My Fortnite wont update. It keeps saying “installation stopped working”.

Discus and support My Fortnite wont update. It keeps saying “installation stopped working”. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Fortnite won’t update. As I update it, it stops at 0% and says “installation stopped working”. This error pops up like 4 times in a row. These are... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KristianKulha, Oct 9, 2022.

1. My Fortnite wont update. It keeps saying “installation stopped working”.

My Fortnite won’t update. As I update it, it stops at 0% and says “installation stopped working”. This error pops up like 4 times in a row. These are the steps I have tried many times that will not work. This is a new error that no one has ever seen before. I have reset my xbox many times, i have restarted it many times, I have cleared local saved games, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Fortnite, I have tried to install Fortnite in offline mode, I have checked how much storage I have left in which I have plenty of storage left to fill, I have 112gb left to fill whereas fortnite takes 42gb left to fill and I have also checked for system updates, there are no system updates and my Xbox usually updates itself if a system update is required. None of these steps works, even though I have been told only one of them can work and if none work, there’s nothing we can do. This is a new problem if none of these steps work. I have contacted epic games and they told me to speak to Xbox support. I can install and update my other games, just not Fortnite. And this is up to Xbox support, not epic games. This is a brand new problem that no one has ever seen before if none of these steps work. I’m not sure if something is wrong with my Xbox, the services or with Fortnite. Someone please help me.

:)

KristianKulha, Oct 9, 2022
  2. Stephen Clark3 Win User

I have this problem as well. There is a different longer message when you click into it but basically the same issue., I don't know why this thread has gone cold. Did anyone ever get a resolution to it?
  3. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, KristianKulha! thank you for your reply.

Could you try uninstalling one or two games and then reinstalling Fortnite? in some cases, installing a game on a different section of the console's storage unit helps with this kind of problem.

Please let me know if that works.

Best regards.
  4. KristianKulha Win User

Thank you for your information. But I rather would not remove or delete all of my games and apps, as I still want to keep them. I guess im just gonna have to not play Fortnite anymore.
  5. KristianKulha Win User

I’ve done that before as well and that didn’t work either. Sorry
  6. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, KristianKulha! thank you for your reply.

In some cases, performing a full factory reset is necessary to solve this problem, It has worked for me before. I understand your hesitation to do this, so we'll leave that option as a last resort.

To clarify, is your console enrolled in the Xbox Insider program?
Thema:

1. My Fortnite wont update. It keeps saying “installation stopped working”. - Similar Threads - Fortnite wont update

2. Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...: I followed the directions on the game and when I went to the Xbox code and went on my console it didn’t work it’s said it had already Been used and it was 1,000 vbuck on that card that I can’t use...
  3. fortnite

in XBoX on Consoles
    fortnite: The installed version of the AMD graphics driver has known issues in D3D11. Please install the recommended driver version or switch to a different rendering API. Would you like to visit the...
  4. I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to load into Fortnite yet have full connectivity from Wifi.: I have been trying to load into fortnite for over an hour. I appear to be having an issie with my wifi yet my xbox states all tests are able to be passed, connection tests, internet speed tests,...
  5. Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...: Yes dear Microsoft I’m having really bad issues with my Xbox controller having stick drift on Fortnite I’ve done shut auto run off and it still wants do this I’m on disability and can’t afford...
  6. Fortnite item shop timer is broken pls send help now.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Fortnite item shop timer is broken pls send help now.: lord i thank you for sunshine thank you for rain thank you for joy. 94a4ab5c-8fa4-416c-bb2e-02fb8d657b70
  7. i got my fortnite skins refunded

in XBoX on Windows
    i got my fortnite skins refunded: hello, i got my skins on fortnite refunded by you, i want them back d2be9805-11f3-4e9b-a8d7-9e3c19f35f5f
  8. Fortnite Cross-Network chat for Under 10's

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Fortnite Cross-Network chat for Under 10's: My son (9) currently plays Fortnite with his older brother (11), one on Switch the other on PS5. There are no issues with cross-network chat with this setup. We've recently purchased a Series S...
  9. my contoller wont work on fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my contoller wont work on fortnite: I have tried reinstall my firmware through device manger and have also gone on the setting in fortnite aefb9bc3-9b36-428e-b3b0-0e1f90518d02
  10. Wont let me buy the save the world pack on fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wont let me buy the save the world pack on fortnite: I have been trying to buy the save the world pack on fortnite for a few hours but it won't let me. I clicked the redeem code button and added my xbox gift card code in but it only added the credit...