My game chat is still muted even after my suspension was lifted

Discus and support My game chat is still muted even after my suspension was lifted in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I received a 8 day suspension from creating parties and talking in game chat. Now that the suspension has been served I am able to start parties again... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Alec 7, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Alec 7
    Alec 7 Guest

I received a 8 day suspension from creating parties and talking in game chat. Now that the suspension has been served I am able to start parties again and hear some players in game chat but most all players in the lobby except ones in my party are visually muted. I’m confused because I can hear some players but others are permanently muted as if I’m still suspended.

Thank you!

:)

Alec 7, Dec 3, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

You may need to remove and re-add your account to fix this, Alec.

REMOVE ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts. ​​​

3. Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm. ​​​

4. When you're finished, select Close. ​​​

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

​​​

ADD ACCOUNT​​​

​​​

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide. ​​​

2. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new. ​​​

3. Enter the Email address and the password.​​​

4. Read the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept. ​​​

5. Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In & Security preferences to add your Microsoft account to your Xbox console.​​​
  3. xGUTIxGMENxOBJx Win User

Unclear about comm ban length.

yeah well my suspension was lifted October 9th and chat still not working
  4. Nathan Roberts (Sunk Win User

ACCOUNT STILL MUTED AFTER SUSPENSION IS LIFTED

Hey there, oL Virus

As I am aware this could a slight glitch while it is restoring your permissions. Try speaking again in the next 10 minutes. If this continues, please try removing your profile and re downloading it back onto your Xbox One console.

You may also find this support article helpful to you as well:
    support.xbox.com/.../nat-error-solution

Regards,
  5. Jurassic Rival Win User

I've been console banned and it does not say on my enforcment.xbox.com page

I've come across a similar problem. I got unbanned last night from a 2 week suspension, I can join parties, but it says "Privacy settings prevent chat with some people" when they're set to adult, and I still can't send messages even after the ban had been
    lifted. It's even affecting my little brothers account too. Are you at all experiencing what I'm going through?
  6. M1chae1 216 Win User

Ban Error

I didn't receive an email, and I cannot request a case review because the suspension has already been "lifted" even though I cannot access communication in party chat, messages, or game chat.
Thema:

1. My game chat is still muted even after my suspension was lifted - Similar Threads - game chat still

2. Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad: I don't really understand why it's still doing it. 9c098a46-b81d-4583-8c63-99ceac2718cc
  3. does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...: does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on xbox? 536155e3-e923-48ea-817c-350e1ab71b7a
  4. does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...

in XBoX on Windows
    does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...: does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on xbox? 536155e3-e923-48ea-817c-350e1ab71b7a
  5. Can I still talk in game chat with friends on games such as fortnite while Suspended?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I still talk in game chat with friends on games such as fortnite while Suspended?: My little brother was playing my Xbox while I was at work(14 years old) and I’m 21 so I never really take it that far but he sent some disrespectful messages to a guy after losing a game of MLB...
  6. I updated my controller but I still can't access the chat mixer so I can hear the game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I updated my controller but I still can't access the chat mixer so I can hear the game...: I updated the controller but I still can't access the chat mixer, and I can't hear the game audio through the headset. What can I do? d9324c3d-587d-4c2f-b3ec-a0a336097b0a
  7. Will we be able to talk to discord voice chat and still hear the in-game voice chat in the...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Will we be able to talk to discord voice chat and still hear the in-game voice chat in the...: We don't have to be able to talk to the game chat while in a discord party, but it gets kind of annoying how PC players are able to talk in Discord and in the game at the same time. At this point...
  8. 24 hr communications ban has ended but game chat still unavailable

in XBoX on Windows
    24 hr communications ban has ended but game chat still unavailable: I was banned from all Xbox live communications for 24 hrs. The ban has since been completed. All my other communications seem to be working, I.e. messaging, party chat, etc.. However whenever I...
  9. Communication ban ended but game chat still won't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Communication ban ended but game chat still won't work: Hello, I was communication banned for 24 hours which has since ended. I have double checked enforcement website to make sure the ban has been lifted. They have restored most of the...
  10. Chat suspension ended and I still can't participate in party or game chat!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Chat suspension ended and I still can't participate in party or game chat!: I got a brief chat suspension from 11/6-11/8 at 3:05 am. I logged back on today, assuming since the suspension was over I'd be able to join game chat again. I pretty much only play CoD MW and...