My friend's account got hacked, had it's email changed, and now he's perma-locked from ever...

Discus and support My friend's account got hacked, had it's email changed, and now he's perma-locked from ever... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; As stated above, a friend of mine got hacked. Due to Microsoft having a "Change Email" option, the hacker ended up changing it from my friend's email... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Wolfric2, May 13, 2023.

1. Wolfric2
    Wolfric2 Guest

My friend's account got hacked, had it's email changed, and now he's perma-locked from ever...

As stated above, a friend of mine got hacked. Due to Microsoft having a "Change Email" option, the hacker ended up changing it from my friend's email to their own. Due to this, my friend attempted to get it back by getting help from Microsoft. He gave them basically every bit of info he had on his account, from when it was created, to his security code, etc. Even after proving that it was his account and that it was hacked, all Microsoft could do was permanently lock his account so the hacker couldn't use it. Not only did he lose every game he's bought on that account, but he gets nothing back from it. Seems kinda cruel to add a "Change Email" option on a service where you can buy games from and then NOT help out the person who lost literally everything from their account because of said feature. Is there any way for him to get his account back with all of his games on it?

:)

Wolfric2, May 13, 2023
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

My friend's account got hacked, had it's email changed, and now he's perma-locked from ever getting it back

Hello Wolfric2, sorry to hear your friend lost their account.

Unfortunately no one here would be able to help with this as it is an issue specific to Xbox Support.
  3. ArhamSiddiqui Win User

X-Box Minecraft java

you know that one of my friends got premium minecraft account with email access when minecraft accounts were hacked in 2020 and now he has a cape and 50$ rank 😭
  4. KindGryphon Win User

How to restore my Microsoft Account without 2FA and backup emails?

[mod removed]

My Microsoft account got hacked. The hacker was baiting me to get him verification codes of changing the security info of my account, then got raid of my account.

He deleted the original email of my account which is "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" then somehow changed the account email to another one named
    "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" (These info is shown in first image, check attachments).
    After doing so, he got raid of all my security stuff like verify phone number and email.He was clearly hacking my account. He literally deleted my original email of this account "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***", if he is not hacking this account, he has no need to do it...

I really need help!
    "My Microsoft account got hacked. The hacker was baiting me to get him verification codes of changing the security info of my account, then got raid of my account."

You didnt actually give him the verification codes did you? If so this would've been what allowed everything else that happened afterwards to occur.
  5. Lillithvain Win User

I want to get someone unbanned

If he is console banned, it is a perma ban. If his account got hacked and he still got banned, he can try to talk to them on the forums, but bans are typically irreversible even if it is in error.
  6. PapaSr1 Win User

Tier 3

Now my account has been hacked in. Was gaming with friends, and kicked off, tryed to log back in and was told GT invalid. Friend called me said he recieved a game invite from someone else using my GT. Now my original GT is locked and everything is all messed
    up. Thanks MS!!
Thema:

1. My friend's account got hacked, had it's email changed, and now he's perma-locked from ever... - Similar Threads - friend's account got

2. My friend got his microsoft account stolen, both email and password changed, is it still...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend got his microsoft account stolen, both email and password changed, is it still...: ^tittle, also we have wrote to minecraft support, but they said that because of the migration thing, u gotta write to microsoft, but they dont really have a letter box i could find soooo yea. plz...
  3. my friend got console and account banned but bought a new Xbox and made a new account...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my friend got console and account banned but bought a new Xbox and made a new account...: 9 days ago my friend was playing on the Xbox with me and all of a sudden his account got banned and so did his Xbox, a few days later both him and his sister got new Xbox’s for early Christmas but...
  4. My friend’s xbox account got hacked, and no one can’t do anything about it

in XBoX Accessibility
    My friend’s xbox account got hacked, and no one can’t do anything about it: My friend’s xbox account got compromised, he can’t do anything about it because he can’t log in and you cant report another account getting compromised. What do we do?...
  5. My friend's account got deleted

in XBoX Accessibility
    My friend's account got deleted: So my friend was gonna login into the account called *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** it said that the account didn't exist. We wouldn't be able to use Microsoft...
  6. My friends' Microsoft account got hacked, and now the associated email was changed to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My friends' Microsoft account got hacked, and now the associated email was changed to...: He's impersonating my friend on Xbox talking about how he got a modded account too. He originally hacked my friends entire gmail account, but I got it back because my email was the recovery email...
  7. Can you please unbanned me it was not me my friend that got on my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you please unbanned me it was not me my friend that got on my account: Can I please be unbanned because my friend went on my account from his xbox and text to a new friend I got and said lots of bad words and because of that I got banned not him so I can you please...
  8. My friend's account got hacked and deleted. Can it be restored?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My friend's account got hacked and deleted. Can it be restored?: My friend got hacked, and the hacker used his Microsoft account to log into Minecraft. Then, the hacker deleted his email. He would like to ask some questions to whoever knows, and with that,...
  9. My friend got me banned from communication I didn’t know he had my account. I want to get...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My friend got me banned from communication I didn’t know he had my account. I want to get...: Friend said the f slur to someone on my account and I got banned. I didn’t know he had access to my account. I want to get unbanned and change my password so he can’t access it and I can go back...
  10. Hello can I please get unbanned my friend got on to my account and changed my pfp to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello can I please get unbanned my friend got on to my account and changed my pfp to...: I got permanently banned and I would like to get unbanned as it was not my fault. I also spent loads of money on this account. Thank you 009f89ee-4099-4d5f-b74c-6d7c03dc0cf9