My External is getting power on my Xbox but won’t show up

Discus and support My External is getting power on my Xbox but won’t show up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently had to reset my Xbox one due to some installing issues and now my external hard drive won’t pop up on my storage but shows it’s getting... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by luckoftheirish1982, Sep 22, 2022.

1. My External is getting power on my Xbox but won’t show up

I recently had to reset my Xbox one due to some installing issues and now my external hard drive won’t pop up on my storage but shows it’s getting power. I’m supposed to have 34 games pop up but it sits at the 6 already on my Xbox. I’ve tried what forums has told me to do and nothing has worked decided to ask here.

:)

luckoftheirish1982, Sep 22, 2022
  2. Marshmello5832 Win User

Maybe the drive was having a malfunction, so it chooses to restart and fixed the problem
  3. luckoftheirish1982 Win User

I don’t have another console on hand but I did connect it to my laptop and it was reading it and it showed up. I’ve tried configuring my settings associated with storage as well. When I plug it into the xbox it lights up blinks like it should and then becomes solid again but does not show on my xbox. I’ve done a restart and I’ve unplugged the console but it keeps doing the same thing.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this LUCKOFTHEIRISH1982

May I know if you tried connecting the drive to another console to see if the issue persists?
    Or, if you connect the drive to a PC. Are you able to see the drive listed once you open the Disk management tool?

And, tell me briefly what did you tried so far to fix this problem?
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

And did you already tried with all the ports in your console, right?

If yes, when you say "Restart" are you referring to factory reset the console?
    If not, please do it but keeping games and apps
    Go to settings > system > console info > reset and then select keep my games and apps

If that doesn't work, I know that this could bother you but the next step is format the drive using your PC and check again in your console
  6. luckoftheirish1982 Win User

I plugged it into my window laptop and it’s working, shows up and I can see it but I’ve tried all of my ports on my Xbox and every setting fix most forums say, it’s getting power but won’t show on my Xbox.
Thema:

1. My External is getting power on my Xbox but won’t show up - Similar Threads - External getting power

2. Unable to install games, gets error 0x00000001 or no option to choose external device.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install games, gets error 0x00000001 or no option to choose external device.: I bought xbox game pass for playing games, but my internal ssd didn't have space. There was no option to install games in my external hdd, the external hard drive is not showing in xbox app while...
  3. Getting alerts that my External Drives are ready to use on every cold boot on Series X.

in XboX Insiders
    Getting alerts that my External Drives are ready to use on every cold boot on Series X.: Every time I cold boot or restart my console, I am alerted that my external drives are ready to use. I am not surenif this is intended behavior, but I wasn't getting this on my One X. I am...
  4. my wifi connection is getting disconnected since installing an external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    my wifi connection is getting disconnected since installing an external hard drive: I have an Xbox One and just purchased a Toshiba 1TB external hard drive. It connects ok and initially everything seems ok but the wifi connection randomly gets disconnected and the only solution...
  5. external hardrives on xbox one keep getting disconected

in XBoX on Consoles
    external hardrives on xbox one keep getting disconected: my 2 external segate hard drives on my xbox one keep randomly getting disconnected and having the games on them hidden ive reset the console to factory settings keeping the games and apps also...
  6. Recently installed only shows 5 latest updates (3tb external) be nice to get a list to see...

in XboX Insiders
    Recently installed only shows 5 latest updates (3tb external) be nice to get a list to see...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Bravedwarf1 [link] [comments]
  7. Does anyone know how to get MKV files playing from an external HD on XBox 1?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to get MKV files playing from an external HD on XBox 1?: Hi all, I recently bought an X Box 1 (2nd hand) to use as a media centre. I have an external HD with movies. I DLed VLC, got set up etc. Now it plays the TV series happily enough but when I try to...
  8. Old XBONE HDD removed, can't get it to work as external drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Old XBONE HDD removed, can't get it to work as external drive: So here's the story: Original Xbox one stopped working about a year after I bought it (brand new), spent 12 months after that trying to get it to turn on without success from me or Microsoft...
  9. Is it possible with a 4 GB console to just use an external hard drive and get more than 32 GB?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible with a 4 GB console to just use an external hard drive and get more than 32 GB?: Is it possible with a 4 GB console to just use an external hard drive and get more than the 32 GBs it is offering me? I know that external storage that is able to be used was increased as I use...
  10. Brand New toshiba usb 3.0 external hard drive not getting picked up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New toshiba usb 3.0 external hard drive not getting picked up.: Purchased new Toshiba ext 1TB hd usb 3.0, it lights up like its getting power, but never shows as storage or anywhere on system. Works with win 10 laptop, and on a friends xbox 1, but after all...