My friend has gifted me a game and the code doesn't work, so then I try to purchase it with...

Discus and support My friend has gifted me a game and the code doesn't work, so then I try to purchase it with... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Please help, I don't understand what the issue is and its making me angry, and the same friend gifted 2 other people the same game and the code worked... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SoccerKJH2008, Dec 28, 2022.

1. My friend has gifted me a game and the code doesn't work, so then I try to purchase it with...

Please help, I don't understand what the issue is and its making me angry, and the same friend gifted 2 other people the same game and the code worked without issue

:)

SoccerKJH2008, Dec 28, 2022
  2. NLH1 Win User

Can't purchase Outer Worlds for PC because I can't change my region.

Changing region doesn't let you purchase stuff from the store for that region or redeem gifted codes. The best work around I found was having a friend from that region redeem the gift code so that I could have the content, I'm sure this would also work
    with purchases. Other than that I don't have any other suggestions, let me know if it works.
  3. gamer in DNA Win User

I can't redeem the code

it will not work believe me

I try to redeem the code this message appeare

Contact the purchaser to get a code that works in your region

This code was purchased in a different region and cannot be redeemed.

it is add ons in dead by daylight

I Purchase it as gift and send to my friend

with the new update
  4. GamingSaturn117 Win User

Gifts from Another Region

Your friend would have to see about refunding the original purchase and then purchase a code for your region from another retailer.
    Thanks for the suggestion. It's really annoying that my friend has to go through so much effort just so he can gift me a game.
  5. Smwutches Win User

I had the tony Stewart’s all American racing game gifted to me by a friend and it’s trying to tell me the code is rather invalid or damaged so i don’t know what’s going on

Gifting is region locked so the code will not work in your region. Your friend can try getting a refund and purchasing from somewhere that does sell codes for your region.
  6. XBF Steven R Win User

gift card

Hey there JeanPilot,

Sorry for the confusion gifting your friend this code.

As stated by StuartATrueRed, now that the code has been redeemed, there is exists no means for you to transfer that redeemed currency to your friends account.

That being said, if you do want to get your friend something, you can try to gift that specific digital item directly to your friend.

For more information on how digital gifting works, check out our informative support pages entitled

Learn about gift cards and codes
    and
    Help with giving digital games as gifts

Thanks for reading!
Thema:

My friend has gifted me a game and the code doesn't work, so then I try to purchase it with...

1. My friend has gifted me a game and the code doesn't work, so then I try to purchase it with... - Similar Threads - friend has gifted

2. If a friend has game shared their game with me do i have to keep logging in to there...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    If a friend has game shared their game with me do i have to keep logging in to there...: Just wondering my friend wants to game share with me but dose that mean i have to keep logging in to his account to play the game or can i just log in to mine? 6e652558-90d1-4520-a9c5-c405e2c408f1
  3. My friend got me a 20$ card for my bday and it only has 16 digits and not the receipt. What...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My friend got me a 20$ card for my bday and it only has 16 digits and not the receipt. What...: I tried to use it in the Microsoft store but it’s not 25 letters long. My friends dad bought it from the Microsoft store. 2b78c02e-f65b-4fe5-8926-3bc959df3f4d
  4. Hey, my question is that how can i play cross platfom with my friend who has the game...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hey, my question is that how can i play cross platfom with my friend who has the game...: Hey, I have a problem with my friend who has purchased the game on steam, i have it on my xbox and my question is that how can i and my friend get in the same game that one of us hosted?...
  5. My friends account (****) has had his gamerpic changed to a inappropriate picture leading...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friends account (****) has had his gamerpic changed to a inappropriate picture leading...: If you know anything i can do please email me at ******* Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** c5a7dd2c-305b-43f9-8078-587ee1afe213
  6. My friend has been offline for 70 plus days and that is not like him so I need to know if...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friend has been offline for 70 plus days and that is not like him so I need to know if...: My friend has been offline for 70 days and he has never done that so I just really need to know If he is banned or what cause I’m really worried about him and idk if he’s okay so if anybody could...
  7. I'd like to take a username from a dead account that has no friends, no gamerscore, an Xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'd like to take a username from a dead account that has no friends, no gamerscore, an Xbox...: The username I'm looking to take is 'Fnqi' 681f5b4c-a4e4-451f-adc1-20506ad6c27e
  8. How do i gift a game to friend who has an Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i gift a game to friend who has an Xbox one: I want to gift diablo 4 ultimate edition to my friend who unfortunately still has xbox one. I have a series x. What I was wondering is can i still gift him that version and still work on his...
  9. Purchased 2 Games DBD and Minecraft for my Friend as a Gift Friend Has Redeemed the 2 Game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased 2 Games DBD and Minecraft for my Friend as a Gift Friend Has Redeemed the 2 Game...: I purchased DBD and Minecraft for my friend. I purchased them on the PC Xbox App for a friend with an Xbox 1. I selected the option to gift to a friends using console. My friend has used the 2...
  10. Friend has not received gift from me?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friend has not received gift from me?: So I bought my friend modern warfare 2 the money has been taking out but he has not received it and on my transaction it’s says it tried taking the money out 4 times after the money was already...