My external storage device won’t turn on when plugged into xbox and will not show...

Discus and support My external storage device won’t turn on when plugged into xbox and will not show... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I need some help with my external storage device. When I plug it in it vibrates like it’s on but the light won’t turn on and the games downloaded onto... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Endermanleg, Nov 19, 2022.

1. Endermanleg
    Endermanleg Guest

My external storage device won’t turn on when plugged into xbox and will not show...

I need some help with my external storage device. When I plug it in it vibrates like it’s on but the light won’t turn on and the games downloaded onto it don’t show up.

:)

Endermanleg, Nov 19, 2022
  2. SidW1 Win User

Problem with an Xbox one x when starting up.

Hi,

Thanks for the solution. I have an external storage device, and unplugging it before turning the console on seems to have solved the problem. If it happens again when the storage device isn't plugged in, I'll try resetting the console.
  3. bBanks29 Win User

External Storage Device

I’ve plugged it into my PC which detected it, I’ve tried a new wire in my XBOX. The light on the external storage device lights up when i plug it into my XBOX.
  4. Poisoned Wiener Win User

Can't use external hard drive on Xbox 360

I've tried restarting the Xbox and checking the other UDB Devices I had plugged in. Theres no error message when plugging it into the Xbox, it just doesn't show up in my Storage Devices menu. The device itself is a Hitachi HDD.
  5. onyxishere Win User

Xbox One USB Power Questions

Go to Settings>Power & Startup and check Turn off storage when Xbox is off. That will turn off your external drive when the console is shut down. As for in Instant On mode I don't see my storage device on when the console is shut down.
  6. cobaltzzz Win User

my xbox is broken or something minecraft says its installing but its not doing anything and i cant uninstall it or pause the update

im using an xbox 1s no my xbox isnt in the insiders program its not displaying installation stopped and there are no external storage devices plugged into my xbox
Thema:

1. My external storage device won’t turn on when plugged into xbox and will not show... - Similar Threads - external storage device

2. Xbox one S digital external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S digital external storage: If I add an external storage to my Xbox one s all digital console, will I have to transfer games back and forth to be able to use them? Or does it work together, variations playing off of the...
  3. Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.: Game data deleted on internal storage of my Xbox X for only one game (Dead Space) after installing a external harddrive. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still nothing. HELP!...
  4. If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...: So I have an Xbox one s and I feel it’s time to finally upgrade to a new gen console. being the Xbox one s has a disk drive I have a bunch of game disks of games I play. Now I have an external...
  5. Why can I only play some games directly from external storage?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can I only play some games directly from external storage?: I have a 5tb external hard-drive. I have it formated for the xbox series x. I have it almost full with games, but only some will play directly from it. Others I have to constantly swap back and...
  6. Okay so external storage device

in XBoX on Consoles
    Okay so external storage device: I have tried literally every "Useful" tip under the sun at this point and it's STILL not being detected, it was working fine one night then I woke up and it hasn't worked ever since....
  7. If my external storage device stops working can I get a new one and keep all of my data?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If my external storage device stops working can I get a new one and keep all of my data?: My external storage device isn't being read and I don't know if it's the USB ports going bad or the hard drive. I just want to know if I can keep my data. ( Also I own a 2014 Xbox One)...
  8. Xbox Series S Storage problem moving games from external storage Device to internal Storage

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S Storage problem moving games from external storage Device to internal Storage: Instale un disco duro externo en mi Xbox series S para almacenar juegos de que algunos juegos optimizados para la nueva generación no pueden ser reproducidos directamente del disco duro y tienen...
  9. External storage device not working, games won't play

in XBoX on Consoles
    External storage device not working, games won't play: I am not knowledgeable about this stuff so idk what's going on. I have an external storage device that used to work but awhile back I noticed when it was plugged in my games wouldn't start. I...
  10. I have a Xbox one and my WD Black P10 external storage device keeps on disconnecting.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox one and my WD Black P10 external storage device keeps on disconnecting.: I have a Xbox one and my WD Black P10 external storage device keeps saying it's disconnected and the reconnected and giving me an error code 0x87e1001f when I play a game in my external drive when...