My external hard drive wont load into my console NEED HELP

Discus and support My external hard drive wont load into my console NEED HELP in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; My external hard drive wont load into my console need help I need help with my external hard drive. I have had this xbox and drive for about 2 years... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/taege_ellsowrth, Dec 27, 2020.

1. My external hard drive wont load into my console NEED HELP

My external hard drive wont load into my console need help

I need help with my external hard drive. I have had this xbox and drive for about 2 years now give or take and out of no where it stopped working.

A week ago out of nowhere it just didn’t read it anymore. I did all of the things that your supposed to do like plug it in to the other port or restart your console or blow into the port on the storage box and my console and all of that but I still can find out whats wrong.

So i went online and even to the xbox assistant app on the console to look and i did all the things like the instant on power mode was already on and “when my xbox is off, turn off storage” is already off as well so i really don’t know what to do so any tips to help would really help me out and happy holidays.

submitted by /u/taege_ellsowrth
    [link] [comments]

/u/taege_ellsowrth, Dec 27, 2020
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

took too long to start error

Sorry to hear it. If the games are on an external hard drive then try loading one on to the internal drive to see if that helps. If you do not have an external hard drive or that does not work then the issue may lie with the console and will need to
    be repaired. You can set this up at
    https://devicesupport.microsoft.com
  3. OpticRJames Win User

Dashboard and games library won't load?

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

If there is an external hard drive connected to your console, please turn off the console and then disconnect the external hard drive. Turn on the console without the external hard drive and check if it works fine. A corrupted hard drive can affect load times on the console causing it to crash.

The next step that I can recommend here is to do the offline system update method which can be done by following the steps from this link, https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne....
  4. Batman911 Win User

Digital copy download time?

Do you have it installed to a External Harddrive or internal ?

Also try a hard reset of the console to see if that helps. I ask about the External or Internal as my Drive likes to go into sleep without me noticing and that stops games etc loading
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Using an external hard drive with an xbox one S

What I did was move all my games from the xbox internal hard drive onto the external which is pretty easy to do.Having games on the external hard drive makes load times a bit faster.

All I have on the internal drive is apps & captures now.

I then set it so all games & updates download onto my external drive.,you can do all this in Settings/system/storage.

You games wont be on both hard drives.

If your external HD breaks then yeah,you would need to re download everything but as long as you get a good quality hard drive this shouldn't be an issue.

Just remember the hard drive needs to be USB 3:0 & at least 256mb (I think).

I got a 2TB Seagate & that does me just fine but I don't have games installed that I have no intention on playing for a long time.
  6. PandaBadass Win User

Shangri-La won't load..

i installed it on my hard drive, it still wont load, it just freeze at loading.....
Thema:

My external hard drive wont load into my console NEED HELP

1. My external hard drive wont load into my console NEED HELP - Similar Threads - external hard drive

2. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  3. Not being able to play games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Not being able to play games on external hard drive: Why can’t I play games on my external hard rice fa80c9e6-2a62-4a8b-93ef-811c874bbf99
  4. XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0: Hi there! I'm having some troubles with my XBOX Series S while trying to configure an external hard drive. According to the console, the device isn't fast enough to work as an external storage. It...
  5. Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive: Howdy, I want to transfer my old game saves data from my XBOX One onto an external hard drive. I have already formatted an external hard drive (EHD) to use but I can currently only copy the DLC...
  6. New Xbox one S update makes my xbox crash evertime my external hard drive connects

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox one S update makes my xbox crash evertime my external hard drive connects: My WD Black D10 was working fine with my console until the last update. Now when the HD is plugged in, my console makes a freezing noise and shuts down and it keeps repeating in this cycle. There...
  7. What external hard drive can i buy to satisfy the series x games having to be played on the...

in XBoX on Windows
    What external hard drive can i buy to satisfy the series x games having to be played on the...: I believe the external drives have to be spec'd to a certain speed and WD was going to release some. Maybe the WD P10 5TB? Please advise! 4ab85aec-6435-4e57-a47d-37e6f1c38f55
  8. Is the interface that comes up when transferring clips to an external hard drive supposed...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the interface that comes up when transferring clips to an external hard drive supposed...: When I go to transfer clips to an external drive, it will function for a while and then will all of a sudden close without any indication of it continuing the process. is this supposed too happen...
  9. What's the point of selling external hard drives SPECIFICALLY FOR XBOX SERIES X/S if you...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What's the point of selling external hard drives SPECIFICALLY FOR XBOX SERIES X/S if you...: I bought an external hard drive that was specifically made for Xbox Series X/S. I was told it would allow me to store and be played off of yet that was not true when I attempted to actually play a...
  10. why am i not allowed to just play xbox enhanced games off a external hard drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    why am i not allowed to just play xbox enhanced games off a external hard drive?: if its because "they are enhanced" why not give me a pop up that says "this game will run better if its installed to the internal drive or the expansion card are you sure you wish to play without...