My friend got communication banned because of a joke

Discus and support My friend got communication banned because of a joke in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey all, I know what the vast majority of you are going to say you brought it upon yourself but I thought i'd try anyways. Basically my friend sent a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by zMiles x, Jan 31, 2018.

1. zMiles x
    zMiles x Guest

Hey all,

I know what the vast majority of you are going to say you brought it upon yourself but I thought i'd try anyways.

Basically my friend sent a message to me on xbox which I jokingly reported in the thought that nothing would happen as we're friends over xbox, he's now been banned from logging onto live for a week all because of a harmless joke, i've tried contacting support
    and looking around the enforcement page but can't find anything on how to rectify it, is there anyone I can contact or anything I can do to get the ban repealed as he's not a toxic person and this is his first offence when it was only a joke.

Many thanks

:)

zMiles x, Jan 31, 2018
  2. Banned

I created a fake account to mess with my friend. His account is ulikemytaco and the fake one I made was Zach halverson. I reported his message as a joke and he got communication banned. This was a joke and therefore he should not be communication banned

BlueishTag756, Jan 31, 2018
  3. Calithin
    Calithin Guest
    Friends reported me as a joke, got a two week ban, please fix

PLEASE RESPOND. I GOT AN OVER 2 WEEK BAN BECAUSE MY FRIENDS ALL REPORTED ME AS A JOKE. IM BANNED FROM COMMUNICATIONS. I SUBMITED A CASE REVIEW AND IM STILL BANNED. IM ASKING FOR YOU GUYS TO PLEASE LIFT THIS BAN ME GAMERTAG IS . I DIDNT THINK ID
    GET BANNED BECAUSE I DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRONG AND MY FRIENDS THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUNNY BUT NOW IM ACTUALLY BANNED PLEASEE FIX IT.

Calithin, Jan 31, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

He would need to go to http://enforcement.xbox.com to see about submitting a case review. It doesn't matter if you're just talking to friends or what you say is a joke, if you say anything that violates the code of conduct, you can be punished. You also
    should not be reporting anyone just as a joke. Filing false complaints can result in a ban.

Smwutches, Jan 31, 2018
  5. Smwutches Win User

He would need to go to http://enforcement.xbox.com to see about submitting a case review. It doesn't matter if you're just talking to friends or what you say is a joke, if you say anything that violates the code of conduct, you can be punished. You also
    should not be reporting anyone just as a joke. Filing false complaints can result in a ban.
  6. Horizon l Win User

suspended, is there any point to continue play?

i got an explanation now why i was banned.

i wrote for joke on my bio "1600 mp to be friend with me" (inside joke for my friends)

the "pro"snipers for 2 years ago often wrote this on their bio because it was concidered cool to have them on their friends list.

feelsgodman.jpg
  7. RO Wubbles Win User

Account Suspension

Hey I received a communication ban without an appeal I was cursing through messages when I got the 14 day ban but it was a joke and the ones who reported me did it in a joking Manor not expecting me to actually get banned. I would love if my accounts communication
    ban could be removed and I can get back to playing with my friends and enjoying my xbox that I payed 400 dollars for. Hopefully you understand and thank you for reading this. My gamer tag is
  8. Smwutches Win User

Got banned for joking with my friend

The enforcement team are the only ones who handle suspensions and they do not use the forums. You would have to go to http://enforcement.xbox.com to see about submitting a case review, but currently the site is having an issue not showing current suspensions so it is not possible to submit a case review at this time.
  9. FantasticFreno Win User

Xbox enforcement

I got a communication ban for calling a kid who quit a game a douchebag. No joke.
Thema:

1. My friend got communication banned because of a joke - Similar Threads - friend got communication

2. I got spam reported by my friends

in XBoX on Windows
    I got spam reported by my friends: I have a group of friends who hate me.They make fun of me every day.Then they thought it would be funny and spam report me until i got banned 6 times.Then I now have a year ban.I was wondering if...
  3. I had gameshared with a friend earlier today and my own Xbox got removed from home when It...

in XBoX on Windows
    I had gameshared with a friend earlier today and my own Xbox got removed from home when It...: So I've been dealing with my Xbox having a constant removal on my home on my Xbox whenever I game share with my two friends and it keeps on removing itself when it's activated and just bugs the...
  4. My friend got me a 20$ card for my bday and it only has 16 digits and not the receipt. What...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My friend got me a 20$ card for my bday and it only has 16 digits and not the receipt. What...: I tried to use it in the Microsoft store but it’s not 25 letters long. My friends dad bought it from the Microsoft store. 2b78c02e-f65b-4fe5-8926-3bc959df3f4d
  5. I’ve a got a duplicate game how do I give it to my friend?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’ve a got a duplicate game how do I give it to my friend?: I have a duplicate copy of a game and I’m wanting to give it to my friend I had the option to add it to an account before but I can’t find it 5fdc60b5-791c-4b65-8ec2-10bff4283e6c
  6. My friend got his microsoft account stolen, both email and password changed, is it still...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend got his microsoft account stolen, both email and password changed, is it still...: ^tittle, also we have wrote to minecraft support, but they said that because of the migration thing, u gotta write to microsoft, but they dont really have a letter box i could find soooo yea. plz...
  7. My son got a friend request from one of his friends on xbox. But when he clicks accept, it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son got a friend request from one of his friends on xbox. But when he clicks accept, it...: He has an Xbox series s. And I'm the parental organizer. I've even downloaded the family safety app that I assumed I'd be able to confirm it there. df44bdf4-bd39-457a-9cbf-4589c2970448
  8. I gifted my friend a pack of Fortnite but the gift code is damaged and Ii got it from...

in XBoX on Windows
    I gifted my friend a pack of Fortnite but the gift code is damaged and Ii got it from...: I got 5$ gift card and I gifted my friend fortnite pack when he gets the gift code it was damaged and you see it from my history billing and I purchased it from microsoft store in xbox console and...
  9. my friend got console and account banned but bought a new Xbox and made a new account...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my friend got console and account banned but bought a new Xbox and made a new account...: 9 days ago my friend was playing on the Xbox with me and all of a sudden his account got banned and so did his Xbox, a few days later both him and his sister got new Xbox’s for early Christmas but...
  10. Me and my friends got permanently banned for being botted

in XBoX Accessibility
    Me and my friends got permanently banned for being botted: So one of my friends decided to bot me and our friends without our permission. None of us knew that you could get banned for it which is why I wasn’t mad or anything when he did it and I most...