My game just take the half of the screen

Discus and support My game just take the half of the screen in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, so recently I just got some games installed. But whenever I play it, the game just won't go into fullscreen, instead, it just takes half of the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AriaSena, May 1, 2022.

1. AriaSena
    AriaSena Guest

Hello, so recently I just got some games installed. But whenever I play it, the game just won't go into fullscreen, instead, it just takes half of the screen and just glitches around. And when I put a game and let it stay on a screen and I close it, my screen just burned out. This problem bothers not just a single game, this problem bothers my 3 games, and I don't know what to do with it. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
    My game just take the half of the screen [​IMG]

:)

AriaSena, May 1, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Got it. Maybe uninstalling and installing them again can solve the problem.

Please test with new games or reinstalling these games and see what happens.
  3. AriaSena Win User

I tried to use the Win+up button but it doesn't work, and I don't have any button on my monitor. But when I launched the game it seems like it just pulls up the entire screen, not just the game itself.
    [​IMG]
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

I already saw two people with this problem. One of them was using an outdated graphic card driver and the other was using a Dual Monitor setup, but every application opened in full screen was showing half screen, not only games.

When you start a game on full-screen (and it opens on half screen), try to press Win + Up Arrow to try to maximize the game or try to open your monitor Settings (using the buttons on your monitor) to see if you can change something.
  5. AriaSena Win User

It seems like the settings to do it are not showing up. Does this mean that I am not using the dual monitor setup? Because as far as I remember, I have never used multiple displays before.
    [​IMG]
  6. AriaSena Win User

My laptop's resolution is 1920x1080, and the game is using 1920x1080 too, I tried minimise the resolution, it didn't change anything. The result is still the same.
Thema:

1. My game just take the half of the screen - Similar Threads - game half screen

2. On the Xbox series X, half of the screen won’t display on the TV for certain games. How can...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On the Xbox series X, half of the screen won’t display on the TV for certain games. How can...: [img] Here is a picture. It happens with Far Cry and PuBG. Fortnite and other games work fine. abbf130c-cf13-4c1d-9e41-e0e5f7e4c654
  3. Trying to transfer a game from xbox 1 to xbox s and stops half ways

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to transfer a game from xbox 1 to xbox s and stops half ways: We are transferring a game fro xbox 1 to xbox s and it downloads 1/2 the way and will not go any further 1783b3d0-f156-476e-9caf-41812d4d2da0
  4. Xbox Game Bar showing Valve Source Engine games as "Half Life" instead of Team Fortress 2...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar showing Valve Source Engine games as "Half Life" instead of Team Fortress 2...: I need help trying to fix this because before it would always show the game but now it shows every source engine game as half life instead of the actual game's title. If anyone knows how to fix...
  5. I got the Xbox Game Pass but I can't install half for the games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got the Xbox Game Pass but I can't install half for the games: So I recently got the game pass to try out some games but could only download 1 of them (Sea Of Thieves). I also wanted to download Farming Simulator 2022 but ran into a error to download cycle...
  6. Half my games on Xbox Game Pass won't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Half my games on Xbox Game Pass won't work: So I had this issue earlier this month and had to call customer support and screenshare and it ended up eventually getting fixed. i wish I knew what they did but him and I both were trying things...
  7. Game pass for PC not showing half the games promised to be on game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass for PC not showing half the games promised to be on game pass: When going on the web page for xbox gamepass, you see titles like the hitman trilogy, dishonored, rage 2, etc. I could only find half the roster of games compared to what I was shown I would be...
  8. Lower half of screen flickering only when in game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lower half of screen flickering only when in game: For whatever reason, my Xbox One X started acting up. When I'm in the home screen, everything seems fine. As soon as I choose a game and put the disc in, the lower half of the screen constantly...
  9. Current game wallpaper on home screen - only showing top half

in XBoX on Consoles
    Current game wallpaper on home screen - only showing top half: One of the things I was excited about with the Xbox One Creator's Update was that it would display the currently played/selected game's wallpaper on your home screen. However, when I set my home...
  10. The game is displayed on half the screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    The game is displayed on half the screen: Hi, my console is connected to a conventional (non-LCD or LED) TV via composite cable. In the settings console have a normal TV (not widescreen). Run the game Resident Evil 4. But the game is...