My External is getting power on my Xbox but won’t show up

Discus and support My External is getting power on my Xbox but won’t show up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently had to reset my Xbox one due to some installing issues and now my external hard drive won’t pop up on my storage but shows it’s getting... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by luckoftheirish1982, Sep 22, 2022.

1. My External is getting power on my Xbox but won’t show up

I recently had to reset my Xbox one due to some installing issues and now my external hard drive won’t pop up on my storage but shows it’s getting power. I’m supposed to have 34 games pop up but it sits at the 6 already on my Xbox. I’ve tried what forums has told me to do and nothing has worked decided to ask here.

:)

luckoftheirish1982, Sep 22, 2022
  2. Marshmello5832 Win User

Maybe the drive was having a malfunction, so it chooses to restart and fixed the problem
  3. luckoftheirish1982 Win User

I don’t have another console on hand but I did connect it to my laptop and it was reading it and it showed up. I’ve tried configuring my settings associated with storage as well. When I plug it into the xbox it lights up blinks like it should and then becomes solid again but does not show on my xbox. I’ve done a restart and I’ve unplugged the console but it keeps doing the same thing.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this LUCKOFTHEIRISH1982

May I know if you tried connecting the drive to another console to see if the issue persists?
    Or, if you connect the drive to a PC. Are you able to see the drive listed once you open the Disk management tool?

And, tell me briefly what did you tried so far to fix this problem?
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

And did you already tried with all the ports in your console, right?

If yes, when you say "Restart" are you referring to factory reset the console?
    If not, please do it but keeping games and apps
    Go to settings > system > console info > reset and then select keep my games and apps

If that doesn't work, I know that this could bother you but the next step is format the drive using your PC and check again in your console
  6. luckoftheirish1982 Win User

I plugged it into my window laptop and it’s working, shows up and I can see it but I’ve tried all of my ports on my Xbox and every setting fix most forums say, it’s getting power but won’t show on my Xbox.
Thema:

1. My External is getting power on my Xbox but won’t show up - Similar Threads - External getting power

2. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  3. Can I use XAC with external joystick and separate steering wheel at the same time?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use XAC with external joystick and separate steering wheel at the same time?: Is it possible to use a Logitech g920steering wheel and a separate joystick (Logitech 3d extreme pro ) that is Xbox compatible with the Xbox adaptive controller together. Eg allowing me to use the...
  4. Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game data deleted on internal storage after installing an external harddrive.: Game data deleted on internal storage of my Xbox X for only one game (Dead Space) after installing a external harddrive. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still nothing. HELP!...
  5. If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I put my physical game data into a external storage and plug it into my series s could i...: So I have an Xbox one s and I feel it’s time to finally upgrade to a new gen console. being the Xbox one s has a disk drive I have a bunch of game disks of games I play. Now I have an external...
  6. External hard disk

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard disk: Hello everyone I'm just looking for an advice here if someone could give me a definitive answer to a question that has been bugging me for a while. I've recently bought a new external hard...
  7. How to get game from external and internal storage to just internal storage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to get game from external and internal storage to just internal storage: I just switched from xb1 to series x and on of my games is installed on my external and internal storage, i tried to move them both to internal but it wont let me until my game finishes upgrading,...
  8. If my external storage device stops working can I get a new one and keep all of my data?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If my external storage device stops working can I get a new one and keep all of my data?: My external storage device isn't being read and I don't know if it's the USB ports going bad or the hard drive. I just want to know if I can keep my data. ( Also I own a 2014 Xbox One)...
  9. Cannot get Sandisk USB 3.0 to work as external harddirve

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot get Sandisk USB 3.0 to work as external harddirve: I formatted a sandisk 3.0 256gb usb flashdrive to ntfs and plugged it into my xbox one s. I plugged it into my xbox one and it showed up asking if I want to use it for media or game, I chose media...
  10. External seagate hard drive light not on but is still getting power

in XBoX on Consoles
    External seagate hard drive light not on but is still getting power: Hi if anyone can help with this I will be so grateful. But my hard drive went out on me with all my games in it and now I'm having the problem of the hard drive light not coming on, but I can feel...