my game is being so dumb please help

Discus and support my game is being so dumb please help in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; every time i try to install my gtav game on my xbox 360 it gets stuck on 1187 mb so i go to the home screen then to the storage and it says corrupt... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by blakethurman, Apr 27, 2022.

1. blakethurman
    blakethurman Guest

every time i try to install my gtav game on my xbox 360 it gets stuck on 1187 mb

so i go to the home screen then to the storage and it says corrupt

i havent played the game in 2 years and i dont know what to do

i want to install the game to the hard drive but as i said every time i try it freezes up and the says its a corrupt file please help

:)

blakethurman, Apr 27, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, blakethurman. Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Community expert user. I'll be happy to assist you today.

First, I'd recommend you to remove and add your account again and do a power cycle:

Remove Account:

​​​1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts. ​​

3. Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm. ​​​

4. When you're finished, select Close. ​​​

​​​

Power Cycle:

​​​1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Wait for 2 or 3 minutes and then turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​

​​​

Add Account:

​​​1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new. ​​​

3. Enter the Email address and the password.​​​

4. Read the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept. ​​​

5. Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In & Security preferences to add your Microsoft account to your Xbox console.​​​

After that, do this:

Press the Xbox Button > My Games and Apps > See All > Manage Queue > Queue

You'll find the corrupted download of the game. Click on Cancel All > Clear The Queue

Then Press the Xbox Button > System > Settings > System > Storage > Clear local saved games (Note: Just do this if your saves are saved in the cloud, else they'll be lost)

After that, go to the Home Screen again > Microsoft Store > Search for the game (that you just cancelled) > Click on it and try to install it again.

If this still can't solve your problem, just let me know and I'll do my best to try to help you.
  3. blakethurman Win User

i dont even have an option to remove the account
  4. {Parity} Win User

my games are being dumb

Are you logged in with the profile that was used to purchase the games?
  5. SammyVS Win User

Game download being dumb

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Check that the account that purchased the subscription logged into the Microsoft Store app on your Windows and that all content is also installed on the same hard drive.

These steps can help you too, give it a try.

1. Logout from Xbox app and Microsoft Store app

2. Look for the Xbox app and Microsoft Store in the Windows bar, right-click, click app settings and then click terminate, restore and reset. Do this with the game too.

3. Clear the store cache type ''wsreset'' in the Windows bar, run as admin, and wait for the screen to close and open the store automatically.

4. Login with your account again in both apps

5. Open the Microsoft Store, click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner ''download and updates'' and click on ''get updates'' and update everything. After these steps restart your PC and try again.
  6. KARATE PIGZ Win User

So dumb...

Check account.microsoft.com and look at your subscriptions and services to make sure you don't have an outstanding balance on the account. That would prevent you from adding a code until you pay the balance.
    ok I checked and I don’t have any unpayed balances, I’m in a family could that be an issue? And after the code doesn’t work there is a weird code thing at the bottom, if u need it I can tell you.
Thema:

1. my game is being so dumb please help - Similar Threads - game being dumb

2. Not being able to play games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play games on external hard drive: Why can’t I play games on my external hard rice fa80c9e6-2a62-4a8b-93ef-811c874bbf99
  3. Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?: Is there a way to play game audio through headset but spotify playing only on monitor? d368a210-979a-44bc-90ee-70363e601680
  4. How do I fix not being able to hear character voicelines in games?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix not being able to hear character voicelines in games?: I recently started playing Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint and noticed I was unable to hear voicelines entirely or they sounded like they were speaking from 50 meters away when the character...
  5. How do I fix game bar being stuck on the sign in screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix game bar being stuck on the sign in screen?: Ever since the new game bar update I haven't been able to go onto gamebar because it says "signing in". No matter how long I wait for it, it continues to be stuck there. I have tried everything...
  6. How do I fix issues with game updates and being unable to login to my account after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix issues with game updates and being unable to login to my account after...: My Xbox One console isn't working properly. First I tried to complete an update on EAFC24 which was 3.5GB and it kept freezing and updating for a second or two at a time then freezing for another...
  7. I can’t record clips without my game being annoying

in XboX Insiders
    I can’t record clips without my game being annoying: Whenever I record a clip on Xbox (Fortnite for example) my whole entire game freezes (lag goes up) and after the lag calms down it acts as if the controller disconnected and makes me click a box...
  8. Xbox game disks not being read, help!!!

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game disks not being read, help!!!: (Xbox one) o I recently have purchased gta 5 and ea fc 24, yet when I insert the disk, the Xbox doesn’t even read them, it won’t even load the game or give the option to install, and when I load...
  9. Are games being turned off for Xbox one? As I can’t play the disc once the game is removed...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are games being turned off for Xbox one? As I can’t play the disc once the game is removed...: Once games are removed from the Xbox store I can’t play them even with the disc it’s not recognised. I can no longer play forza 7 or gta 5? 94ed04c4-94af-4627-860a-5b58d444190b
  10. Why are we being mislead with cloud gaming wait times and unreliability?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are we being mislead with cloud gaming wait times and unreliability?: Its now been over 4 months since this [mod removed] began. I see people making excuses because its in "beta". "You're trying to eat at a full restaurant, you have to wait for a table". Wrong. I...