My friends in party chat hear me as distorted and robotic

Discus and support My friends in party chat hear me as distorted and robotic in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; It was fine until the recent update, then my friends started saying they could barely understand me and that my voice sounded like I was "distorted,... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Dlaloc, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Dlaloc
    Dlaloc Guest

It was fine until the recent update, then my friends started saying they could barely understand me and that my voice sounded like I was "distorted, choppy, and robotic," I have tried literally everything and to no avail. I've had to resort to making my friends talk through xbox discord. And I do believe it IS a problem with the game bar, as I have my mic monitored and have noticed no problems, can talk through discord with purity, and have set my ports to the recommended through a similar thread. However the fix for theirs was their recording mic quality was low and needed to be turned up, mine is at max. Maybe there is something I'm not seeing or doing but I'm not entirely sure.

:)

Dlaloc, Sep 30, 2022
  2. Mattickus Win User

3. Mattickus Win User

This is so ridiculous, it is 100% a problem with the XBox Gamebar and it's use of audio interfaces. Has anyone had problems with just straight USB mics? I haven't had any USB mics not work. I started having this problem about the same time as this post. Exact issue. I have a Zoom v3 Vocal Processor connected via USB and has an XLR mic plugged in, and in Windows 11 I have only one option for the audio format. THAT SHOULDN'T MATTER! Every single other app I have on my PC can use my Zoom v3 Mic just fine, Discord, DAW Software, OBS, Video Editing software, EVEN THE FREAKIN BUILT IN "LISTEN TO YOUR MIC" setting. It all sounds fine. But when I'm using my mic in an XBOX party, using the Gamebar, it sounds like I'm a robot underwater! I heard it by listening to my friends stream that I was on. Just ridiculous! I've had to resort to using a USB mic, which sucks. Please Microsoft fix this!
  4. its_dice Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Dlaloc

Can you try and double check the next?
    But first fully close Discord

"Format" for your Microphone in the sound settings for your input device

Go to your Settings > Navigate to Bluetooth & devices
    Select Devices > Scroll down to Related settings and select Sound
    Select your audio input device under Input.

In the next menu, you should see Format under Input settings. Select an audio format that's no higher than 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)
    Try joining a party in the Game Bar or the Xbox app to verify whether or not the changes solved the issue. If that doesn't work, try adjusting the audio format by repeating the steps above to verify if any other format works.

If the issue persists try this:

Open Xbox Game Bar > Go to Audio widget > Select the Voice
    Change Windows default input to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    Change Default communications input and output to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Scroll down to More Settings > Xbox Party Chat
    Change Audio output and input to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Verify that push to talk is not enabled

Finally open the Xbox app

Click your profile icon at the top right corner of the page
    Select Settings > Audio
    Set your default Input device and output device to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    Verify that push to talk is not enabled again

Please also double check if you have audio enhancements enabled, if yes disable it.

You can follow this quick tutorial:

https://www.intowindows.com/turn-on-or-off-audi...
    Followed your directions and found my mic format was at 44100Hz, so no luck there. But it was set to 2 channel 44100, swapped to 1 channel 44100 just to try and that fixed this. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, hope this helps too.
  5. Stealtherino Win User

6. kawaiiCaveman Win User

I have the same issue as OP. Tried all of these and none of them worked. Im almost positive the Xbox Game Bar Windows App is the issue.
Thema:

1. My friends in party chat hear me as distorted and robotic - Similar Threads - friends party chat

2. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  3. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  4. I keep getting party disconnected every time I try join a friend's party, but when I create...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I keep getting party disconnected every time I try join a friend's party, but when I create...: If I create a party chat friends can join me and party chat is fine. But if I try join a friend's party chat it just keeps giving my connecting and then disconnects me. We have even tried that the...
  5. My friends can only sometimes hear me in voice parties.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friends can only sometimes hear me in voice parties.: I have been using the xbox game bar on windows 11 for quite some time now, but recently when I join a party with my friends they have been telling me my audio cuts off at random (Usually 10...
  6. I am having an issue where I join a party through Xbox game bar and my friends can hear me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am having an issue where I join a party through Xbox game bar and my friends can hear me...: I have already tried deleting and reinstalling 649adc95-eb59-4e8a-8582-a0c691632a05
  7. Cussing in private party with friends

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cussing in private party with friends: Can I and my friends swear at each other in a game lobby or private party? 4e4ddbb0-b3a9-46c8-84c7-4964fbc985a4
  8. If I am in a private party with my friends can I cuss in that party I have a mild form of...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I am in a private party with my friends can I cuss in that party I have a mild form of...: If I am in a private party with my friends can I cuss in that party I have a mild form of Tourettes and I can't control what I say 8d1fe812-1d3a-4523-8d77-eed0cb121885
  9. Can’t invite friends to play free to play games but can invite them to party .

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t invite friends to play free to play games but can invite them to party .: recently upgraded from a Xbox one s to a Xbox one series s . Now that I have got my new series s I cannot invite friends to free to play games such as fortnite or warzone . I have talked two...
  10. I can’t unmute my friend in the Xbox party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can’t unmute my friend in the Xbox party chat: I can’t unmute my friend in the Xbox party chat 0087e138-89a6-4a3e-9833-b9272f4197fe