My game refuses to download

Discus and support My game refuses to download in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I've attempted to download Halo Infinite recently cause my friends want me to try some stuff on it, but no matter how much I try it refuses to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ✵ ���������� ✵, Dec 5, 2022.

1. My game refuses to download

So I've attempted to download Halo Infinite recently cause my friends want me to try some stuff on it, but no matter how much I try it refuses to download...

1. Halo Infinite w/ Campaign is around 53GB, I have 1.4TB of space left so I have room for such download

2. Everytime I attempt to download Halo Infinite, it seems it intentionally gets low download speed which in turn causes the installation to stop.

3. In rare cases after attempted download it'll disappear from the queue and show up in my "Games" section like it was downloaded. But when selected it gives me this:
    "If you have the storage device or the disc, use that
    Otherwise, install Halo Infinite from Microsoft Store on Xbox One . (0x8007048f)"

4. I attempted to download other games to see if it was just a internet speed problem but other games downloaded just fine, with acceptable download speed

5. I've hard reset my Xbox One to see if that would fix said issue but to no avail

6. I've also checked if there is any system updates that needed to be done, but my Xbox is completely up-to-date

So yeah all in all I'm stumped on what I should do

:)

✵ ���������� ✵, Dec 5, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Mate, you probably have an external hard drive.

Remove it from the console, and install the game only on the internal HD.

See if the error persists.

If it continues, perform this test below

Alright, let's try this here then

Press and hold the power button on your Xbox for 10 seconds, wait for it to turn off. Unplug it. Now wait 1 minute before turning it on.

Configuration>Network>Advanced Settings>DNS Settings>Manual>Primary 1.1.1.1 and Secondary 1.0.0.1

Open the panel by pressing the Xbox button in the center of the controller.

Scroll right on the panel to the System area.

Select Settings.

Select Network.

Select Network Settings.

Select NAT Test Type.

Tell me what appears on this test, please

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. NoahJones_527 Win User

Video Game was approved for purchase but has been pending for 10 hours

The order is still pending. The purchase went through but the game is refusing to show up or download. Thank you for trying to help but this issue is refusing to be fixed
  4. IXarxies Win User

Game refuses to download 100%

Was trying to install it to my ExHDD because internal storage was full but i moved a game or two across to the external drive and tried downloading it straight to the internal storage instead. And it finally worked after all this time! Why is that? Every
    other game I've downloaded, whether its a game i just bought or something I've decided to re-download never had this trouble but this is the exception... Weird!
  5. QUEENMISFITS Win User

Game refuses to download 100%

delete the game from your xbox then reinstall it again it should fix the issue
  6. Sun Khou Win User

Game is completely refusing to download

Hi Isaak Miller

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Upon reading the description you have posted, it seems that you have an issue with Xbox wherein you would like to get some help with your current problem. As you were unable to complete or your games refused to be downloaded on your Xbox one console.

We understand, how important it is for you to download games on your Xbox one console. That is why we will do our very best to provide you with the best possible options that you can try.

Let’s work together in finding the best solution to this issue.

For me to better understand the issue, I’d like to ask a few questions:

• When did this issue occurred?

• What initial troubleshooting steps have you already tried so far?

• Have you already tried the troubleshooting steps provided from this support article link: Troubleshoot game or app installation problems on your Xbox console | Xbox Support?

• If possible, kindly please provide a screenshot/screen recording of the problem. In order for us to further investigate about this matter.

In the meantime, we would like you to provide us with some answers first to the questions above. In order for us to provide you with a more accurate solution.

We look forward to your reply,

Sincerely

Khou Sun

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. My game refuses to download - Similar Threads - game refuses download

2. Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....: Urgent Attention Needed: Persistent Disc Reading Issue on Xbox Series X Dear Microsoft Support Team, I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to address a recurring issue with my...
  3. I need help. For some reason my Xbox one refuses to open games and apps.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help. For some reason my Xbox one refuses to open games and apps.: For some reason my 7 (maybe) year old Xbox one won’t start up apps or games saying “for some reason [x] took too long to open”. I tried power restarting it (I think that was the name for it) I...
  4. Cloud Gaming Refusing to Start on One Game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud Gaming Refusing to Start on One Game.: When I attempt to open a game on cloud gaming, it immediately gives me a “Failed to start cloud gaming session” prompt without attempting to communicate with servers. I have internet connection,...
  5. The Modern Warfare 3 Cross-Gen bundle game refuses to work on my Xbox One S.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Modern Warfare 3 Cross-Gen bundle game refuses to work on my Xbox One S.: Hey, I am having some trouble being able to run the New Call of Duty game on my Xbox one S. I have purchased the disc version (making sure it was the cross gen bundle) and for some reason it still...
  6. Game refuses to load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game refuses to load: I have redownloaded this game 3 times. And after every install, I’ll get a syncing data screen, then developer screen, than immediately go to homepage. Does anyone know what’s going on?...
  7. (0x87e1000c) Game is corrupt but refuses to UNinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    (0x87e1000c) Game is corrupt but refuses to UNinstall: Hello there. I had A 200+gb and a 112 gb version of Call of Duty: Warzone/MW2 somehow (both are digital), and when I start them at first they both ran with no issue. I tried to delete them both...
  8. Why does Game Pass PC CONSTANTLY refuse to launch games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Game Pass PC CONSTANTLY refuse to launch games?: This started not long after Starfield launched. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence, but since then games will randomly refuse to launch, and I'll see a generic "Something went wrong" error: [img]...
  9. Game is completely refusing to download

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game is completely refusing to download: I’ve been having an multiple issues with my Xbox one s as of recently but one I just cannot stand is the fact that my installations simply do not want to download, at first it appears in the...
  10. Xbox refuses to update or download games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox refuses to update or download games: I have factory reset my xbox (multiple times), I have power cycled my wifi (multiple times), I have tried wired and wireless connection, wifi works fine with everything else, I have tried soft and...