My friend can't access his account

Discus and support My friend can't access his account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My friend and I need some help with an xbox account. It is a very old a long lived account and had been on many consoles and units, however recently it... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by NoVa BETA, Sep 14, 2022.

1. NoVa BETA
    NoVa BETA Guest

My friend and I need some help with an xbox account. It is a very old a long lived account and had been on many consoles and units, however recently it has asked him to do a 2 step verification to access the account however the account has an old phone number that he no longer owns and is unable to change this number to his new one, meaning he is unable to access the account that has alot of money and games put into it he had tried many times to change it but it will not allow him to, is there any advice someone can give to help us resolve this and get his precious account back

Many thanks

:)

NoVa BETA, Sep 14, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, NoVa! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I'm sorry to hear your friend is experiencing issues accessing his account.

If your friend is unable to access any of the contact methods used to receive a security code, the best thing to do is to fill out Microsoft's online account recovery form: https://account.live.com/acsr

Here's how to do it:

1) Enter your Email, phone, or Skype name in the first box if you know it.

2) In the Contact email address text box, type an email address where Microsoft can contact you or send your password reset link. Note that this email address should be different from the one you’re trying to recover.

3) In the third text box, type the characters displayed on the screen. This is to verify that you aren’t a robot.

4) To help maintain the security of your Microsoft account, you’ll be prompted for several pieces of identification info that you provided when you initially set up your account. Fill in as many of the boxes as you can.

You can find additional tips on how to fill out the only recovery form, at:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards.
  3. ssaucyniyaa Win User

My friend can’t access his account

He may want to contact support to see if they can assist. 1-800-4my-xbox if he's in the US/Canada or
    http://suppport.xbox.com/contact-us

You should not post personal information on a public forum.
    Will calling them be a definite resolution to my problem
  4. Smwutches Win User

He may want to contact support to see if they can assist. 1-800-4my-xbox if he's in the US/Canada or

5. Zero Jehuty Win User

Will calling them be a definite resolution to my problem
    Hello,

If they can provide enough info to prove the account is their support should be able to resolve the issue.

We here can not assure anything.

Zero
  6. IAFanOfSteel Win User

My son can't access his account (hacked)

I understand, but...

1) That's a huge pain

2) It should be a simple fix if I could just talk to a human.
Thema:

1. My friend can't access his account - Similar Threads - friend can't access

2. Help Needed: Can't Join Friends or Receive Invites in Forza via GeForce Now

in XboX Insiders
    Help Needed: Can't Join Friends or Receive Invites in Forza via GeForce Now: Hi everyone, I'm reaching out to the community for some assistance with an issue I've been facing while playing Forza Horizon through GeForce Now. Despite trying various fixes, I'm stuck and could...
  3. I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...: This is screenshot of my xbox bar [img] 6bec12a3-bcaf-4d20-9ee7-c675a3a36fb6
  4. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...
  5. How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes: It's been saying this for 2 hours first we were playing then he left my party all of a sudden. When I tried to add him it said sorry can't save changes. His username is potato lata...
  6. I can't redeem gift codes from my friend due to geo restriction.

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't redeem gift codes from my friend due to geo restriction.: Hello I sent payment for Powerwash DLC to my friend so that he would send dlc as gift codes to me. But, they don't work due to geo restriction. Can you help me redeem this codes for my account:...
  7. Xbox Game Bar says "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit."

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar says "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit.": I've reset, terminated and repaired the gamebar many times. I've done the remove and reinstall through powershell. This started happening a couple of days ago and clicking refresh 4 or 5 times...
  8. Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?: Hello! Whenever I invite my friends to an Xbox call I have to keep game bar open in order to talk to them. Whenever I tab out of game bar to play a game I try to talk my friends cant hear me. I...
  9. Game Bar won't show friends - "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar won't show friends - "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit": My game bar displays "we can't show your friends right now. try again in a bit" If I click the refresh button no dice. I have reset/repaired both game bar and xbox app. I have tried the...
  10. I can't access my friend's profile

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't access my friend's profile: I have a friend known as FourMine1234. They are showing as "offline" and I can't add them as a friend. Did they get banned? did they block me? a44f5948-3a0c-4d06-b7d6-caf17985f48a