My friends spam reported me and I got console banned for it

Discus and support My friends spam reported me and I got console banned for it in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I got on today and was met with a message from Xbox Live saying I was console banned for about a week and a half, my friends had spam reported me... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DedicatedRex, Jul 15, 2018.

1. DedicatedRex
    DedicatedRex Guest

Hi, I got on today and was met with a message from Xbox Live saying I was console banned for about a week and a half, my friends had spam reported me and I feel like that's why I was banned, I went though and checked my messages just in case, but I hadn't
    sent any messages so I didn't think that's why I was banned...I was wanting some help, could I get help in this situation? I have isolated myself from the people that reported me but it was a $400 console when I got it and now it's a building block. It doesn't
    seem fair that my friends pulled a messed up prank and I get completely shut off my Xbox for it.

:)

DedicatedRex, Jul 15, 2018
  2. Banned

My friends spam reported me and got me banned

nerd burger 22, Jul 15, 2018
  3. CRY5lS
    CRY5lS Guest
    I got bad feedback and I don't even play xbox that much

Like my friends friend accounts got perm banned 4 like doing nothing because people probably spam reported him and stuff

CRY5lS, Jul 15, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

The enforcement team investigates every complaint they receive and will only issue a suspension/ban if they determine you have done something to violate the code of conduct. So you can't be banned just because you receive a lot of reports. You can receive
    a million reports and not get suspended.

If it's a console ban those are usually not a week and a half long. If it's only an account ban, you can try submitting a case review at http://enforcement.xbox.com Otherwise, if it is a console ban, you can find more information about those here - Xbox Enforcement | How Do I
    but there is no way to contact the enforcement team regarding them.

Smwutches, Jul 15, 2018
  5. DedicatedRex
    DedicatedRex Guest
    It says on the message it's a console 'suspension' that's my fault for the wrong word choice, it isn't you till the 28th but I can't think of a single thing I could have done to deserve a console suspension.

DedicatedRex, Jul 15, 2018
  6. Maybe some other one did something on your console bad?

JerrminRangwani, Jul 15, 2018
  7. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    Console suspensions usually happen, when multiple accounts "misbehave" on that console (e.g. a person has multiple accounts, and got suspended on one account, and continues to misbehave on the other accounts to get around an account suspension), or if there
    are other strong violations against the Terms of Use (for example "Marketplace Theft", where you use accounts that don't belong to you are used to get games you shouldn't have access to), or if the console has been used for cheating or otherwise manipulating
    Xbox Live.

And as Smwutches said above, each Enforcement Report is checked and investigated by a real human being with the help of data and evidence sent in with the report. For example, if a message gets reported, that message is sent in with the report as evidence.

Also, whenever multiple people report you for one and the same thing, these multiple reports get combined into only one report, but that single report moves up faster in the reporting queue. So it doesn't matter how many people report you.

If the evidence sent in with the report shows no violation of the Terms of Use or Code of Conduct, nothing will happen to you, and the people that reported you, will get their "trustability" reduced, which means reports they send in, will move up slower
    in the report queue in the future.

However, if the evidence in the report show, that you violated the ToU or CoC, they will then ban your account, unless you used multiple accounts to get around previous account bans, in which case your console can get suspended for example.

Arminator, Nov 3, 2018
  8. JerrminRangwani Win User

The enforcement team investigates every complaint they receive and will only issue a suspension/ban if they determine you have done something to violate the code of conduct. So you can't be banned just because you receive a lot of reports. You can receive

If it's a console ban those are usually not a week and a half long. If it's only an account ban, you can try submitting a case review at
    http://enforcement.xbox.com Otherwise, if it is a console ban, you can find more information about those here - https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/home/howto#sub-topic0-3

It says on the message it's a console 'suspension' that's my fault for the wrong word choice, it isn't you till the 28th but I can't think of a single thing I could have done to deserve a console suspension.
    Maybe some other one did something on your console bad?
  9. DedicatedRex Win User

If it's a console ban those are usually not a week and a half long. If it's only an account ban, you can try submitting a case review at
    http://enforcement.xbox.com Otherwise, if it is a console ban, you can find more information about those here - https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/home/howto#sub-topic0-3
  10. Smwutches Win User

If it's a console ban those are usually not a week and a half long. If it's only an account ban, you can try submitting a case review at http://enforcement.xbox.com Otherwise, if it is a console ban, you can find more information about those here - https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/home/howto#sub-topic0-3
  11. Arminator Win User

Console suspensions usually happen, when multiple accounts "misbehave" on that console (e.g. a person has multiple accounts, and got suspended on one account, and continues to misbehave on the other accounts to get around an account suspension), or if there
    are other strong violations against the Terms of Use (for example "Marketplace Theft", where you use accounts that don't belong to you are used to get games you shouldn't have access to), or if the console has been used for cheating or otherwise manipulating
    Xbox Live.

And as Smwutches said above, each Enforcement Report is checked and investigated by a real human being with the help of data and evidence sent in with the report. For example, if a message gets reported, that message is sent in with the report as evidence.

Also, whenever multiple people report you for one and the same thing, these multiple reports get combined into only one report, but that single report moves up faster in the reporting queue. So it doesn't matter how many people report you.

If the evidence sent in with the report shows no violation of the Terms of Use or Code of Conduct, nothing will happen to you, and the people that reported you, will get their "trustability" reduced, which means reports they send in, will move up slower
    in the report queue in the future.

However, if the evidence in the report show, that you violated the ToU or CoC, they will then ban your account, unless you used multiple accounts to get around previous account bans, in which case your console can get suspended for example.
  12. DarkestLight1 Win User

Xbox suspension not showing on enforcement history

I just got banned for the weekend because my friend was getting spammed by a toxic person while playing Star Wars Battlefront 2, so he told me to tell him to stop. Well I told him to stop spamming my friend and he reported me and I got banned
Thema:

1. My friends spam reported me and I got console banned for it - Similar Threads - friends spam reported

2. How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app: I’m streaming with a group of friends I use the Xbox app for communicating most nights but stream can’t here due to me not being able to include my audio using the app...
  3. My friends cant see when im on my pc.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friends cant see when im on my pc.: I have tried going through my settings many times and still cant find a fix as to why my friends cant see when im online. 6925889c-0db0-48b6-962b-b5858a2476d1
  4. So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...: So I tried gifting my friend darktide on the xbox using cash app card and the payment is still pending and the gifting errored but it took the money outta the account so I do I just wait or did it...
  5. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  6. Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab

in XboX Insiders
    Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab: The new dashboard update removed a very important feature on the most recent update. That is the friends in games option. You used to be able to see all the games your friends were playing. It...
  7. Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab: The new dashboard update removed a very important feature on the most recent update. That is the friends in games option. You used to be able to see all the games your friends were playing. It...
  8. I got spam reported by my friends

in XBoX on Windows
    I got spam reported by my friends: I have a group of friends who hate me.They make fun of me every day.Then they thought it would be funny and spam report me until i got banned 6 times.Then I now have a year ban.I was wondering if...
  9. What to do if you join a friend's party and someone in it starts follow spamming you?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    What to do if you join a friend's party and someone in it starts follow spamming you?: I joined a friend's party and thought they were annoying so I left, almost immediately after I started getting flooded with follows and it won't stop, I have no idea what to do as I don't want the...
  10. Keep getting spam messages and friend requests

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keep getting spam messages and friend requests: As the title says. I'm getting like 10 of these a day! They are friend requests from "people" with a gamerscore of 0 and I also receive pervetic and flirtatious messages every single day. I do...