My game library is not being properly shared with my family members! :(

Discus and support My game library is not being properly shared with my family members! :( in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Ok so i recently upgraded my GP ultimate subscriptions for me and my kids to a family account (allowing me to add 4 out of my 5 sons). The problem is,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by I7emesis, Mar 14, 2023.

1. I7emesis
    I7emesis Guest

Ok so i recently upgraded my GP ultimate subscriptions for me and my kids to a family account (allowing me to add 4 out of my 5 sons). The problem is, my game library isnt being shared properly. I own Dark Souls 1, 2 and 3 ... but when my son logs into his profile (he is added to the family group) he cannot play it. It just says "Buy $68" ?! Am i missing something here? The whole point of me bringing my kids into my account is that they can play games i own!

:)

I7emesis, Mar 14, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Just a friendly reminder though that setting up a family setting does not mean that the game and subscriptions will be shared to their account, it is a feature where you can manage a child account.

To get this fixed, you need to set your account as Home Xbox on the console in that way all profiles logged in to the console will be able to use your subscriptions and games.

"1. Sign in to your account.

2. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

3. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.

4. Check "Make this as My Home Xbox"."

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. I7emesis Win User

Thanks Francia.... I guess the new family gamepass didn't do what i expected. I still have to buy a game 5 times for the kids to all play it. :( It's really ridiculous to have to do that. A digital game - A family ... it should be sharable. These are not mates ... not strangers, I'm not passing it round ... these are kids in MY house and if i get a new game (let's say it's $80 .... I end up buying it for myself and then for my kids to play it I STILL have to buy it 5 more times ... $400 for a game to be played in one household isn't great. It's costing me literally thousands of dollars a year! :( When the family pass stated that the other accounts even get access to DLC ... that's not quite true - it's DLC IF it's a part of gamepass games but if you buy something it's not sharable.

Sorry i'm just frustrated as it's taken over a week to get the family account fully setup (had days of issues adding two of my kids and one of them cant be added because it's capped to 4 accounts plus the lead account.

Apologies - It's not your fault but i cant be the only one who is frustrated at this.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Oh, if this is the family game pass, it's different, but what you will be able to share is just the game pass library and not the games that you own. I'm sorry for that.

As per the Xbox support site:

"With the Friends & Family plan, all five members enjoy the benefits of Game Pass Ultimate, with their own unique access to all Xbox Game Pass Ultimate games, content, and benefits, regardless of what device they play on. All the people you invite can play at the same time—you can even play together in the same game. Plus, you can include friends and family outside your household."

For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptio...
  5. Habenero Win User

"Ten Family Members" finally explained for xbox Gold on Xbox One

Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family
    member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given
    time.

. Sorry can't paste in the editor on my phone.
  6. WayneHixson Win User

Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere

from Neowin site today:

"Medhi also clarified the situation regarding the sharing of your Xbox One game library with up to ten "family members", despite not being able to give all the details at this stage. According to him, a "family member" doesn't actually have to live in your
    house - they could be 3,000 miles away - and you'll be able to link/add Xbox Live accounts to access your shared game library, although only one person can play a copy of a shared game at the same time."
Thema:

1. My game library is not being properly shared with my family members! :( - Similar Threads - game library being

2. Xcloud WILL ANYONE EVER PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME LIBRARY THEY OWN ALREADY ON THE CLOUD ANYTIME...

in XboX Insiders
    Xcloud WILL ANYONE EVER PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME LIBRARY THEY OWN ALREADY ON THE CLOUD ANYTIME...: WILL ANYONE EVER PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME LIBRARY THEY OWN ALREADY ON THE CLOUD ANYTIME ANYWHERE??? WHY IS THIS NOT AVAILABLE??? submitted by /u/Puzzleheaded_Ring638 [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox game not in Xbox app library pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game not in Xbox app library pc: I own rainbow six siege complete edition on xbox. I am currently on a pc and it is not showing up in my xbox app library. I guess its something to do with the version I purchased. Is there anyway...
  4. Why can’t i see my game in my full library that was downloaded on an external hard drive...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t i see my game in my full library that was downloaded on an external hard drive...: So I had my copy of Lego Star Wars the Skywalker Saga downloaded on my external hard drive as well as my copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 but that was the disc version and I could redownload Red Dead...
  5. Digital Games Expiry and removal from Microsoft Library

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital Games Expiry and removal from Microsoft Library: If I purchase a game, and you remove this game from you Microsoft library, will I be able to download and play it?, or I will not be able to download it as it is not in the library?, that affects...
  6. Game no longer in Library after switching to a new PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game no longer in Library after switching to a new PC: Hello all, about one year ago, I bought Microsoft Flight Simulator and activated it. Played a lot even over the year, and even bough some hardware for it, even though my PC was rather at the...
  7. Why can't I see my full library of games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I see my full library of games?: I can't see my full library of games I tried resetting it and powering it off and on I tried turning off and on my internet and when I go into my full library of games it says "We're having...
  8. why does my steam game not show in my xbox library on pc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does my steam game not show in my xbox library on pc.: I downloaded the game grounded on steam but its having crash issues, so i tried to use the xbox pc app to repair it but i could not find it in the library. Does anyone know how to help?...
  9. I bought Modern Warfare 3 but I am not seeing it in my games library

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Modern Warfare 3 but I am not seeing it in my games library: I bought Modern Warfare 3 online but when I press to install it, it pops up with a dialogue box asking to remote install it. It is not showing up in my xbox app library, but I can see it in my...
  10. Hi there, wondering if anyone has had trouble with games disappearing off the library?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi there, wondering if anyone has had trouble with games disappearing off the library?: I’ve got a day one XB1 and had day one game like Ryse Son of Rome and Dead Rising 3. These games are no longer there and I’m now having to buy them again. Tried logging in and out, restarting my...