?: I just got the Xbox x series, my first game worked like a charm, so I bought 4 more games (discs). I can get them installed but before I can play them from the disc I have to update them but none...
  5. xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed: I recently remembered that game pass carries over to my pc as well so i attempted to download a gamepass game, state of decay 2. As i type this out, the download speed hasn't reached over 1 MB/s...
  6. my game was install won't launch after windows update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my game was install won't launch after windows update: hello, I have problem with my game that I have install from steam after launch windows update. Before windows update, i play that game like normal. then after windows update, it can't launch. I...
  7. My Series S won't update Microsoft Store or install new games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series S won't update Microsoft Store or install new games.: So i was having a glitch of not being able to update Microsoft Store, so I factory reset my console, first with keeping my games and apps, then, with delete everything but now I can't install...
  8. Why won't the 2014 updates apply to my series x? I've gone so far as to purchase the game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't the 2014 updates apply to my series x? I've gone so far as to purchase the game...: Refer to the question. I really need help. d3a20978-1e9a-46f2-a2fc-dda6ff22ad25
  9. Since the latest Windows 11 update two days ago my Solitaire games won't open.

in XBoX on Windows
    Since the latest Windows 11 update two days ago my Solitaire games won't open.: Since the latest Windows 11 update two days ago my Solitaire games won't open on either of my PCs. The screen shows the wheel going around non-stop. My account is up to date and shows my correct...
  10. Why won't Microsoft store update games the same time as xbox gets the,?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Microsoft store update games the same time as xbox gets the,?: Tired of waiting 24+ hours for a game that is online only to be updated to newest version so it can be played again. Ark servers updated to 962.1 yesterday and still the next day Microsoft store...