My friends list disappeared and I can’t add anyone. How do I fix this?

Discus and support My friends list disappeared and I can’t add anyone. How do I fix this? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I turned on my Xbox and when I click to see what friends are online, my Xbox is saying I don’t have any. So I go to my messages and when I click on my... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Angel Dixon, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Angel Dixon
    Angel Dixon Guest

I turned on my Xbox and when I click to see what friends are online, my Xbox is saying I don’t have any. So I go to my messages and when I click on my friends profiles, it won’t let me add them. I tried restarting my Xbox that didn’t work. Please let me know what I can do.

:)

Angel Dixon, Nov 2, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

Multiple people are reporting the same issue, so it seems to be an Xbox server issue. You can report the issue at http://xbox.com/status
  3. Janet_C Win User

How do I fix my friends list

Hello!

I'm an independent advisor and a member of the Xbox Community just like you.

I will be glad to help you.

Login at this link

https://account.xbox.com/Settings

And in the part of "Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety" set all features related to multiplayer, communication and friendship to "Allow".

In the "Privacy" section put everything for everyone, except for the personal data options, that's up to you.

Then go to your network settings and in advanced options change the DNS to primary 8.8.8.8 and secondary 8.8.4.4

Try to perform a cache clear with the following steps.

1. Press and hold the Power button on the front of your Xbox One until the console turns off.

2. Unplug the power cord from the back of your Xbox One.

3. Wait a minute, and then plug the power cord back in.

4. Press the Power button on your Xbox One to turn it back on.

5. Your cache should be clear at this point.

I hope the information has been clear, I will be attentive to any questions you may have.

Best Regards.
  4. shaunH3 Win User

Adding friends

I just tried both ways and I still cannot add anyone to my friends list, do you know any other ways to fix this problem, please help
  5. Smwutches Win User

My friends on my friends list are disappearing and reappearing and i cannot view profiles, how do i fix that?

Multiple people are reporting the same issue, so it seems to be an Xbox server issue. You can report the issue at http://xbox.com/status
  6. Kristen T �� Win User

Why can't I add a friend to my friends list?

I may be wrong but if it’s not letting you add them, they disappeared from your list and their friends list went to 0 it seems like they may have blocked you. 😔 You can’t see someone’s friends anymore when they block you and it doesn’t let you add them. Can you see the rest of their profile? It may also be a glitch but if it’s only happening with that one person it sounds like they could have blocked you.
Thema:

1. My friends list disappeared and I can’t add anyone. How do I fix this? - Similar Threads - friends list disappeared

2. Why is friends list not accurate?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is friends list not accurate?: After gamer tag name change, friends list not showing some online but others on. But when you look at the profile itself they are online and a game. Also in a party past gamer tag and new tag...
  3. My friends list is not working on either my Xbox Series X nor my PC Game Bar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friends list is not working on either my Xbox Series X nor my PC Game Bar: Hello, My friends list on Xbox series X was frozen. I have followed all of the troubleshooting steps and now my friends list is simply empty. It states that I have 0 friends, but also does not...
  4. my friend list won’t show on my xbox,

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    my friend list won’t show on my xbox,: it says i have zero friends. i have tried restarting and soft resetting and hard resetting. nothing seems to work. i logged into my account on another xbox and the friends list show its just mine...
  5. Friend List completely Disappeared - I need Help

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friend List completely Disappeared - I need Help: I did a Factory reset and now my Friend List has Disappeared and can not get it back. It was working fine until today. and have no ideal why. On the Xbox app it is showing everyone online but not...
  6. New Friends List and Happening Now

in XboX Insiders
    New Friends List and Happening Now: It might be just me but when I go to my friends list on my Xbox, I don't really care about what all of my friends are doing right now. I look at a couple of my friends and I'm done. I personally...
  7. Friends list not loading on Xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends list not loading on Xbox: I am unable to access my friends list on my Xbox. I am able to access it on the app. But on my Xbox it says 0 friends online and I can’t access the list I have already done a power cycle and hard...
  8. Is anybody’s friends online list showing entries on the Xbox ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anybody’s friends online list showing entries on the Xbox ?: Have a series x and for the last couple of months it has not showing any of my friends online. I have reset it once but still no joy in getting it to show friends. If I check my chats I can see...
  9. Friends disappear off of friends list after a while or wont let me add someone at all

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends disappear off of friends list after a while or wont let me add someone at all: Every time I go to add someone it either won't work and give me a error along the lines of "Sorry, we can't save your changes right now. Try again in a while." or it will let me add them but after...
  10. achievements & game progress disappeared for my entire friends list

in XBoX Games and Apps
    achievements & game progress disappeared for my entire friends list: I open my achievements list yesterday to compare game progress with another friend I realize very quickly that all of my achievements we’re gone, as well as every person on my friends list...